List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The can't run both ways excuse may not be completely accurate but Treloar hasn't been the same player since he has suffered some bad hamstring injuries.

He could be another Hannebery where his best footy is behind him due to chronic hamstring problems, if that's the case it would explain why Collingwood were so keen to move him on and help pay part of his salary.

Everyone is saying that the Bulldogs won the trade period because they seemingly got Treloar for a steal but they might have been sold a pup, pardon the pun.
It also helps that they are guaranteed the No 1 pick without needing to have a first round draft pick.

Take nothing away, but it’s easy to win the pot when you’re dealt a winning hand to begin with.

Yes somehow Treloar got “senior players want you gone” confused with “defensive running issues”. Please.

He also was completely fine and supportive with his partner being away to play netball. But his employer decided that wasn't a sensitive enough attitude and that it should be messing him up.

In other breaking news. Captain James Cook cried every morning because he was away from his wife for 3 years at a time.
In latest news it wasn't Maori's who killed him...but heartache. We know now it is impossible to be parted from someone you love for 6 months.

He also was completely fine and supportive with his partner being away to play netball. But his employer decided that wasn't a sensitive enough attitude and that it should be messing him up.

In other breaking news. Captain James Cook cried every morning because he was away from his wife for 3 years at a time.
In latest news it wasn't Maori's who killed him...but heartache. We know now it is impossible to be parted from someone you love for 6 months.

Technically Polynesians, they were Hawaiians that speared him not Maori.

Would we consider palming our 2020 first pick for for a first next year (2021) and some later 2020 picks? Kind of like a Hawthorn trade again... we could capitalise on someone like Pies wanting another 1st round pick to save face.

I seem to recall the Dogs winning the trade period last year recruiting Josh spud Bruce....

It will be interesting to see how the Treloar trade plays out. Something just doesn’t sit well with me. Why would the Pies prioritise moving him on over a bloke that is facing criminal charges? I reckon there’s some truth to the senior players wanting him out. FIGJAM/nuffie vibes.

I won’t be surprised to see Dunkley get moved on during the trade window. Lonie not getting any love or is he hoping to walk through the PSD to his club of choice? Whether we keep him or not I’m not overly fussed. Depth for mine.
I had to laugh when Treloar fed journos the nugget that "he was difficult to coach but the coaches didn't say why".

It could be that the coaches' criticism was unconstructive, but I prefer to imagine it was more a case of "Yeah they said I was a bad listener and blah blah blah, I forget the rest"

I agree, something about the Treloar trade is iffy. They just signed him up recently, they simply can't have been so incompetent as to have just not noticed the salary cap before then.

We'll see I guess.

The Tom Browne that announced Adelaide was matching the Crouch offer?

He ran with the information he got. Do you seriously doubt Adelaide weren’t leaking to every journalist around they were going to match simply to up the pressure on St Kilda? The guys info was probably rock solid when he posted it.

Would we consider palming our 2020 first pick for for a first next year (2021) and some later 2020 picks? Kind of like a Hawthorn trade again... we could capitalise on someone like Pies wanting another 1st round pick to save face.
No because of the AFL rules that say you have to use a first round pick in the draft within a certain time frame. We want to take this one to the draft so we can use the 2021 1st however we want.
That said, the AFL can give exemptions to teams.

I do like the idea of trying to trade out of this draft and into next years, when there will be a better indicator for the players nominating given they’ll have played footy throughout the year. Assuming COVID doesn’t ruin that again in 2021.

H
No because of the AFL rules that say you have to use a first round pick in the draft within a certain time frame. We want to take this one to the draft so we can use the 2021 1st however we want.
That said, the AFL can give exemptions to teams.

I do like the idea of trying to trade out of this draft and into next years, when there will be a better indicator for the players nominating given they’ll have played footy throughout the year. Assuming COVID doesn’t ruin that again in 2021.
Have we officially hit our quota and have to use our 1st this year? As my suggestion would be to have 2 next year plus a future 1st available (meaning 2 tradeable 1st round picks).

Imagine having even more reason to barrack against the Pies every week...

Could do a lot worse than getting our mits on the pies 2021 first. They could completely s**t the bed next year.

Having said that, libba might have a conniption if we don't give him access to a half decent pick this year after last year's trade bounty 🤪

List sizes from 37-44, with 9 to 10% cut in the salary cap. Geez, just wanna know, who will & won't be playing for us, before the draft. And can we cut player's after the draft?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The can't run both ways excuse may not be completely accurate but Treloar hasn't been the same player since he has suffered some bad hamstring injuries.

He could be another Hannebery where his best footy is behind him due to chronic hamstring problems, if that's the case it would explain why Collingwood were so keen to move him on and help pay part of his salary.

Everyone is saying that the Bulldogs won the trade period because they seemingly got Treloar for a steal but they might have been sold a pup, pardon the pun.
We can all hope

Chronic hamstring problems ? He played 24 games last year and has played more games over the last 5 years than Crouch

Its ok to admit other clubs have done well, which the Dogs did

We would be over the moon if we landed him, but because we didn't land him there must be something wrong with him

Would easily be our 2nd best mid

We can all hope
I really hope he smashes it at the Dogs
1st reason to jam it up the pies
2nd reason he seems like a pretty decent bloke

Jason McCartney had a decent crack at the Crows and the injectors for how the behaved in trade period.

Good on him. Most people try to be diplomatic but he just called it out for what it was. Typical essendon BS

From Fox footy site:

20201114_195803.jpg

List sizes from 37-44, with 9 to 10% cut in the salary cap. Geez, just wanna know, who will & won't be playing for us, before the draft. And can we cut player's after the draft?
Think first list lodgment is at the end of this week and second lodgment end of the week after. So probably not.
I thought I read somewhere that lists had to be locked in post the draft but that was a while back so may have changed more recently.

May be a few delisted and told we may/will redraft them either as senior or rookie listed

Chronic hamstring problems ? He played 24 games last year and has played more games over the last 5 years than Crouch

Its ok to admit other clubs have done well, which the Dogs did

We would be over the moon if we landed him, but because we didn't land him there must be something wrong with him

Would easily be our 2nd best mid

Hamstring problems aside I think Treloar is an overpaid frontrunning squib which is probably why we didn't chase him.

We already have on overpaid frontrunning squib in Hill so we went for a couple of working class tradies in Crouch and Higgins.

If you had a plumbing problem that needed to be fixed you would be at ease if Crouch turned up with his plumbing assistant Higgins.

If Treloar or Hill turned up to fix your plumbing you would be like "we're f***ed".

It also helps that they are guaranteed the No 1 pick without needing to have a first round draft pick.

Take nothing away, but it’s easy to win the pot when you’re dealt a winning hand to begin with.

No doubt Treloar was a steal and the Dogs would be rapt at getting him for SFA with a subsidised contract to boot.

It may be a simplistic way of looking at it but I view the trade period like this -

We have lost nobody from our best 22 this year (even best 24 if you like). We have gained Crouch and Higgins who should be best 22. We've retained our first round draft pick and upgraded Abbott to McKernan as a back up. So in simple terms our best line up will be two players better off than this year when we finished top 6.

The Bulldogs lost no one from their best 22. They gained an A grade mid for peanuts pick wise. However, the midfield is an area where they are already very strong. Stefan Martin is a warrior but at the end of his days. They should get decent service for a season or two tops. Hannan is a bit of an unknown. I doubt you could claim him as best 22 at this stage.

So improvement wise they are plus two (three if you're generous) in terms of their best 22. It's hardly a decisive edge and not reason to break out the champagne. Also those claim retaining Dunkley as a "Trade win" don't get it. Anyone can say no to a trade request for a contracted player if they want to. Just ask Dodoro. Look how that turned out for them !

Geelong is the interesting one. Beaten grand finalists who have added 3 best 22 players to their list (Cameron, Higgins and Smith). However, they have lost Ablett and Taylor from their best 22. Added to that is the loss of their mega pick package they got for Kelly. So they have a net gain of one player to their best 22, although it does seem more than that when you assess the particular players involved.

So overall I think we did as well as anyone in the trade period and are well positioned to draft another good kid or two this year. We are also well placed to go big again next trade period. Well done to the Dogs for getting Treloar but I think the media are overrating their overall performance.

Hamstring problems aside I think Treloar is an overpaid frontrunning squib which is probably why we didn't chase him.

We already have on overpaid frontrunning squib in Hill so we went for a couple of working class tradies in Crouch and Higgins.

If you had a plumbing problem that needed to be fixed you would be at ease if Crouch turned up with his plumbing assistant Higgins.

If Treloar or Hill turned up to fix your plumbing you would be like "we're f***ed".
Wow what a Sh1t post

Treloar is more like peak Stuv. My only issue is with a double hammy this year. The soft tissue injuries don't tend to get better past 30 and his speed is his superpower. At least Crouch was more like a push motion injury rather than a static tear.

Am I the only one that thinks Geelong will be worse next year? Think they’re going in the completely wrong direction with their trading. They’re going for the now but the last two years have shown that they’re past it when it comes to the big occasion.

In two years they’ll have arguably the biggest fall from grace in modern footy history.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back