List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clubs are going to have a lot of players the have to dispose of due to reduced lists and teams with contracted players that are excess will be out the door in a fire sale , so I fully expect you will see some players you never expect will be on the outer and the players could force the issue in any attempt to get game time , North with there big list cull could well stock up on some very good bargains.
Even we have to remove 4 players from our list as of now to get to 38 players if that is the list size they say.
We also have to remember teams have to pick kids in the draft as well.
Guys like Savage , Parker , Marsh , Phillips , Alabakis could all be out the door due to list size and that is before we bring in any more players.
Teams like Geelong are going to have to let players like Narkle , Cockatoo , Constable and Rohan out the door for nothing.
Richmond will also need to move some players to list sizes and every team are going to hold out in a attempt to get a price for there players this why Higgins is out the door because he is excess and un-contracted.
I'm interested in what WCE and Fremantle have to let go.
Higgin's is contracted, both of them actually

You never know who might put there hand up to move , we could still get a player no one thought was available.
A lot to happen yet - Dunstan , Lonie , Ross , Webster and even Carlisle could all move.
Leaving a hell lot of money on the table.

I think bringing players in we're at wait & see (Treloar, Higgins, the 0.01% chance at Caldwell) but another club has to jump rather than be pushed by us.

Departing players, I'd imagine we'd have Hind and Lonie moving on relatively cheaply and smoothly, and new homes for some mix of Dunstan, Savage, Roberton, Webster, Ross and DMac will be sought out.

just remember that at the beginning of this whole trade period Lethlean did say that we won't be dong much so Mckernan and crouch just might be it.

Interesting comments from Lethers yesterday on radio.

Said Dunstan wasn't going anywhere and Treloar will be tough to get done.

Dunstan staying hurts out chances massively for Treloar, we need him, Webster and Lonie gone to make room.

Only other thing I can think of (that will free cap space) is Roberton moving on and the fact we stop paying McCartin. I don't know how much they both are in total but I know Roberton is on a big contract so maybe that could help, plus the Pies helping with salary next year.

Heaps to play out - unless I have missed something today

Looks like the bummers are gonna spoil our party again - first it was Caldwell, now it looks like it will be Treloar. If Dunkley ends up in the sharps disposal bin then the Doggies would certainly go for Treloar and be much better placed than us to get a deal done. Reading between the lines however it looks like Gubby is greasing the wheel and hopefully it results in Treloar declaring it's either us or he stays - one can dream!

Interesting comments from Lethers yesterday on radio.

Said Dunstan wasn't going anywhere and Treloar will be tough to get done.

Dunstan staying hurts out chances massively for Treloar, we need him, Webster and Lonie gone to make room.

Only other thing I can think of (that will free cap space) is Roberton moving on and the fact we stop paying McCartin. I don't know how much they both are in total but I know Roberton is on a big contract so maybe that could help, plus the Pies helping with salary next year.

Heaps to play out - unless I have missed something today
I can't see any club being interested in Roberton with him not playing in so long.

Treloar seems very very unlikely to happen. Gags didn't close the door completely today, but it doesn't sound like we will go out of our way to make it happen either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rendell keeps saying Saints would be Treloars preferred club, has this been said any where else?

Lonie to me will be one of those players who are a bit difficult to watch running around in different colours. Newnes wasn’t Bruce wasn’t Acres was sort of.
Would love to see him flopping away in the Bulldogs forward line next to Bruce. Oh how the Bullies will hate us even more than they do now lol.

Went through and watched a heap of the games from this year.. FMD Lonie was a very valuable player for us. Even though he’s 3ft tall and can’t take a mark above his head - I kinda don’t wanna let him go 🥺

It really depends whether or not Higgins comes. Lonie would be a superb 3rd small forward/backup/rotation, however he'd probably want more gametime and salary than we might offer. If we don't get Higgins then losing Lonie won't be good for us.

Update: Tigers still want Higgins but happy to trade also. Whisper out is Higgins weighing up whether he wants out, most likely to St Kilda.

I think Gallagher hinted at that in a roundabout way on trade radio also.

Thanks Johhny

Before reading your post it appeared to me that the tigers still wanted Higgins but were happy to trade also, and that Higgins himself was weighing up his future.

Cheers for bringing the knowledge to clear that mess up :thumbsupv1:

Update: Tigers still want Higgins but happy to trade also. Whisper out is Higgins weighing up whether he wants out, most likely to St Kilda.

I think Gallagher hinted at that in a roundabout way on trade radio also.
Do you live in Perth mate? You’re always at least a couple of hours behind

Thanks Johhny

Before reading your post it appeared to me that the tigers still wanted Higgins but were happy to trade also, and that Higgins himself was weighing up his future.

Cheers for bringing the knowledge to clear that mess up :thumbsupv1:

No worries. Snags is still a chance to get to RSEA Park. Put it that way. More going on behind the scenes. Will accelerate closer to when trade period finishes.

Furthermore replying to my own post lol, saints have received most trades of any club since 1990. True Destination Club.
9DmSG3k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back