List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

How long ago did you see Alabakis at training Joffa. Could he be showing some improvement now?
I don't know much about the guy but I would not expect any improvement this past year due to limited game time , hopefully he gets a good crack at it this year playing second's and shows he is worth persisting with , hopefully he shows more than Pierce.

It's been pushed back to April 2021.

Once the club knows that he probably will be convicted, they will get rid of him.

Really glad we didn’t even appear to look at him.

I don't know much about the guy but I would not expect any improvement this past year due to limited game time , hopefully he gets a good crack at it this year playing second's and shows he is worth persisting with , hopefully he shows more than Pierce.
Pierce lasted 5 or 7 years at the saints I think.

Unless you're Izak Rankine, then it's always brilliant and "playing true to yourself" or some toss

I'll never forget Bruce Mcervaney's public on air orgasm during one of the games earlier in the year. OOOOHHHHH RRAAANNKKKIINNNEE.
I felt ill after it, as if I had been violated...and I live in Ireland.

Just wondering if anyone remembers where Hugh Goddard was rated a couple of years out from his draft?

Asking for a friend.

People finding reasons to kick a player they don't like out of our team. He's done a couple of selfish things over a 5 year career which get highlighted by commentators as they are usually related to goalkicking, but overall he's very team oriented and am excellent trainer apparently. I'm happy he's still with us.
Yea people love to ignore all his goal assists, when he puts his body on the line and when he does great defensive acts.

Replying to
@DanielCherny
As a sidebar, as I arrived at Windy Hill for this interview today, Shaun McKernan and Jake Carlisle were finishing up a big running session.
Looks like Carlisle might be looking to show he is worth a lot more than what he is currently getting paid.

Replying to
@DanielCherny
As a sidebar, as I arrived at Windy Hill for this interview today, Shaun McKernan and Jake Carlisle were finishing up a big running session.
Looks like Carlisle might be looking to show he is worth a lot more than what he is currently getting paid.
the bloody hell they doin at Windy Hill! other than that, thats good news!

His ridiculous height makes him a promising prospect in itself.

Just wondering if anyone remembers where Hugh Goddard was rated a couple of years out from his draft?

Asking for a friend.

Do you want the journo rankings or the recruiters rankings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asking for a friend.

My memory is in his underage year he was talked about as a top 10, maybe even top 5. I think he dropped a bit in his 2nd TAC year but the board talk was he was a good get at early 20s.

I reckon he is exactly the type of kid who is a big risk, same as Paddy. Big, early to mature, pushes most of the under 18s around pretty easily, comes in with big wraps. They often get caught out when they hit AFL and brute strength and size is no longer their competitive advantage,

Just looking at injuries - Goddard suffered a bad Achilles injury and it has actually finished careers , he never really came back after he had it or showed any form.
Interesting Ryder won Ports fairest and best in 2017 and then he suffered a Achilles injury in March 2018 which finished his season.

Saturday, 24 March 2018
Paddy Ryder suffers an Achilles injury during Port Adelaide's 50-point win over Fremantle.
"I'd say he'll miss some time, there's no doubt. It's just a matter of managing it now," Power coach Ken Hinkley said.
"Paddy's had a history of Achilles (injuries), he has done for probably four or five years. It is what it is."
Lee Gaskin for AFL.com.au

In 2019 Port brought in Lycett most probably thinking Paddy might never get back to his best and in 2019 battled to stay in the Port team.
Move onto 2020 he ends up at StKilda and most probably had a lot to do with Lade being a coach , as he had him at Port along with being mates with Hill.
Well he gets into the best shape he had been in for years and showed there is live in the old guy yet.

What I'm getting at here is a Achilles injury is really a long term injury to fully recover from and if you don't have the application to get back into the best possible shape you can you most probably will never recover completely from it.
Interesting the Achilles tendon is the thickest in the human body.

In saying all of this Goddard might not just of been AFL standard but the injury at just a young age in his development didn't help.

Just looking at injuries - Goddard suffered a bad Achilles injury and it has actually finished careers , he never really came back after he had it or showed any form.
Interesting Ryder won Ports fairest and best in 2017 and then he suffered a Achilles injury in March 2018 which finished his season.

Saturday, 24 March 2018
Paddy Ryder suffers an Achilles injury during Port Adelaide's 50-point win over Fremantle.
"I'd say he'll miss some time, there's no doubt. It's just a matter of managing it now," Power coach Ken Hinkley said.
"Paddy's had a history of Achilles (injuries), he has done for probably four or five years. It is what it is."

In 2019 Port brought in Lycett most probably thinking Paddy might never get back to his best and in 2019 battled to stay in the Port team.
Move onto 2020 he ends up at StKilda and most probably had a lot to do with Lade being a coach , as he had him at Port along with being mates with Hill.
Well he gets into the best shape he had been in for years and showed there is live in the old guy yet.

What I'm getting at here is a Achilles injury is really a long term injury to fully recover from and if you don't have the application to get back into the best possible shape you can you most probably will never recover completely from it.

In saying all of this Goddard might not just of been AFL standard but the injury at just a young age in his development didn't help.
Roughy did one too. Perhaps if we had him and Ryder around when Hugh did his it may have made a difference. Doesn’t matter now though. Same draft as Dougal it’s best just to imagine we got jack at 1, doogz at 21 and butler at 22.

Roughy did one too. Perhaps if we had him and Ryder around when Hugh did his it may have made a difference. Doesn’t matter now though. Same draft as Dougal it’s best just to imagine we got jack at 1, doogz at 21 and butler at 22.

Hughy was actually playing the first decent footy he'd played at Sandy when they cut him. Same with Freezer, it was like they couldn't get him right and then he looked average, finally started looking like he might make it and we cut him. The achilles is an excuse, he lacked a bit of pace and mobility/agility but could rip in down a mark. He would have been one of those kids who's size allowed him to destroy the other kids but as they grew his weaknesses started to show up while his size dominance dropped away.

He seems to think he has improved in the ruck since he was smashed by Draper.
Also by his own admission he said his fitness and conditioning were way off. ( last in the time trial ).
He's certainly had a year where he can work on that , and i'd hate to think that we'd have kept him if he hadn't been applying himself.

Draft time is getting closer, tik tik tik. I believe we may, with our 1st pick go with a needs basis, rather than best available. I mean it could end up pick 30 afterall. That's where Tom Highmore come's into the equation. 23y.o key back, not huge 193cm, but a good interceptor & reader of the play, think Battle. Then it's a mystery game, as to who might fit our needs & will be there by the time we pick again. Let's go with Jackson Cardillo, Clayton Gay (with pride) & Max Pescad. Rookies: C.Ballenden & Jake Steele? for a bit more height.

My memory is in his underage year he was talked about as a top 10, maybe even top 5. I think he dropped a bit in his 2nd TAC year but the board talk was he was a good get at early 20s.

I reckon he is exactly the type of kid who is a big risk, same as Paddy. Big, early to mature, pushes most of the under 18s around pretty easily, comes in with big wraps. They often get caught out when they hit AFL and brute strength and size is no longer their competitive advantage,

Their physical size had nothing to do with their failed AFL careers.

Both had terrible injuries that stopped their careers in their tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]
Draft time is getting closer, tik tik tik. I believe we may, with our 1st pick go with a needs basis, rather than best available. I mean it could end up pick 30 afterall. That's where Tom Highmore come's into the equation. 23y.o key back, not huge 193cm, but a good interceptor & reader of the play, think Battle. Then it's a mystery game, as to who might fit our needs & will be there by the time we pick again. Let's go with Jackson Cardillo, Clayton Gay (with pride) & Max Pescad. Rookies: C.Ballenden & Jake Steele? for a bit more height.
Tom Highmore is basically another Wilkie.
I dont think that's a need right now.

Were it with a late pick then sure thing, but there's still gonna be good talent available at our 1st so it won't be an over ager, l can promise.
Ballenden you can forget too.
He's exactly the type Brisbane need, and they delisted him. That says it all unfortunately.

Saturday, 24 March 2018

Kobe Bryant also ruptured his Achilles in 2013 when he was 34. Was sidelined for 8 months before he Came back and played another 3 seasons.

Were it with a late pick then sure thing, but there's still gonna be good talent available at our 1st so it won't be an over ager, l can promise.
He's exactly the type Brisbane need, and they delisted him. That says it all unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]
Eddie Ford is one I can't get a grip on, some mock drafts have him, in their top 20. Twomey hasn't got him, in his top 40.

Eddie Ford is one I can't get a grip on, some mock drafts have him, in their top 20. Twomey hasn't got him, in his top 40.
[/QUOTE]
presents as a poor mans Perkins - if anyone was taking him, they would be doing so hoping that he can have a presence in the midfield in future, being a big bodied mid. I havent seen any footage which suggests he can do that, but he is a risk worth taking at our pick. I just think there are more sure things out there but with less scope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back