List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of hoping there's no crowds next year or at least capped crowds next year.

It would still be a financial disaster obviously, but we are less reliant on them than others.

It would also keep the media off of our back for another year.

Thought about this also, half full at Marvel is a home game presence with limited opposition fans.

Yep, and you would have to think that might be having some impact on our ability to sign players from other clubs. Seems to be pretty common knowledge that north is not the place to be at the minute.

Some pretty narrow minded views in here regarding recruitment.

If taking on the contract of some spud who has no right to be in the AFL system gets us an extra first round selection then it's a no brainer.

And all this talk about "I don't want them pulling on the North jumper".... Please

I'd buy a North Melbourne Lingerie calendar staring Caroline Wilson for a pick in the 30's

I don't care if they bring in Led Boots Willy or Noskills McCantkick if it improves our draft hand
Led Boots Willy = The Pencil.

One thread done. September aint over. Finals yet to begin. Love it!!

Took 30 pages to get to June.
50 pages was July.

The last 8,750 posts have come in the past 2 months. Cooked campaigners haha

Not one person but more how the club has handled the exits and how Brown has been treated.

Alot not happy with how Brown thing has been played out. This bloke is a loyal North Melbourne person who given great service, lost a child this year and is invested in the place and now has been thrown to the scrapheap for anything.

This has pissed alot of playing group off. If they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone. As we saw on-field this season, the rumblings of a fractured club are very true.

I was shouted down at the time but I maintain, from the outside looking in this is exactly what I predicted when Rhyce publicly clipped Ben during what was an awful week for him. It's people management 101. You treat players the way we are starting to and you risk losing more than just the bloke you've directly thrown under the bus.

It was obvious from the outside looking in. We have had a few ITKs reporting on it more recently and still they get shouted down.

When it was first reported people get trying to suggest it was just the 11 delisted and maybe Polec who were pissed off. In my experience when a bloke gets shafted, that often they get empathy from others who theoretically should be pretty happy (being given opportunity, not indication they'll be shafted, etc.). That sentiment can build pretty quickly.

Not one person but more how the club has handled the exits and how Brown has been treated.

Alot not happy with how Brown thing has been played out. This bloke is a loyal North Melbourne person who given great service, lost a child this year and is invested in the place and now has been thrown to the scrapheap for anything.

This has pissed alot of playing group off. If they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone. As we saw on-field this season, the rumblings of a fractured club are very true.

I’m trying to recall if this situation is similar to when Buckley took over as senior coach of Pies.

This is when the captain plays a super important role. I hope he can get the team on the same page. Pies were lucky enough to have Pendlebury. He also believed in Bucks so I hope our leaders believe in Shaw. Otherwise we’re f$&@ed to put it politely!

Not that one iota of what you have said is true ........but in the unlikely event that it ever did become true we will tell those players that are unhappy to tell their story walking and we will arrange a trade for them.

This is exactly the reason we have Brady at the helm - to make the changes that have been so uncomfortable in the past that we have ended up with the worst and most lop sided list in the comp.

The days of the players running the club are well and truly over and we can all be thankful it has.

I was shouted down at the time but I maintain, from the outside looking in this is exactly what I predicted when Rhyce publicly clipped Ben during what was an awful week for him. It's people management 101. You treat players the way we are starting to and you risk losing more than just the bloke you've directly thrown under the bus.

Said the same thing at the time. Went out of his way to highlight Browns poor form, when he could have just said “Bens has a lot going on and we are giving him a week off”.

Getting a little worried that the club isn't trying to find any coaching staff for the positions yet to be filled, also no news of mentor coach for Shaw if they decide to go that route. Hearing that Adelaide has already got a couple and chatting to guys like Chocco Williams, GWS got a new coach too. Would hate for North to take too long and get left behind with someone sub par. Maybe no news is good news but not when the club is in such turmoil with trades and coming off a horrible season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back