List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't take long lol. Dunno life and all I suppose. probably thinks he's upset enough people and time to get a job as a parking inspector. Just to keep his hated theme going.

Have no more info than that.

He’d be no ******* good as a parking inspector. Everyone would get away from him.

He’d be no ******* good as a parking inspector. Everyone would get away from him.
He'd be a better traffic cop, telling people where to go, pointing in every direction.

He'd be a better traffic cop, telling people where to go, pointing in every direction.

Politician? He’d be a terrific yes man. You could just see him standing behind the Department head, nodding at everything that’s said.

Maybe he can be Smithers to Brad’s Monty as he moves up the AFL food chain.

That would be a lot of eggs in the Larkey basket.

Yeah it is but footy is heading towards various options rather than one big key forward. Brown is a one trick pony that has been worked out and he hasn’t done anything to dispel this.
Imagine him in a big final where there’s no space trying to take a contested mark. I know our passes ri him don’t help but by the time these young kids are ready to hit their peak he’ll be 30.
We need to take risks and we need to give up quality ti get decent picks or young guns.

Phillips over Hollands for me, pretty comfortably too.

I actually rate Thilthorpe #1 but think he'll go to Adelaide who seem to have the number one pick locked away.

Here's one a little from left field: Alex Witherden. 21 year old half back who is already one of the best kicks in the comp, Victorian, can't get a game at Brisbane at the moment due to them grabbing Birchall out of the retirement village. We are literally desperate for an elite kick coming out of defence, and he's a top end talent who might be open to a move home and could be gettable for a 2nd rounder...
Also BFNAAK. Wouldn't mind having a go at him if he's on the outer there.

I agree Rob, and am sure most clubs would be in the same boat. I'm not throwing the toys anywhere. This is the best I've felt about us ( direction wise) in a very long time. I'm it seems one of the very few who's not upset with our loss against the bog average hawks .

Someone mentioned yesterday that we cannot have Williams, McDonald and Pittard all suspect by foot in the same back line if we want to improve. That is 100% correct.

I also hope we trade at seasons end. For 24-25 yr olds , that can run and kick. Our midfield didn't look flash yesterday. And games are pretty much won/lost from there.
I know some (RobZombie makes some good points about depth) but I agree with The acurate one here.

Favourites, hard luck stories and sob stories aside, I can't see an on-field impact of the following not being on our list next year

Ben Jacobs
Taylor Garner
Paul Ahern
Dom Tyson
Ben McKay
Sam Durdin
Kayne Turner
Mason Wood
Ed Vickers-Willis
Jamie Macmillan
Joel Crocker
Tom Murphy

I appreciate there are other off field and cultural considerations in these decisions but I would hope our new 'depth' players would be the likes of Atley, Anderson, McDonald, Williams, Daw than those above
I say it most off seasons - you can't delist all the bad players this year otherwise you won't have any left to delist next year.

Yeah it's hardly an earth shattering revelation and I think Pykie's said the same, but the main problem with cutting so deep in one go is what you replace them with. 10 list spots is a lot to fill, even allowing that some of them are churning through rookie listed players that aren't working out. DFAs, late round and rookie picks just gets you more of the same with maybe 20% working out. Is that 20% a good gamble and good use of those list spots? Maybe, maybe not. And there are reasons why you keep some guys who aren't obvious best 22. Campbell is an obvious example - great culture guy, solid proven depth, cheap as chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say it most off seasons - you can't delist all the bad players this year otherwise you won't have any left to delist next year.

Yeah it's hardly an earth shattering revelation and I think Pykie's said the same, but the main problem with cutting so deep in one go is what you replace them with. 10 list spots is a lot to fill, even allowing that some of them are churning through rookie listed players that aren't working out. DFAs, late round and rookie picks just gets you more of the same with maybe 20% working out. Is that 20% a good gamble and good use of those list spots? Maybe, maybe not. And there are reasons why you keep some guys who aren't obvious best 22. Campbell is an obvious example - great culture guy, solid proven depth, cheap as chips.
You can't, but we need to start somewhere. This year could be an opportunity due to possible list reductions. If lists reduce to 40 from 44, you delisted 8, and bring in 4.

Contract status will have an impact too. We've got some stinkers like Tyson, so unless he walked away, he'll be here in 2021.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Phillips over Hollands for me, pretty comfortably too.

I actually rate Thilthorpe #1 but think he'll go to Adelaide who seem to have the number one pick locked away.
Is Thilthorpe pronounced as it is spelt? No silent h at the start?

If it is, Caroline Wilson will spontaneously combust.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yeah it is but footy is heading towards various options rather than one big key forward. Brown is a one trick pony that has been worked out and he hasn’t done anything to dispel this.
Imagine him in a big final where there’s no space trying to take a contested mark. I know our passes ri him don’t help but by the time these young kids are ready to hit their peak he’ll be 30.
We need to take risks and we need to give up quality ti get decent picks or young guns.
Not sure he has been going that bad runners up in the Coleman last 3 years and not 1 key full forward has had much influence this year and for being 30 would not say that would be an issue not really that old for a key forward.

Drew had his best seasons when he was 30 and over. I know Brown might have a drop in output, but the over 30 argument doesn't really hold water most of the time. So many players have played their best footy in their late 20s and early 30s.

We just need to develop the kids, polish up the disposal of the mids, get rid of those who aren't up to scratch (looking at you Jed) and give Brown some space inside 50. He's not playing s**t because he's s**t, the bloke's kicked 60 goals in each of the last 3 seasons for Christ's sake. We simply aren't playing to his strengths. He's a lead up forward, not a pack marker. And he is nearly impossible to stop when he makes a lead. It's not his fault the delivery inside 50 has been woeful.

Drew had his best seasons when he was 30 and over. I know Brown might have a drop in output, but the over 30 argument doesn't really hold water most of the time. So many players have played their best footy in their late 20s and early 30s.

We just need to develop the kids, polish up the disposal of the mids, and give Brown some space inside 50. He's not playing sh*t because he's sh*t, the bloke's kicked 60 goals in each of the last 3 seasons for Christ's sake. We simply aren't playing to his strengths. He's a lead up forward, not a pack marker. And he is nearly impossible to stop when he makes a lead. It's not his fault the delivery inside 50 has been woeful.
Especially considering that those young guys, including Larkey, will be in their prime and taking more of the opposition's attention.

Especially considering that those young guys, including Larkey, will be in their prime and taking more of the opposition's attention.
Exactly. Larkey is gonna be a very very good player in his prime. With both him and Brown we'll be seriously stretching opposition defences, as long as we use a gameplan that works and suits their play styles.

For anyone au fait with free agency compensation, what would be the chances of us getting a 3rd round compensation pick if Mason Wood and / or Jamie Macmillan were to leave as free agents?

Just thinking it would be handy to get an extra 3rd rounder or two that we could combine with *'s 2nd rounder to trade up into the teens. Would have to be several teams with high academy picks that would be keen on such a trade.

For anyone au fait with free agency compensation, what would be the chances of us getting a 3rd round compensation pick if Mason Wood and / or Jamie Macmillan were to leave as free agents?

Just thinking it would be handy to get an extra 3rd rounder or two that we could combine with *'s 2nd rounder to trade up into the teens. Would have to be several teams with high academy picks that would be keen on such a trade.
Mate no one would take macmillan
Bloke will get delisted and not one club would waste a spot on him

Not sure he has been going that bad runners up in the Coleman last 3 years and not 1 key full forward has had much influence this year and for being 30 would not say that would be an issue not really that old for a key forward.

Yep. I'd be very, very careful of making long term list management decisions on proven performers based on even the entirety of this season. Games are significantly shorter. It's a factor, but you have to weigh this against what players have delivered in full uninterrupted seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back