List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah but probably Guthrie, Menegola and Hawkins would‘ve marked Marley’s turnovers anyway for the same result Ferbs :D
I actually don’t mind we are experimenting.

I'd rather see Hayden in the middle but I like what Shaw has done with him in terms of pushing him to defend. Is he any different to Williams in terms of kicking ability or creative play tho? Don't mind that experimentation, and Pittard should have stayed forward yesterday.

Ok it’s getting a bit boring on here with no wild rumours of players we’re getting/chasing.
Over to all ITK ppl
Perhaps there aint no ITK posts cause theres nothin to know?

If we did trade out BBB, would Peter Wright be worth a look as a replacement & what do you think GC would want for him?

He's currently on about 650k per year at GC.
I don't think he's that good, i'm not even sure what his best position is and I don't think he's worth pursuing.

He's currently on about 650k per year at GC.
I don't think he's that good, i'm not even sure what his best position is and I don't think he's worth pursuing.
The only skill wright has is being 2 metres tall. That's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a little thing called the Salary cap that stops that from happening ?
And there's a big thing called a share and property portfolio outside of Footyland that allows that to happen..

My list of untouchables:

Jy Simpkin
LDU
Tarryn Thomas
Kyron Hayden
Curtis Taylor
Nick Larkey
Bailey Scott
Cameron Zurhaar

Ben Mckay
Todd Goldstein
Robbie Tarrant
Ben Cunnington

Bolded in Blue are the young blokes that we need to build the team around - They're the future, all having proven at AFL level.
Bolded in Purple are three senior players across every line except Forward (Ruck, Defense, Midfield). Without these three, our kids will be thrown to the wolves.

That leaves quite a comprehensive list of players that we can trade &/or delist. Obviously it's not going to be the case with all (we might turnover 5-8 max), however it does give us some trade value for acquiring more picks this and next year, as well as moving on some of the deadweight that sits in our 26-30 age bracket.

My list of untouchables:

Jy Simpkin
LDU
Tarryn Thomas
Kyron Hayden
Curtis Taylor
Nick Larkey
Bailey Scott
Cameron Zurhaar

Ben Mckay
Todd Goldstein
Robbie Tarrant
Ben Cunnington

Bolded in Blue are the young blokes that we need to build the team around - They're the future, all having proven at AFL level.
Bolded in Purple are three senior players across every line except Forward (Ruck, Defense, Midfield). Without these three, our kids will be thrown to the wolves.

That leaves quite a comprehensive list of players that we can trade &/or delist. Obviously it's not going to be the case with all (we might turnover 5-8 max), however it does give us some trade value for acquiring more picks this and next year, as well as moving on some of the deadweight that sits in our 26-30 age bracket.

Not necessarily disagreeing but what's your thinking behind Hayden being an untouchable?

I'll assume Perez, Mahoney and Comben are excluded from discussion due to 1st year status.

Hard to argue with that grouping.

You could mount a case for Higgins also.

The interesting decision if you went full slash and burn would be who is priority out of Brown and Daw. Brown more dependable year on year and younger but more valuable at the trade table. Not saying I want to trade him (which I don't).

The list rebuild should have happened after 2016 but better late than never.
The penny has finally dropped.I don't share others concerns about attracting big names. If you build it they will come. We weren't ignored because we were a small club, we were ignored because others didn't see the success in our list. Look at Melbourne, May and Lever couldn't get their quick enough on the back of one good year. When our bunch of talented young players start maturing, we'll need a stick to keep em away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back