lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Quick update and then to leave this thread you run its true course through until Dec 2020...

Looks like I've cleared of the drug resistant bugs from Timor, so routine abx therapy had things under control.

I'm home recuperating, trying to decide who to hate least in the RWC final.

Thanks for the messages of support (again)!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Excellent!

So when we're not involved, the clubs pursuing the star player are just a faceless group of "Victorian clubs".

Robbo couldn't bring himself to write "Jeremy Cameron has laughed in Essendon's face and they totally stuffed up not trading Joe Daniher while they could have got value for him, and this time next year will be left no actual tall forwards, s**t, they even delisted Mitch Brown"

They might keep Cameron but as usual they will lose someone

One of their other free agents Whitfield, Corr or Williams

Or out of contract lads Caldwell,O’Halloran, Hately, Finlayson etc
OK great. Can we leave you in charge of sorting all that out? No need to keep us updated along the way, just let us know when it's all done.

Kthxbi

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thoughts on picking up the Crouch brothers for our 2 x 1st round picks in 2020?

*Provided it was for reasonable priced contracts.

I think it would give us the same problem Adelaide have had for the past 2 years, having a one paced midfield with not much outside run. Crouch x2, Ziebell, Cunnington, Anderson isn’t a good mix and apart from Ziebell none can really play anywhere else. LDU, Ahern, Dumont, Hayden, Jacobs, Tyson don’t really help the situation either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
I think it would give us the same problem Adelaide have had for the past 2 years, having a one paced midfield with not much outside run. Crouch x2, Ziebell, Cunnington, Anderson isn’t a good mix and apart from Ziebell none can really play anywhere else. LDU, Ahern, Dumont, Hayden, Jacobs, Tyson don’t really help the situation either.

2x Crouch brothers or one Josh Kelly?

Aim high
Kelly AND Whitfield
What’s stopping us?
We have the trade currency / picks and we have the cash
I’m sure the warchest is still stashed away for a rainy day
And that day is coming quickly
Be audacious North

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aim high
Kelly AND Whitfield
What’s stopping us?
We have the trade currency / picks and we have the cash
I’m sure the warchest is still stashed away for a rainy day
And that day is coming quickly
Be audacious North

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Short of a season ending injury I can’t see any way Josh Kelly won’t trigger the clauses for a contract extension. It would be interesting to know if his situation is like Papley’s, who seemed to be contracted when push came to shove.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2x Crouch brothers or one Josh Kelly?

I think we would have the money and currency to get both Brad Crouch (FA) and Kelly.
If Brad Crouch can stay on the field all year I would be tempted to take him as a FA, but not bring Matt as well. Brad has a more rounded game than Matt, but it would still add to our lack of speed through the middle. If we were to bring him in we would have to make some tough list decisions to accommodate him in my opinion.
I would happily give up our 2 firsts next year for Kelly, but if we ended up with 2 top 10 picks I would be just as happy to take them to the draft.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah doubt Anderson gets a look in if we recruit another 2 good starting mids.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Doesn’t Josh have the choice to “trigger” the extension or not. Isn’t that the reason his contract was considered innovative?

That’s correct. A ‘player’ option for a further x amount of years.

This circus will continue. Our two first rounders next years make it even more realistic if there is no trigger.

Screenshot_20191118-214605_Herald Sun.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back