List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no indication either kelly or whitfield will be gettable because GWS has afl backing to keep their foundation superstars. Collingwood on the other hand is vulnerable and will have to make a decisions on the big 3. Grundy and Moore are key position structural player that are very difficult to replace. De Goey as good as he is does not have the same value. He is not as a consistent match winner like Martin. We can swoop in with a 5 x 1.5 offer and it's a done deal. At a new club, he is no longer a luxury player but a hired top gun, he has to perform to justify his price tag. Humans are funny creature, quite often greatness is achieved when you are forced to do something and not being too comfortable.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no indication either kelly or whitfield will be gettable because GWS has afl backing to keep their foundation superstars. Collingwood on the other hand is vulnerable and will have to make a decisions on the big 3. Grundy and Moore are key position structural player that are very difficult to replace. De Goey as good as he is does not have the same value. He is not as a consistent match winner like Martin. We can swoop in with a 5 x 1.5 offer and it's a done deal. At a new club, he is no longer a luxury player but a hired top gun, he has to perform to justify his price tag. Humans are funny creature, quite often greatness is achieved when you are forced to do something and not being too comfortable.
Hope that last part translates to Mase

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope that last part translates to Mase

Things will happen, Mason is an out and out superstar as long as that's the only option for him to be. We chinese have a saying, 'smash the cauldron and sink the ship', take away any alternative to achieving victory, then you will have victory. For mason becoming the superstar is the only path forward or abyss awaits him. Humans naturally gear towards the easier path, there very few people who have iron will like buckley who strives for superstardom right from day 1. Mason needs to be push, take away all those hocus pocus mental health fads, he needs to either fulfill his destiny or be destroyed.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t forget Turner and a few others

Turner is who he is, he will go up a few notches with the whole general skills of the team takes it to the next level. Turner would flourish at richmond, we need a much more whole team improvement. People like Atley, Turner, McDonald are still young enough for at least 5 years, them taking the next step will depend the rest of the team maturing.

I sense that we have almost the whole team needed for a flag, some events will fall our way in 2020 like melbourne finish really low for us to net a top 3 pick, then we nab a superstar free agent like de goey who matures and delivers at roos and because of this, all the other puzzle pieces clicks together like the bookends performs to norm with a 65 goal BBB with Larkey perform to expectation and tarrant holding down as the general's position at CHB. Walker assuming a stopping role at full back then the key defensive stocks are fixed for the next 3 years. By the lady's luck jacobs and daw gets back to full fitness, then we get 2 joker type cards up oursleeve that other clubs don't have.

The midfield is gathering with a cluster of top young players, i even remember a heraldsun article saying we have the best young players list and i might even agree because Thomas, LDU with their natural progression will take them to be superstars, Zurhaar is the special one that could be our dustin martin (he's got the attribute and attitude), people like ahern, simpkin are very good support cast if not higher. Then in 2020 players like Bailey Scott, Crocker, kyron, xerri, other walker gets some more chances. Aidan Bonar could be an most inspiring get as his second and putting him in the right position will take the superstar qualities out of him. At the worst, he is another Ahern get which is just fine by me.

All of this i have not mentioned the continued excellent of Cunnington as he is like greg williams that he got at least another 5 to 7 years at the top due to his physical strength and handball centric game style. We have not mentioned ziebell's continued influence on the team and his role as a powerhouse medium sized forward in the mould of mitch hahn. We haven't mentioned Dumont and Polec's role as this ultra consistent link up type player.

So all-in-all, we are only a couple pieces away from clicking. Now this clicking does not automatically mean we will win a flag but simply mean on any given, we could win the GF.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I wouldn’t be banking on those points, Melbourne will be closer to the 8 than towards the bottom. I reckon their pick will end up between 8-12. Which will be similar to where we’ll end up.

If anything happened to max Gawn - they’d be on the mix for bottom 4.
No team relies on one player more.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When people say “we are armed with picks in 2020” or “flush with picks”, that fact is we have one extra pick. One.

Or we have two years worth of first rd picks in one year, depends on which way you want to view it:)

And we apparently rate the 2020 draft higher than the 2019. Although with the way we picked swapped this year, I've no doubt we'd be open to that again.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When people say “we are armed with picks in 2020” or “flush with picks”, that fact is we have one extra pick. One.
Dude you are right plus we don't know where those picks will end up so we can't get ahead of ourselves.

The only way to get ourselves truly 'flush with picks' -ie 5 in the top 30 - is to do trade well which Geelong have done.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Melbourne’s list is so overrated by many and I felt this way well before the trade got done.

They have about a dozen players who have stagnated in their development and just can’t take their game to the next level. Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Weideman, Hunt, Salem, etc promised so much, but are miles off what they hoped to deliver. They’re still relatively young, but I don’t see them becoming A graders.

Their forward line would be close to the worst in the comp. Apart from McDonald I don’t really see where their goals are coming from. McDonald was horrible last year and their hope for him is based off a solid form patch in 2018. The loss of Hogan has completely thrown their forward line out of whack structurally and forcing McDonald to take the best defender. They have a few handy smaller types that will contribute, but looks an area for concern for them.

May and Lever should be a handy duo down back, but the loss of Frost will hurt more than they think. He was the best stopper in the side by a fair margin in my opinion.

Jackson and Pickett will have pretty much no impact if any next year, they have lost Lewis and Garlett as depth and Jones is on the decline.

Oliver and Gawn are stars, but if one was to miss a large chunk it would be a disaster for them.

If they get hit by injuries again they will be bottom 4, if not they will be 10th-14th in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
We have two first rounders. Package them for the first pick and then hold every subsequent club accountable by bidding on the best talent regardless of affiliation.
It prevents them picking up the non academy players and their player

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We have two first rounders. Package them for the first pick and then hold every subsequent club accountable by bidding on the best talent regardless of affiliation.
It prevents them picking up the non academy players and their player

I hope Melbourne finishes last and we bid on every single 1st round seeded academy player, starting with the AFL swans.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Melbourne’s list is so overrated by many and I felt this way well before the trade got done.

They have about a dozen players who have stagnated in their development and just can’t take their game to the next level. Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Weideman, Hunt, Salem, etc promised so much, but are miles off what they hoped to deliver. They’re still relatively young, but I don’t see them becoming A graders.

Their forward line would be close to the worst in the comp. Apart from McDonald I don’t really see where their goals are coming from. McDonald was horrible last year and their hope for him is based off a solid form patch in 2018. The loss of Hogan has completely thrown their forward line out of whack structurally and forcing McDonald to take the best defender. They have a few handy smaller types that will contribute, but looks an area for concern for them.

May and Lever should be a handy duo down back, but the loss of Frost will hurt more than they think. He was the best stopper in the side by a fair margin in my opinion.

Jackson and Pickett will have pretty much no impact if any next year, they have lost Lewis and Garlett as depth and Jones is on the decline.

Oliver and Gawn are stars, but if one was to miss a large chunk it would be a disaster for them.

If they get hit by injuries again they will be bottom 4, if not they will be 10th-14th in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would be happy with a pick 8 from melbourne. In fact i am quite confident that melbourne will be finishing where we finished this year. Their trade is reminiscent of brad scott bringing in half a dozen in 2018 and that actually made things a lot worse as he only looked at what we lack and not the fact that a bunch of new players will take time to be assimilated into the system. Melbourne will continue to have a torrid time in 2020, which is just fine for us as we will be progressing forward with a new coach with the right attitude and the right players.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah not keen on paying JDG 1.5 mill per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back