List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to pace there’s some quick blokes OOC at years end that could be money ball choices to fill a need cheap

petrucelle - on present evidence rubbish footballer
Issac smith (FA) - in decline and never elite - he decent role player in what was a very good team
Jayden hunt - rubbish footballer... think poor man's Atley
Zac Williams (FA) - chronic tendonitus - no thanks
Rory Atkins (FA) - journeyman at best
Narkle - shown nothing as a footballer
Fritsch - see Narkle
Jordy Gallucci - see Narkle

Thank * you have nothing to do with our recruitment.

Why the * would we want any of those players - see my comments above on each.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
In regards to pace there’s some quick blokes OOC at years end that could be money ball choices to fill a need cheap

petrucelle
Issac smith (FA)
Jayden hunt
Zac Williams (FA)
Rory Atkins (FA)
Narkle
Fritsch
Jordy Gallucci
The only one worth going for.

Fit and healthy hell yes but he's got tendonitus which sounds some serious alarm bells.
Please do list some out of contract players you would target

or gettable contracted players

or are you expecting a premiership and our list is perfect without looking to target anyone?

I’m glad you have no say in anything otherwise it would be a continual treading of water. Good stuff blackshadow you nuff nuff

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

petrucelle
Issac smith (FA)
Jayden hunt
Zac Williams (FA)
Rory Atkins (FA)
Narkle
Fritsch
Jordy Gallucci

petrucelle - No. Has speed but can’t consistently find the footy.
Issac smith (FA) - too old.
Jayden hunt - No. dud.
Zac Williams (FA) - 100% yes.
Rory Atkins (FA) - No. soft.
Narkle - Meh, isn’t going to drastically improve us.
Fritsch - No. don’t need anymore half forwards.
Jordy Gallucci - No. soft.

NO MORE role players, we need genuine talent for their respective positions or young guns who could develop into genuine guns.

Caldwell, Hately, some of the Lion cubs is who (if any) we should be targeting.

What we really need to do however is get into the top end of the draft. We really should’ve attacked last years draft better as it wasn’t compromised.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gotta love the big footy nuffy

we shouldn’t waste time chasing a graders

but we also shouldn’t chase moneyball types

ok let’s just not target anyone

Feel free to list some players we should target then
kudos to you tZb for putting your head above the parapet.
Personally I don't watch enough of other teams games to give a worthwhile opinion on who we should target so will leave that for more informed types. I am a nuffy in other words.
I think the clubs recent approach to targeting free agents has actually been pretty decent. Higgins aside We haven't landed a genuine A grader but have got very close on several occasions. We have landed some capable B graders (eg. Pittard, Dal Santo, Williams, Polec, Waite). A lot of busts too but you get that with draft picks as well. If we landed one of the triumvirate you discussed that would be a major coup.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only one worth going for.
personally really like Fritsch, good natural footballer. Is he one we should target given we have some handy young fwd types? Probably not but he would be a good pick up nonetheless.

Williams also would be worth a good look, lets see what he commands on the open market. What price do we pay for him?

Of the rest would have a look at Petrucelle or Narkle for a late pick perhaps. Id be keen to see if we could get Venables home, has some tricks just been knocked about in his 1st couple years. Jayden Hunt, hard no

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
petrucelle - No. Has speed but can’t consistently find the footy.
Issac smith (FA) - too old.
Jayden hunt - No. dud.
Zac Williams (FA) - 100% yes.
Rory Atkins (FA) - No. soft.
Narkle - Meh, isn’t going to drastically improve us.
Fritsch - No. don’t need anymore half forwards.
Jordy Gallucci - No. soft.

NO MORE role players, we need genuine talent for their respective positions or young guns who could develop into genuine guns.

Caldwell, Hately, some of the Lion cubs is who (if any) we should be targeting.

What we really need to do however is get into the top end of the draft. We really should’ve attacked last years draft better as it wasn’t compromised.

really should look at trying to get into the first round merry go round that’ll happen this year.
clubs with top 5 prospects will be looking to off load their first rounders.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
really should look at trying to get into the first round merry go round that’ll happen this year.
clubs with top 5 prospects will be looking to off load their first rounders.

I’m not sure it’s the best draft to be doing that. With so many young guns already linked to clubs it’s going to be slimmer pickings than usual. It’s why I was surprised we offloaded last years first round pick. Caleb Serong or sam
Flanders would have been pretty handy this year.

I’m going to be very interested how we attack the 2020 draft!

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Again feel free to list some players
I'll have a crack at who I would look at from every AFL team tZ who are out of contract. Some teams I left out because I didn't rate what was available.
Adelaide
Himmelburg
B. Crouch
Collingwood
Daicos
Brown
De Goey
Essendon
McGrath
Freo
Definitely look at Cerra but I believe he is still in contract (this is for players out of contract for 2020 only)
Geelong
Parfitt
Cockatoo (hope we can get him right with injuries)
Narkle
GC
Fiorini
GWS
Perryman
Cumming
Hately
Cameron
Finlayson
Caldwell
Langdon
Williams
Melbourne
Fritsch
Lockhart
Port
Drew
St.Kilda
Lonie
Sydney
Ronke
WCE
Venables (depending on medical check- don't want another Jacobs)
Ryan
Dogs
B.Smith - He would be my number one target

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
personally really like Fritsch, good natural footballer. Is he one we should target given we have some handy young fwd types? Probably not but he would be a good pick up nonetheless.

Williams also would be worth a good look, lets see what he commands on the open market. What price do we pay for him?

Of the rest would have a look at Petrucelle or Narkle for a late pick perhaps. Id be keen to see if we could get Venables home, has some tricks just been knocked about in his 1st couple years. Jayden Hunt, hard no
Isn't Venables out for the year with lingering concussion symptoms?
Petrucelle looks ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back