List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we the headline on this tweet:
Can someone with access post?

It is the left-field move which could shake up this year’s free agency market.
As Adelaide weighs up what to do with best and fairest winner Brad Crouch, it still remains unclear which clubs are most keen on the gun ballwinner.

At no stage has North Melbourne had any interest in signing Crouch.

St Kilda got the wallet out to electro-charge its engine room with great success last year.

But is it Geelong who has to be watched most closely in this space?

Top-100-paid-AFL-players-650x100-black.jpg
026821f5e61721140bacdfc13b17a9dc

Crouch, 26, could slot straight into the Geelong engine room for next season alongside former teammate Paddy Dangerfield as the Cats plan for life after 32-year-old premiership warrior Joel Selwood.

The Cats lost Tim Kelly from their onball division last year and have stashed away three first-round draft picks to add some more exciting young talent in this year’s draft.

But Crouch would offer the instant midfield hit which would help keep the Cats’ premiership window open beyond 2020.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Could the Cats pounce on Brad Crouch? Picture: Getty Images
Could the Cats pounce on Brad Crouch? Picture: Getty Images
Crouch enjoyed a career-best season last year, averaging 30 disposals a game. He led the Crows for inside 50s and was second for tackles and clearances.

He played all 22 games last year off the back of a serious groin injury and polled 14 Brownlow Medal votes, and was best on ground twice – against Melbourne (Round 11) and reigning premier Richmond (Round 13).

And as a free agent, the Cats could land him without giving up anything for him in a trade.

Clubs across the competition are still getting a handle on how highly they rate Ballarat product Crouch as part of an Adelaide midfield which has been soundly beaten this year.

The midfielder has averaged 20 possessions a game so far this season but injured his hamstring in the loss to Essendon last weekend, sidelining him for about the next three weeks.

Like Hawthorn, the Cats want to stay competitive rather than launch into full-on rebuild mode, and last year added Jack Steven who has been rested for Saturday’s clash against West Coast.

Crouch’s departure would deliver Adelaide a juicy reward, with the gun midfielder recently admitting a move might be the best outcome for the club.

Adelaide could get pick No. 2 as free agency compensation for Crouch if he lands a long-term deal worth more than $650,000 a season at a new club.

Brayshaw is a shocking player.

2020 is bad enough already, we don’t need to be adding to it by bringing in players like him.

But he’s brother would be nice.
Two way runner and gets a heap of it.

its how you win flags, when everyone commits.. when everyone steps up to play their role. Elis would’ve been a solid pick up last year like Castagna this year.
He might even show some of the boys how to put in that extra 10% effort at training.

Yeah but we haven’t got the team or class yet for a guy like him.

Our fourth best mid is Polec. Would we let him go for a 2nd rounder?
DunderHead said they wouldn't trade him for a first rounder. He's an inside mid, which they are well stocked for. Doesn't really compare with Polec here. We need him because we are starved for outside runners.

If Cats want Crouch this year.

We could have given them Higgo last year.

We now have a 30 year old contracted for next year...

And we are at the start of a rebuild.

An extra second rounder from the Cats would have been handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would we have picked up with our 2nd round pick for him.After the first round no one has really stood out to me anyway.

And our midfield would have been Simpkin and...Anderson?

I'm sure getting flogged by 100 points every game would be great for the kids' development.

Dunno, I personally wouldn't trade anyone that Sydney wanted, especially if they're a back. He's a bloody good footballer and fit walks into our side.
I hope we go again with him.
They picked up Ryan Clarke and were balls deep into Mason Wood so they’ve got a bit of rosey glasses with north.
I really like EVW, I think he can be a player, but boy he’d want to get out on the park soon.
Another option maybe even throw some $$ at Aliir, they’ve got some good players currently out of their firsts.

They picked up Ryan Clarke and were balls deep into Mason Wood so they’ve got a bit of rosey glasses with north.
I really like EVW, I think he can be a player, but boy he’d want to get out on the park soon.
Another option maybe even throw some $$ at Aliir, they’ve got some good players currently out of their firsts.

Said throw money at Alir last year. Bloke can play👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back