Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
They picked up Ryan Clarke and were balls deep into Mason Wood so they’ve got a bit of rosey glasses with north.
I really like EVW, I think he can be a player, but boy he’d want to get out on the park soon.
Another option maybe even throw some $$ at Aliir, they’ve got some good players currently out of their firsts.

The Mason thing was bs I think but have heard the EVW thing before.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Mason thing was bs I think but have heard the EVW thing before.
I thought Mason Wood is one of the untouchables in sport,
I could imagine Sydney asked the question, Norths trading price would’ve been ridiculously high for someone who’d played 30 odd games at that point.
I’m sure Masons manager got the heads up and asked why his client would go to Sydney for half of what his on now..
complete untouchable.

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Only the e-flogs on the interwebs who expect 22 all stars and fail to recognise their successful programme is reliant on stars surrounded by coachable committed role players.

Agree to disagree. Don’t want him. Not sure if you just called me a flog too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Only the e-flogs on the interwebs who expect 22 all stars and fail to recognise their successful programme is reliant on stars surrounded by coachable committed role players.
Their system and side is actually what it was like watching us in the 90’s I reckon. You were always pretty confident our players would generally choose the right option with the ball. They also have a bloke who IMO could possibly end up in the top couple/few players of all time. Like the duck, when dusty goes near the ball, you are 90% confident he will win possession. It means his teammates can take the chance he will win the ball and set them up. They are good to watch when on.
He‘s ridic. Don’t think I’ve seen a bloke put that amount of torque on the ball ever.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And our midfield would have been Simpkin and...Anderson?

I'm sure getting flogged by 100 points every game would be great for the kids' development.

Add Ziebell and Cunnington to that midfield.

And Polec and Hall and Dumont and the much improved LMac.

And LDU. And TT having a run in there too.....

But I get were you are coming from, lets not take any chances and just end up 10th again.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Add Ziebell and Cunnington to that midfield.

And Polec and Hall and Dumont and the much improved LMac.

And LDU. And TT having a run in there too.....

But I get were you are coming from, lets not take any chances and just end up 10th again.

Ziebell and Cunnington have barely played a minute, LDU is coming off a serious injury, TT is gone for the season.

I'll give Polec and Dumont. Although the former has now been dropped so not the best time to bring him up.

LMac has been a pleasant surprise.

Trading Higgins for a second rounder though is just plain and simple not worth it. He helps take the heat off Simpkin and helps us not get obliterated every week.

A midfield consisting of Simpkin, Anderson, Polec, LDU, TT, Lmac, Dumont and Hall is getting humiliated every week. Higgins at least gives the opposition something to think about which helps keep some of the attention off of Jy.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also has been talk of bringing witherden back home given his lack of opps at bris this year. Injuries meant back in lineup last night and was very impressive. Accumulated 25 plus disposals and looked very composed and assured back there excellent by foot....

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Straight swap for Matthew Ling.

Funny thing some on here don't want to see the likes of Pittard, Williams and Macmillan in the same side. I agree with that. EVW would definitely replace one of those.
Is see 190cm 86kg Ed as an ideal replacement for Scotty T.

I really hope we keep him.

EVW Tarrant Pittard

Kyron Daw Macmillan.

Perez to replace either Pittard or Jamie in time.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Funny thing some on here don't want to see the likes of Pittard, Williams and Macmillan in the same side. I agree with that. EVW would definitely replace one of those.

EVW Tarrant Pittard

Kyron Daw Macmillan.

Replace JMAc with Higgins for the next two to three years.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

EVW Tarrant Pittard

Kyron Daw Macmillan.

Where has walker gone... besides or alongside taz, has been our best defender this year

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Said throw money at Alir last year. Bloke can play👍
Ziebell and Cunnington have barely played a minute, LDU is coming off a serious injury, TT is gone for the season.

I'll give Polec and Dumont. Although the former has now been dropped so not the best time to bring him up.

LMac has been a pleasant surprise.

Trading Higgins for a second rounder though is just plain and simple not worth it. He helps take the heat off Simpkin and helps us not get oblite week.

A midfield consisting of Simpkin, Anderson, Polec, LDU, TT, Lmac, Dumont and Hall is getting humiliated every week. Higgins at least gives the opposition something to think about which helps keep some of the attention off of Jy.

During last trade period, you didn't know JZ and Ben C would be injured for most of the year.
So to use that as a reason not to trade Higgins is dumb.
Losing 2 key leaders of the club. That play midfield has been rotten luck.
But Port have lost a few players, Wingard, Polec, Dougall Howard etc. Do you think they regret the trades and the players they have brought in ?

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

EVW Tarrant Pittard

Kyron Daw Macmillan.

If VDub could get on the park I think he would fit nicely into the backline depending upon Daw's progress

at this stage for 2021 the backline needs to read more

LMac Taz VDub/Daw
KH BMac Higgo

The day's of the Pittard's, JMac's, Atley's, Marley's being best 22 in the back half will be well and truly over come Round 1 2021.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If VDub could get on the park I think he would fit nicely into the backline depending upon Daw's progress

at this stage for 2021 the backline needs to read more

LMac Taz VDub/Daw
KH BMac Higgo

The day's of the Pittard's, JMac's, Atley's, Marley's being best 22 in the back half will be well and truly over come Round 1 2021.
Much prefer Lmac, as a tagger around the centre.. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back