List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Brady's interview on ABC Grandstand - Via MM

How will Brown's omission impact his contract negotiations?

"It's an interesting discussion. There's clearly been the contract freeze, which has just recently been lifted, so there are a lot of players at our club who are out of contract, so it's a big couple of months for us...

"...so we need to make sure we provide the coaches with a list that's capable of going all the way, and that's what we'll be striving to do over the next few years. "We've got two first-round picks going into this year's draft, which is a pretty good position be in. We've got...

"...to get things right, and we want to win as many games as we can for the rest of this year ... we want to turn that around but we also need to make sure we're tracking forward in the future, and everyone's after a premiership and we're no different...

"...a fair bit of young talent on the list, too, that we need to consider locking away ... we think we've got a fair bit that can come in over the next year or two, with draft picks, and hopefully we can attract a player or two ...(&) retain players we see as part of our future."

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Listening to Shaw and Rawlings, it’s 100-1 and drifting about Brown being at North next year.
Yes this has escalated very quickly - that journo saying he was shopped a few weeks back may have been close to the mark.

Looks like a deal is done and just needs formal inking.

The rumours of 2 (albeit late) firsts from the Lions has the most credibility - both from their side and ours.

4 first rounders is what the doctor ordered for us - it will be say 4, 6, 14, 16......which will enable us to - at last - really hit the draft hard with 3 mids and a kpd.

I'd like to know a bit more about Polec though...what is the true story there I wonder.

Last edited:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The few players that went to st kilda we missed out really hurt now esp Zac Jones, i distinctive remember the discussion on this board in regards to Zac Jones was something along the line of 'atley who shaved his head bald.....'

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
Yes this has escalated very quickly - that journo saying he was shopped a few weeks back may have been close to the mark.

The rumours of 2 (albeit late) firsts from the Lions has the most credibility - both from their side and ours.

4 first rounders is what the doctor ordered for us - it will be say 4, 6, 14, 16......which will enable us to - at last - really hit the draft hard with 3 mids and a kpd.

I'd like to know a bit more about Polec though...what is the true story there I wonder.
But with academies and father sons, a first round pick say 10th would be 20th?

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Why not go all out and trade Goldy as well. GWS would think if they could get Goldy working with their midfield they would have a genuine crack at a flag in the next two years. Sauce is not up to it and Mumford is shot.

Goldy to GWS for Jake Kelly and a first-round pick. We take the full salary hit for Kelly and pay half of Goldy's in the first year. helps them to keep their list together for the flag tilt. Would give us 5 first-rounders.

I love Goldy but if we are going all out rebuild then we have to be aggressive.

BBB would kick 70 goals with the Lions. Hipwood is just not up to it so I can see why they would ask the question.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If lions are involved wouldn't we have pushed lions harder on CCameron? Surely if we chose to trade brown one of our first rders would have to go to McDonald? Or a similar kpf... I'd be happy to bring in a miochek type while the kids coomden and Mac are developing...

As for Polec I'm sure it's just a pt he wanted to get across and perfect timing in that he would prob struggle two games in a week and don't need him against cellar dwellers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why not go all out and trade Goldy as well. GWS would think if they could get Goldy working with their midfield they would have a genuine crack at a flag in the next two years. Sauce is not up to it and Mumford is shot.

Goldy to GWS for Jake Kelly and a first-round pick. We take the full salary hit for Kelly and pay half of Goldy's in the first year. helps them to keep their list together for the flag tilt. Would give us 5 first-rounders.

BBB would kick 70 goals with the Lions. Hipwood is just not up to it so I can see why they would ask the question.

Jake Kelly plays for the crows so not sure GWS can involve him in a trade with BBB but who knows it's a very strange ssn!

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
If lions are involved wouldn't we have pushed lions harder on CCameron? Surely if we chose to trade brown one of our first rders would have to go to McDonald? Or a similar kpf... I'd be happy to bring in a miochek type while the kids coomden and Mac are developing...

As for Polec I'm sure it's just a pt he wanted to get across and perfect timing in that he would prob struggle two games in a week and don't need him against cellar dwellers

There's nothing to suggest the Charlie Cameron stuff was anything more than media guesswork and manager posturing.

There's nothing to suggest the Charlie Cameron stuff was anything more than media guesswork and manager posturing.
I would suggest that it was exactly media guesswork, as it is 99% of the time.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No need to go that far Steve.

Goldie is our only genuine ruckman, dominating the competition and has a multi year contract.

BBB is completely different - we have other options for the key forward posts, he has just been dropped for on going poor form and is out of contract.

Goldie will form an important part of our push for top 4 in 2022 and 2023.

Yes - BBB could do quite well in Brisbane - he could be the difference for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back