Status
Not open for further replies.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently we are leading the race for Peter Wright. Pretty telling re where Browns future lies, we expecting to have 3x 200cm blokes in the same forward line?

I know he’s a solid forward, but would Wright be able to replace Goldy as a ruckman in the future?

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Corr - Free Agent
Williams - Free Agent
Saad - PSD
Witherden - Trade

Those 4 would make us an instantly better team in regards to skill, run and line breaking ability. They are all in the age bracket where we severely lack leadership and depth too. Going after Witherden and Saad would also give us so much more freedom with McDonald.

Then target 2 x midfielders with our two first round picks. Phillips and whoever is next best available

B: Saad, Mckay, Witherden
HB: Corr, Tarrant, Mcdonald
C: Williams, Cunnington, Polec
HF: Taylor, Larkey, Higgins
F: Thomas, Brown, Zurhaar
Foll: Goldstein, Simpkin, LDU
Int & Depth: Anderson, Dumont, Scott, Ziebell, Perez Pick #2, Pick #9, Walker, Bonar, Atley, Mahoney, Hayden, McMillan

The only thing I see missing from that side is a quality genuine small crumbing forward

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His stats for the 2019 season are not too bad for a 22 year old 203cm forward/ruck playing in a s**t team. Not sure why he didn't play this year though. We could probably grab him cheap as and we will have plenty of cap space. He could be a bust, or he could be pretty decent.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently we are leading the race for Peter Wright. Pretty telling re where Browns future lies, we expecting to have 3x 200cm blokes in the same forward line?

I know he’s a solid forward, but would Wright be able to replace Goldy as a ruckman in the future?
Well at a minimum he would be able to relieve Goldy for 5-8 mins a qtr - something we all know that BBB can't do.

If Maj is on the outer (which I don't agree with) then we need someone to assist Goldie in the ruck.

Goldie is 33 next year and quarters will revert to 30 mins so he cant be expected to ruck the whole game.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His stats for the 2019 season are not too bad for a 22 year old 203cm forward/ruck playing in a sh*t team. Not sure why he didn't play this year though. We could probably grab him cheap as and we will have plenty of cap space. He could be a bust, or he could be pretty decent.

He wouldn't get a game for us. He isn't going to play in front of Brown, and he won't get a game in front of Larkey.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He wouldn't get a game for us. He isn't going to play in front of Brown, and he won't get a game in front of Larkey.
Probably not. His recruitment would give us depth in KPF and ruck though, and allow us to focus on mids with our first two picks at the draft.

If Brown is being moved on however....

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Zero games this year, 17 last year for 12 disposals, 5 marks, 1.2 goals and 6.8 hitouts per game.

Should probably look a bit deeper then that SW... I personally am not overly phased on whether we get Wright or not, but if Brown is gone and we can get him cheap, it's a good move IMO.

- He's 24, so fits the age profile and as a KPF will be hitting his peak over the next 3-5 years
- Is a man mountain, will be able to compete and contest which will suit Rhyce's style
- In 66 games, he's kicked 85 goals. 31 in 2017 as a 21 year old.
- Averages 5 marks a game which for a young KPF is very good.
- Ben King & Sam Day are keeping him out of the side. I don't rate Day that highly but the Suns do, and he's a mature body to help support their young forwards. They can't play Day, King & Wright in the same forward line.

I think he likely ends up at Essendon, however if Brown goes I think it's the right move. If Brown stays, there is no point - 3x 200cm in the same forward line? No chance.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should probably look a bit deeper then that SW... I personally am not overly phased on whether we get Wright or not, but if Brown is gone and we can get him cheap, it's a good move IMO.

- He's 24, so fits the age profile and as a KPF will be hitting his peak over the next 3-5 years
- Is a man mountain, will be able to compete and contest which will suit Rhyce's style
- In 66 games, he's kicked 85 goals. 31 in 2017 as a 21 year old.
- Averages 5 marks a game which for a young KPF is very good.
- Ben King & Sam Day are keeping him out of the side. I don't rate Day that highly but the Suns do, and he's a mature body to help support their young forwards. They can't play Day, King & Wright in the same forward line.

I think he likely ends up at Essendon, however if Brown goes I think it's the right move. If Brown stays, there is no point - 3x 200cm in the same forward line? No chance.
Totally agree.

Plus he is a handy ruck fallback if Xerri doesn't develop to being more than a bruiser.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Too true. The other alternative is that they see him as a genuine ruckman and want to give him a year of development with goldy. He was a very handy tap ruckman as a junior

He played some freakish games as a 19 and 20yo but has clearly struggled for consistency. It does worry me he can't get a game in that Suns setup though. I would have thought he would be a perfect foil for King and the smaller forwards while giving Witts a chop out in the ruck

FiftyFive50

Senior List
Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would rather target this bloke.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915_092250_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915_092250_com.android.chrome.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 177
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill