List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
One can only think that is because these same players think they are the two closest to a premiership, probably thinking Richmond and Geelong's window is about to close.
yes you think Tigers be in trouble 1-2 years as well as cats
Look at Hawks now going to rebuild. Pies really should rebuild although they cannot bottom out or Buckley goes.

Saints or Blues on the way up. Blues where we where in 2018 lots of almost games.

My *unrealistic* dream trade target would be Rowan Marshall. Big body who can do damage in the ruck & around then ground and then go forward and kick a couple of goals. In my opinion he’s shown he’s going to be a star.

Would cost the kitchen sink & some unfortunately. I think that kind of player is almost our biggest need.

Ely Smith and Dev Robertson are rated behind closed doors friend. We certainly could use with more midfield talent in the ranks, but I don't think we'll struggle to bring in some names this year. Also worth noting we see Ah Chee as someone who could move into the midfield, and Starcevich will end up a mid unless he becomes a full time defender similar to how Adcocks career ended up.

I wonder if either of Ely or Deven could play Starce's role if it becomes available next year.

I am really hoping Starce gets moved to midfield in 2021 next to Neale/Lyons/Berry/Clugga.

News on the AFL site is that Essendon are pushing Daniher to make a decision. He was the topic of the first post on this thread.

Do you think the club is interested?

What are posters opinions? Should we go after him?

I don't want another Adams. We've been lucky SO FAR that McCarthy and Birchall have been injury free but one must have doubts that they will continue to be available.

Sam McClure has briefly named us as the most likely destination for Daniher on radio just now.

To memory he might have been the first with the Lachie Neale news too, so there could be some credibility in that.

I wonder if either of Ely or Deven could play Starce's role if it becomes available next year.

I am really hoping Starce gets moved to midfield in 2021 next to Neale/Lyons/Berry/Clugga.

I don't think so. I'd say both are much more suited as inside mids or HFF than playing as defenders. I'm no expert mind you, but would think it would not play to either players strengths whereas Starc has burst speed and can mark + spoil really well.

News on the AFL site is that Essendon are pushing Daniher to make a decision. He was the topic of the first post on this thread.

Do you think the club is interested?

What are posters opinions? Should we go after him?

I don't want another Adams. We've been lucky SO FAR that McCarthy and Birchall have been injury free but one must have doubts that they will continue to be available.

Why wouldn't McCarthy continue to be available? He's missed one game since debuting and that was due to a corky and four day turnaround. That's two years or good fitness. Birchall doesn't need to continue to be available after this season. Assuming he plays on in 2021, he will be doing a lot of work with out reserves (unless his form improves which given age you wouldn't think so).

McCarthy has played more in two years than he played in seven at the Cats.

Birchall has played more this year than he played in the last three at the Hawks.

Adams has played about the same amount he played at the Dogs. (11 over two years versus 16 over two years).

If we have a chance to pay maybe 25% for a player of Cockatoo's quality, for example, and have a 66% of turning him around I'm on board with that.

My main concern with Daniher is if we're overpaying, but there's also every chance other teams have been scared away so we're not really bidding against others. It doesn't sound like there's a massive line-up.

Birchall has played more this year than he played in the last three at the Hawks.

Adams has played about the same amount he played at the Dogs. (11 over two years versus 16 over two years).

If we have a chance to pay maybe 25% for a player of Cockatoo's quality, for example, and have a 66% of turning him around I'm on board with that.

My main concern with Daniher is if we're overpaying, but there's also every chance other teams have been scared away so we're not really bidding against others. It doesn't sound like there's a massive line-up.

Ah Chee has been a success story so far as well although not to the same extent as injury riddled as those 3 were

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo on AFL360 said that Zac Williams wants to stay at GWS, is very popular at the club, but the difference in money being offered between GWS and Carlton over 5 years is a $1M and is the sole reason he'll be joining Carlton.

An prominent ex Lions list manager who's been involved in Queensland footy of recent years told me that playing in Queensland could add 2 to 3 years to your career.

Training and playing in the warmth . And a lot easier to manage soft tissue injuries.

I wouldn't have much idea but he was convinced , had the stats and medicos to back it up.

yes you think Tigers be in trouble 1-2 years as well as cats
Look at Hawks now going to rebuild. Pies really should rebuild although they cannot bottom out or Buckley goes.

Saints or Blues on the way up. Blues where we where in 2018 lots of almost games.
Pies have benefited from, and will continue to, getting talented nga’s and father son kids in to help them rebuild without going right down.

We don't need to be linked to any big names publically in order to be linked to big names ;)
any contracted players that could be coming to the Lions during 2020 trade period? Or all just smoke and mirrors? uncontracted players there isn't any big name players that we havnt been linked too in some form or another.

any contracted players that could be coming to the Lions during 2020 trade period? Or all just smoke and mirrors? uncontracted players there isn't any big name players that we havnt been linked too in some form or another.

The club's keeping things very close to it's chest as usual. Will be very much a wait and see but I am sure we've got our eyes and cash ready for players as we have the last few years. No Beams contract to pay has been quite helpful.

Sam McClure has briefly named us as the most likely destination for Daniher on radio just now.

To memory he might have been the first with the Lachie Neale news too, so there could be some credibility in that.
hope so. he's the missing piece of the puzzle IMO. We have Hipwood and McStay as our premier key forwards. Neither are A graders but I feel if we can bring in an A grader like Daniher ( assuming he gets somewhat back to his best) it might elevate hippy and mcstud up another level and will transform our forward line into arguable the most dynamic and almost unstoppable. We will win 3 cups in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back