List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
I actually think Ah Chee's got a lot of potential . The polish to his game will come once they think he's been taught defensive skills for long enough and he gets more of the ball.

Answerth I'm just not sure about but he's still very young and hasn't had enough footy . One thing I do like is that he has long arms and can match up on taller opponents ,especially as he gets stronger.

I love what I've seen of Ely Smith but it hasn't been enough to form any judgement ,especially against the lower competition, but he looks the type of player that would step up in a higher tempo game. It's a shame some of these guys aren't getting much competitive action this year.
Ah Chee had his best game last weekend I thought he was one of our better players did all the hard stuff and didn’t make many mistakes. I am hopeful he can become a solid player in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Charlie's bro so we can have one mid field and the other full forward.
I am not convinced we actually need any help to keep Charlie, but his bro would be a good get to help in that regard.
he has spent a little bit of time here recently and might enjoy the lifestyle Qld has to offer, and the beautiful weather.

We are still young and attracting talent like Neale, plus whoever we are targeting this year as I'm sure there's a big or at least big enough fish. I think we'll continue to attract elite talent for at least a few more years and it should just be a positive feedback loop longer term. As a team and as a recruiter we can't afford to gamble for possible short term benefit.

If we lose a role player we need to be able to cover it as a team and are lucky to not have some of the d heads that many teams have

We are still young and attracting talent like Neale, plus whoever we are targeting this year as I'm sure there's a big or at least big enough fish. I think we'll continue to attract elite talent for at least a few more years and it should just be a positive feedback loop longer term. As a team and as a recruiter we can't afford to gamble for possible short term benefit.

If we lose a role player we need to be able to cover it as a team and are lucky to not have some of the d heads that many teams have

Wait until a few of the Melbourne lads spend an extended winter period up here and there might be some subtle hints dropped here and there. Here's how it goes-"you look like you enjoy the surfing here. Could be for you all the year round you know. I know a few people on the Lions Board as a matter of fact. Always on the look out for talent, especially someone with your KP skills. Obviously this isn't in any way an official approach [that'd be illegal] but if you're interested I could make a few calls. Don't know what coin you're on at [****] but how would $*** sound, purely for arguments sake. Here's my card. Membership of the Surf Club comes as part of the deal of course."

Gee thanks Eddie.

Not that this scenario would ever eventuate. Would it JB?

BTW, back in the day having spent the odd night in driving freezing rain training in Hobart Noosa sounds pretty good

Wait until a few of the Melbourne lads spend an extended winter period up here and there might be some subtle hints dropped here and there. Here's how it goes-"you look like you enjoy the surfing here. Could be for you all the year round you know. I know a few people on the Lions Board as a matter of fact. Always on the look out for talent, especially someone with your KP skills. Obviously this isn't in any way an official approach [that'd be illegal] but if you're interested I could make a few calls. Don't know what coin you're on at [****] but how would $*** sound, purely for arguments sake. Here's my card. Membership of the Surf Club comes as part of the deal of course."

Gee thanks Eddie.

Not that this scenario would ever eventuate. Would it JB?

BTW, back in the day having spent the odd night in driving freezing rain training in Hobart Noosa sounds pretty good
Can I pick the surf club?

At the Pies v Cats game - felt it for a while now, but Mihocek is a serious footballer. I’d take him in a heartbeat.

At the Pies v Cats game - felt it for a while now, but Mihocek is a serious footballer. I’d take him in a heartbeat.
:huh:
You maybe at the game but not sure you're watching Mihoceck. He has hardly been near the ball in the first half.

:huh:
You maybe at the game but not sure you're watching Mihoceck. He has hardly been near the ball in the first half.
Did a heap of things off the ball and when he had the ball made really good decisions

I think Toby McLean from the Bulldogs will likely be a good pickup for another team at the end of this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back