List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:

And a bit hard for him to play ‘another game’ when he hasn’t even played his first?

I meant both of them lumped together may not play another game. I know how many Cox has played and I am worried he may not get another chance. Coleman looks the goods but its so hard to get a game at the moment. Players with the smaller lists will look for greener pastures and Coleman would be a potential great loss.

The point is I suppose we are reasonably well stocked with small forwards but I think quality players are what we want. Sexton is a far better player than Green but he isn't any where like a list changer that Charlie, Lyons and Neale have been.

Would we consider our third round pick for Sexton? Would be about selection 45?

Sexton is a ******* gun. Those who think he's not are stupid. Would love him in the Lions gear. Would push Linc out too who is a c grader at best.

A forward line consisting of Cameron, Sexton, Rayner, Ah Chee, Hipwood and McStay is a whole lot of mobile fire power.

Not unthinkable that we would target a Sexton type either - the fact we went after Elliot last year makes me think they're still keen to find another strong small/medium forward. Maybe Ah Chee ends up that player almost accidentally, but it is an interesting indication that we might see that role as something of a priority.

We wanted Ah Chee to play back because we felt his run out of defence would give us something we were lacking. They always knew he could play forward if need be. So we targeted Elliot when the plan wasn't to have Ah Chee there .

You can get a bit carried away with targeting particular needs . Injury often throws up issues. For me the key is to get the best available players. If they're good enough we can fit them in somewhere.

No point getting a 'need' unless they're good . No real opinion on Sexton.

Lyons was more of a would look good in a good team and it sounds like Sexton is made to look good when there are no other options.

If he is struggling because he's not the main target then that won't be changing at the Lions and at 26 there isn't much scope for improvement.

Seems more like a Josh Green to Essendon type move.

Wow that’s harsh. Green couldn’t tie Sexton’s shoe laces.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are talking about Ben Brown being worth a later first rounder. I would have thought a late second given his recent form, being dropped by the bad news roos.

Don't agree at all and find the value being thrown around (late first early second on AFL com) a bit surprising. Ben Brown has been in the top few for the Coleman for a number of years and at 28 should be (having a bit of a down period) in the prime if his career. People would give almost anything for J Cameron, Tom Lynch, a younger Kennedy or Hawkins. Yet Browns output is pretty similar and as he is a but unfashionable and has hit a but if a tough patch he is now being talked about as a second rounder? Wow.

Having said that there is always the possibility he has lost his mojo like say Cloke from a few years back.

Yes imagine that. Although he is a free agent isn't he? In that case Dodo would probs match just so he can play the trade game. "Every first round pick for the next fifteen years and Neale or he stays!"

He would match it just to be a campaigner. I'd rather not deal with Essendon

Wow that’s harsh. Green couldn’t tie Sexton’s shoe laces.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At peak form Green kicked 24, 33 and 25 goals over 3 years at about 1.5 goals per game

Sexton has 12, 28 and 39 at 1.3 goals per game. Even taking out the 12 goal season it's only 1.5 goals a game

Neither really did much else apart from kicking goals and a bit of forward pressure.

Prospect of having to deal with Dodoro and Essendon fans doesn't thrill me.

Don't know why, but I reckon Ely Smith will be the name their fans will keep throwing up e.g. 2 first round picks + Smith for Daniher and future third (oh and throw in Neale and McCluggage).

EDIT: Had a look at their board and Smith's name had already come up.

Don't agree at all and find the value being thrown around (late first early second on AFL com) a bit surprising. Ben Brown has been in the top few for the Coleman for a number of years and at 28 should be (having a bit of a down period) in the prime if his career. People would give almost anything for J Cameron, Tom Lynch, a younger Kennedy or Hawkins. Yet Browns output is pretty similar and as he is a but unfashionable and has hit a but if a tough patch he is now being talked about as a second rounder? Wow.

Having said that there is always the possibility he has lost his mojo like say Cloke from a few years back.

If lists get cut there will be many bargains up for grabs, will be an insane trade period this year.

Has Foxtel agreed to terms with the AFL yet?

Seems Caro has gone very quiet on this lately after being so bullish earlier on in the year.

News Corp tipped in around 750m and Murdoch 750m from his personal stash to keep Foxtel AUS afloat.

1.5 Billion of losses.

What will salary caps look like next year?

Last edited:
Isn't Daniher out of contract this year?

So if we don't need to give up anything for him why not if we have a bit of cap space...

Theoretically if he is out of contract he could do a Jack Martin and just not sign another contract.

If the medical department can work their magic on him the way they have with McCarthy and Birchall.

I think we should be targeting 1 of the gws' 3 talls but if Daniher can get his body right he's up there with the best tall forwards in the game (big if but)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back