List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Yeah but Essendon aren't really in the drivers seat here, same as with the Fantasia trade. They can put out whatever demands they want in the media, and it makes a good click bait story, but the only thing they can do is accept whatever Carlton are prepared to trade or let him walk for nothing.

In the hypothetical situation where Carlton prefer to trade pick 8 to us for 18 & 19 rather than try to work out a deal with Essendon involving pick 8, as much as they might kick & scream, Essendon won't pass on a late first round draft pick & let him go for nothing. Essendon blinks first there every time.

Guess it comes down to what one feels a fair trade...most of the football world sees pick 8 as a fair swap for Saad...Carlton new football boss, Nick Austin is looking for the trade win and being a tad greedy demanding a pick back..

Guess it comes down to what one feels a fair trade...most of the football world sees pick 8 as a fair swap for Saad...Carlton new football boss, Nick Austin is looking for the trade win and being a tad greedy demanding a pick back..

Most of the football world!! “Football Pope” I think it’s a very small minority of Dons supporters only, Saad is no match winner put it into perspective against a Neale or Charlie trade we did, Blues should and will give up a late first rounder this is logical and Dodo is greedy which doesn’t help anyone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most of the football world!! “Football Pope” I think it’s a very small minority of Dons supporters only, Saad is no match winner put it into perspective against a Neale or Charlie trade we did, Blues should and will give up a late first rounder this is logical and Dodo is greedy which doesn’t help anyone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
IMHO definitely overs

Personally I think Saad would be worth a pick somewhere in between pick 8 that Carlton currently have and our pick 18 with the talking of pick swaps with us.
Geelongs pick 13 would be about right imo, but they will more than likely need that for the J Cameron trade.

Most of the football world believes a mid to late teens pick is fair.

A top 10 pick is overs for Saad.

Personally I think Saad would be worth a pick somewhere in between pick 8 that Carlton currently have and our pick 18 with the talking of pick swaps with us.
Geelongs pick 13 would be about right imo, but they will more than likely need that for the J Cameron trade.
That's about where I fall too. 8 is definitely offers, 18 a bit under.

Most of the football world believes a mid to late teens pick is fair.

A top 10 pick is overs for Saad.

as I said before guess it comes down to what one feels a fair trade...and we all know you pay slightly overs... This is all about how highly do Carlton rate Saad...they are the ones that went after him...It would be a bit deflating for the player suddenly having held up on a late pick...Essendon has since bettered their offer for SAAD to stay...

Last edited:
What about our 18/19 for 7 from bombers
Blues 8 and 30 for 19

Bombers end up with 6,8 ,18 and 30
Blues end up with 19 and Saad
Lions 7

Bombers would then make it a three way deal and leave us with 8.
I'm not sure why they'd give us 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about our 18/19 for 7 from bombers
Blues 8 and 30 for 19

Bombers end up with 6,8 ,18 and 30
Blues end up with 19 and Saad
Lions 7
The deal for Saad will probably be something very simple.
Like, Carlton give up next years first round pick for Saad which Essendon then on trade to the Doggies for Dunkley.

In a game where a run and gun half back into opposition territory is stifled more and more every year...I would not be giving up any type of 1st rounder for a 178cm backman.

He's a good player...but we were criticized for handing over pick 12 for Charlie Cameron a few years back and he's an out and out match winner!

Saad ranked 10th for metres gained across the AFL which is OK. BTW, Daniel Rich ranked 4th in 2020 for metres gained.

In a game where a run and gun half back into opposition territory is stifled more and more every year...I would not be giving up any type of 1st rounder for a 178cm backman.

He's a good player...but we were criticized for handing over pick 12 for Charlie Cameron a few years back and he's an out and out match winner!

Saad ranked 10th for metres gained across the AFL which is OK. BTW, Daniel Rich ranked 4th in 2020 for metres gained.
I won’t say that I disagree, other than that The Bombers want to keep him and he is contracted and have now offered Saad a 5yr contract to match that of Carlton to keep him.

Silly duffer, I knew that.🤯
But when a club is offering a 5yr contract at a substantially substantial sum. I don’t think pick 13 is too much for Carlton to pay as per my original point.

I didn't think the pick swap for Jack Martin as proposed by the Suns last year was too much for Carlton to pay either. Thought it was very fair. Carlton thought different lol.

If the Blues want a first round draft pick this year as well as bringing in Saad & Williams then I can absolutely see them splitting pick 8 for 18 & 19.

Saad has come out very early & stated that he is set on going to Carlton & will go to the PSD if necessary. Obviously that's all a bit of the chest puffing media game, but when someone is that adamant they are leaving, not sure it matters what Essendon are now offering. Just as likely they are doing it knowing he won't take it, but it inflates perceived trade value.

Swap 19 for pies 2021 first. no spots this year.

Rather turn 18/19 into 7 or 8
Looking around at other teams
9 Crows cannot see them giving it up
10 GWS again you think they go to draft.
11 North again you think they want it.

So really blues/dons or pies you think.
Other teams Melb, port and eagles do not have a high pick.
Would they want something for 18 and swap for next years first?

Last edited:
On the other hand Dodoro is worth a pick in between 85 and 120

Brisbane trade Stef Martin and pick 53 to Bulldogs for a future 3rd round pick.

*please refer to the trade news compendium why we’re trading Martin.

On draft night, Brisbane then trade pick 19 and a future third round pick (preferably our own) to Collingwood for pick 42 and their future first round pick.

**I could see Brisbane giving Collingwood 2 future 3rd round picks in this scenario, to get the deal over the line, as Collingwood will be chasing points for next year.

We help the Bulldogs with points they need this year, for a pick they’re not likely to use next year if they trade in a future first in their Dunkley trade.

Collingwood really need to make the trade on draft night, after a potential first round bid occurs on their nga kid this year, so they don’t lose the pick in matching the bid on Reef McInness.

Collingwood need to find more draft picks/points this year as they will possibly need between 600 and 800 points to match the McInness bid.

Swap 19 for pies 2021 first. no spots this year.

Rather turn 18/19 into 7 or 8
Looking around at other teams
9 Crows cannot see them giving it up
10 GWS again you think they go to draft.
11 North again you think they want it.

So really blues/dons or pies you think.
Other teams Melb, port and eagles do not have a high pick.
Would they want something for 18 and swap for next years first?

Where do you see Collingwood finishing next year? There’s every chance they implode and miss finals next year.

Think I’d actually prefer Collingwood’s future first and keep pick 18 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back