Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

At least Macreadie played this week.
Good write-up.

“He was supported by an impressive performance by Harrison Macreadie, who defended strongly and intercepted on a number of occasions against the likes of Peter Wright in Gold Coast’s forward line.”

Would love for Macreadie to make it. Still got time.

Dylan Grimes got there in the end.

Don’t reckon we got pumped. Their write up doesn’t mention anyone kicking goals, just near misses. And also mentions a tight contest. Who knows I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macreadie showed so much in his first season, looked like being a serious key position defender prospect. Unfortunately so many injuries. It's probably done him good playing some short matches on good quality ovals in his comeback.

Hope he stays fit and stays on the list. Feel he would be a good replacement for someone like Jones.

I think our young small forwards need to tick all the boxes. We have some quality options on our list. I feel our young guys are either ticking the goal kicking boxes or they are kicking the pressure boxes but not necessarily both. Gibbons, Betts, Fisher and Martin are all applying pressure and kicking the odd goal so it's going to take hard work and persistence for guys like Honey, Philp, Owies and Cuningham.

Gee who said we have no small forwards...

Macreadie showed so much in his first season, looked like being a serious key position defender prospect. Unfortunately so many injuries. It's probably done him good playing some short matches on good quality ovals in his comeback.

Hope he stays fit and stays on the list. Feel he would be a good replacement for someone like Jones.

I think our young small forwards need to tick all the boxes. We have some quality options on our list. I feel our young guys are either ticking the goal kicking boxes or they are kicking the pressure boxes but not necessarily both. Gibbons, Betts, Fisher and Martin are all applying pressure and kicking the odd goal so it's going to take hard work and persistence for guys like Honey, Philp, Owies and Cuningham.

Gee who said we have no small forwards...
If weitering or jones got injured, with marchy still out, either Levi goes back or Macreadie plays. Point is Macreadie is close to senior selection

Couldn’t make out every player in the scratch match, but I’m certain I saw Honey and 99% sure I saw Kennedy.
Couldn’t see Dow, so it would appear he has either been selected or is the first emergency.

Macreadie looking great out there, and Moore completely wasted as a key forward.

Still no sign of Stocker
Does anybody still believe the party line?
I've heard otherwise
Problems surrounding fitness and application
Not the first nor the last, but that won't stop him being a player
To be sent home from the hub and away from the entire playing group and club as a punishment for fitness and application seems a bit extreme...he would have had to have been seriously slack/unprofessional to take that measure...like to the point where he's clearly not giving a sh*t and defying coaches.
Or he's having family / personal issues that are impacting his application.

Hard to say if chicken or if egg or if just a theory...
Bingo, at this point it has to be depression and/or family issues.

Callum Moore "electric speed" had to laugh.
You think Moore is slow? You're delusional then... change of direction at full tilt sucks, but that's because he's 6'4 and 92-95 kgs. Still has a mean sidestep though.

Hard to turn on a dime when you're that heavy unless you have a very natural build for it.

It looks like Dow and Kennedy didn't play, meaning they will be knocking on the door of senior selection.
Dow didn't play, but you can see Kennedy playing in the footage.

Macreadie looking great out there, and Moore completely wasted as a key forward.

You think Moore is slow? You're delusional then... change of direction at full tilt sucks, but that's because he's 6'4 and 92-95 kgs. Still has a mean sidestep though.

Hard to turn on a dime when you're that heavy unless you have a very natural build for it.

Can see no. 7 playing in the footage, not totally sure it is Kennedy, may be a GC top up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Jimmae, just not "electric". If you wish to quote a post and add "you're delusional" in it, wow!

No Jimmae, just not "electric". If you wish to quote a post and add "you're delusional" in it, wow!
You need to look at his last couple of weeks of reserves footage to see the best of his speed in a Carlton jumper. At his size, the only players quicker than him would be maybe Bolta, Chol and Aliir, and only on their best days.

Even against midfielders, he's still well above average, bordering on elite. Remarkable athlete for his size.

First clip just shows him get away from the contest without even kicking into top gear, the second features him at top speed.

Last edited:
Rewatching the highlight of scratch match against GC, I really liked what I saw of O’Brien. His work rate was super - he’d start a play in the back pocket and then receive it back in the centre and then he nailed his kicks.

Not sure what’s not captured in these highlights but his run, carry and delivery are all skills we need. Love the depth we have now.

Rewatching the highlight of scratch match against GC, I really liked what I saw of O’Brien. His work rate was super - he’d start a play in the back pocket and then receive it back in the centre and then he nailed his kicks.

Not sure what’s not captured in these highlights but his run, carry and delivery are all skills we need. Love the depth we have now.

That's why I thought he'd make well playing in the backline.
Not every player will be able to keep up with his run and if we're being fair - I feel he has a little more ability than Polson or Cottrell.

Anyway, it's not always about ability as we know but we'll see O'Brien soon enough...one way or another.

That's why I thought he'd make well playing in the backline.
Not every player will be able to keep up with his run and if we're being fair - I feel he has a little more ability than Polson or Cottrell.

Anyway, it's not always about ability as we know but we'll see O'Brien soon enough...one way or another.

I see him doing those things as a defensive winger anyway.

Good write-up.

“He was supported by an impressive performance by Harrison Macreadie, who defended strongly and intercepted on a number of occasions against the likes of Peter Wright in Gold Coast’s forward line.”

Would love for Macreadie to make it. Still got time.

Dylan Grimes got there in the end.

Here’s another Surrey call, to go with plenty, like Polson - he’ll make it - very talented. Just need to get him up and running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back