Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow. Which one misses out. Marchbank does. Every other player covers a role or is better at what Marchbank’s strengths are.
So far 71% have voted him in the consensus 22 backline so it seems most disagree with you.

I’ve got Marchbank in my back 6+1 along with Weiters, Jones, Plow, Doc and SPS and Simmo. Seems like that is the popular choice too.

Been a couple of comments on Matt Kennedy being in great shape and moving well.

Can anyone share a bit more info on him?

What should we be expecting? Has he gained a yard of pace and is he covering the ground a lot better?

This could be a massive win for us. Hopefully we start to see the best of what Matt Kennedy can do. Really like him as a player.

Bloody Ferris. You stealing my training thread has cost me 100 likes guaranteed.

If I don’t get that training post up to 100 likes I am never posting a training report again. And you’ll be to blame you dirty like thief.
Love your work Windows. In the future, I’d like an insight into the practical role that various coaches play in a training session? Does Teague dominate? What is Russell doing. You get the picture. Can’t get to Open training from Central Queensland coast.

Been a couple of comments on Matt Kennedy being in great shape and moving well.

Can anyone share a bit more info on him?

What should we be expecting? Has he gained a yard of pace and is he covering the ground a lot better?

This could be a massive win for us. Hopefully we start to see the best of what Matt Kennedy can do. Really like him as a player.
Endurance wise he’s in good order. Although I think he was last year too. The key difference with him is that he seems 3kg lighter and a lot more agile. Doesn’t have that slow ‘running in sludge’ look about him.

I am really hoping he makes it very hard to hold him out of the half forward line. He can really ‘launch’ at the ball as a half forward and tackle hard. Can kick very well. I don’t want him playing midfield next year. I really want them to focus on forward craft. Explosiveness.

Didn’t see a lot of forward line play today so will look out for it in future sessions.

Love your work Windows. In the future, I’d like an insight into the practical role that various coaches play in a training session? Does Teague dominate? What is Russell doing. You get the picture. Can’t get to Open training from Central Queensland coast.
Oh ok sure. No problem. Would you like some photos? Perhaps some interviews with the physio staff? Maybe an in depth one on one with Sam Walsh? A chat with Bono?

😜

Oh ok sure. No problem. Would you like some photos? Perhaps some interviews with the physio staff? Maybe an in depth one on one with Sam Walsh? A chat with Bono?

😜
No need for sarcasm. Just a request for whose voices are most prominent. Having said that, insight into Bono would be great...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody Ferris. You stealing my training thread has cost me 100 likes guaranteed.

If I don’t get that training post up to 100 likes I am never posting a training report again. And you’ll be to blame you dirty like thief.

Post it in GIF form... 100 likes guaranteed!

100 percent. As with setters. Going to be VERY tough at selection now. Really tough. You REALLY want Cripps Setters and Walsh in there now. Yet what to do with Murph and Ed? One can rotate but then what? And if you 50/50 wing/middle them then it pushes the wing rotations around.

My bet is they haven’t got set ideas on that yet. Just a desire to get Setters and Walsh in the thick of it.
Murphy to a wing maybe.

Not my fault. You should really be posting directly in the NO DISCUSSION thread...

... That way I can copy it and paste it in here.... :p

Interesting statistic from Andrew Russell in his time at Hawthorn. “Anytime we had more than 4 players do less than 60% of pre season we struggled, it was a important stat for us. Anytime we had 4 or less we finished 3rd or above”.

Not a fair comparison.

Think about the differences in the lists.

I mean, their three-peat squad is nothing on our current team... :p

Not a fair comparison.

Think about the differences in the lists.

I mean, their three-peat squad is nothing on our current team... :p
I heard that interview from Russell which was looking back at 13 + years with Hawthorn and was in fact empirical evidence that was the case with players who did and who didn't who do a complete preseason and it was 60%... And if only 4 players or less completed that percentage >> it guaranteed a finals finish.. [And the way Carlton finished fourth quarters in 2019 suggests that the Endurance base is key... And with luck and Less injuries that would be a massive bonus / w more contributors

Interesting statistic from Andrew Russell in his time at Hawthorn. “Anytime we had more than 4 players do less than 60% of pre season we struggled, it was a important stat for us. Anytime we had 4 or less we finished 3rd or above”.
It is a pretty small sample size. The one year they had a bad preseason they struggled coming off the back of a premiership.

I think we can put this in the basket of not statisically relevant. I don't like it because it gives teams an out. Self defeating talk like that results in seasons like the Demons had last year.

It is a pretty small sample size. The one year they had a bad preseason they struggled coming off the back of a premiership.

I think we can put this in the basket of not statisically relevant. I don't like it because it gives teams an out. Self defeating talk like that results in seasons like the Demons had last year.
Also, it depends on the quality of the group and their level of maturity
Whilst AR was at the hawks he had a high quality and mature group of players to deal with

Can anyone confirm that Lukas Webb (ex-dog) is still training with us, and shed some light on his current progress?

Is he fully fit - just running or joining the main group in full training?

We can’t be playing Marchbank Plowman Jones and Weitering in the backline together. Way too slow. Which one misses out. Marchbank does. Every other player covers a role or is better at what Marchbank’s strengths are.
I suspect that's underestimating Plowman. We played with a number of small defenders but he was still taking the most dangerous small forwards. Cameron etc. His versatility is his strength and he is probably our best shut down defender of fast forwards.

Can anyone confirm that Lukas Webb (ex-dog) is still training with us, and shed some light on his current progress?

I read a statement somewhere that Webb will continue to train with us, despite us having no free list spots.

That we will consider picking him up as an SSP if we end up putting someone (Kemp?) on the LTI.

I read a statement somewhere that Webb will continue to train with us, despite us having no free list spots.

That we will consider picking him up as an SSP if we end up putting someone (Kemp?) on the LTI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back