• Hunter Clark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seb Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of noise about Brad Hill not making the Top 10 of our B&F. Agree he has been disappointing but I see him burning up the wings of Marvel/Colonial/Docklands (whatever it's called) next year. That's a real speedster's deck. He'll have something to prove too.

Just got to get back to playing there though.

I thought he was nowhere near top 10. Easily the most disappointing out of the 5 recruits

What the hell does that mean? Show me one post where I disparaged him. Yup thought so.

Sick of this BS. Adios
Where did I say you disparaged him? I said many wanted the conversation to continue by mentioning him repeatedly in this thread after we had discussed it to death (you being one of them) and trying to incite some sort of response by saying tongue in cheek that we should trade him. That's all. You wanted to obviously keep this discussion going and I'm happy to entertain it.

Bit of noise about Brad Hill not making the Top 10 of our B&F. Agree he has been disappointing but I see him burning up the wings of Marvel/Colonial/Docklands (whatever it's called) next year. That's a real speedster's deck. He'll have something to prove too.

Just got to get back to playing there though.
Its good that he was not in the top 10, stings the ego a bit

Bloke will be a gun in the next few years, and being at the ground we will all see his work rate

And what did they cost us to get
Steele a 2017 2nd rd pick which ended up being Brent Daniels

Butler 2019 pick 56.

Howard, Ryder, pick 10 and a 2020 4th rd pick for pick 12, pick 18 and a 2020 3rd pick. Lets say Ryder and the 4th equal the 3rd rounder. Pick 10 and Pick 12 close enough. So Howard was for pick 18 and move a first rounder back 2 spots.

Not bad.

Butler 2019 pick 56.

Howard, Ryder, pick 10 and a 2020 4th rd pick for pick 12, pick 18 and a 2020 3rd pick. Lets say Ryder and the 4th equal the 3rd rounder. Pick 10 and Pick 12 close enough. So Howard was for pick 18 and move a first rounder back 2 spots.

Not bad.
Super work by the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler 2019 pick 56.

Not bad.

Interestingly the trades from last year gave a better return in reverse order based on how much it cost us.
butler - steal of a trade and was our best recruit
Howard/ryder - both absolutely solid and a very fair trade which I think in hindsight we won.
jones - solid trade. I think we broke even and got exactly what we expected out of him.
hill - sold the farm and he underperformed.

Worth watching the highlights of Steele on this, just to remind us what a great season he has had.

About 3-4 years ago Josh B played with Sandy. Can't remember if he was dropped or coming back from injury. A mate's son got a few games at Sandy as a youngster, and Bruce completely ignored the lesser lights. Maybe there was more, but it was apparently noticeable. Made me think at the time.

Wasn't surprised by his exit, and even less so by the comment by the trainer tonight. No excuse really.
That’s what’s been happening at Essendon for the last 5 years.
the older senior players give the young guys nothing. True story

Finnis speaking now, sombre in remembering those no longer with us to highlight adversity and "uplift" from there.

View attachment 982994
View attachment 982995
Billings was on 88 after the home and away season. Ross finished on 92 in 10th place after 2 finals games... Billings still would have been top 12 in the bnf, which isn’t great, but it’s not poor either. Someone of his talent should be higher tho.

So proud of Steele and Coffield! Brilliant seasons. A little surprised Howard scored so highly, but happy for him. Butler well deserved! Was electric, now he has to try and maintain his form. Marshall continued his development, what a weapon he is for us.

We have a laugh about it here but I would be intrigued to see how Ratten took the Bruce gag.

Don’t think he would have been too impressed.
Yeah I agree. Don’t think a few of the players would be happy either. We want to be seen as not worrying about trivial s**t of ex players. Bringing this up is just not a good look. Say it in private but not at the BnF fou *s sake.
Trainers a bit of an idiot imo

Amazing that anybody is making anything of it. Bit of banter, totally normal. I didn't know the actor who played the son from The Castle ended up as a trainer for us. Maybe the dude should go back into showbiz. Bit of gel in the hair might make him look a little less loserish too. Still I'm sure he's great at carrying water bottles around.
This is amazing.

Last edited:
It looked like Billings started playing more forward towards the end of the year which is a good move. Those easy touches at HB are nice to get his confidence up but we recruited him to be a match winner and he needs to become that. His best season is still 2017 where he was a super damaging forward.

Back