• Hunter Clark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seb Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get that. Just willing to give him another year. This year has been weird for everyone and some players have responded well and others have not. Shorter quarters have not helped Hill who was renowned for running hard late into 25 minute quarters. Been a disappointing year but he doesn't just become a spud overnight. I am keeping the faith for now.

It hasn't just been a weird year, its been a horror show.

We've had a handful of high profile players have less than exemplary years. JB was great and then fell off the cliff. Hill started well, dropped away, came good then dropped away again.

I think we need to cut players some slack with what they have had to deal with. Yes living in a resort at Noosa while the rest of us are stuck in our homes sounds bloody awesome... but for many it was a massive struggle.

We're not the only team to have this happen to either. Brodie Grundy has gone from the best in the business to a poor man's Tom Hickey. Buckley said he has really struggled with life in the hub.

It's not like Hill and Billings didn't contribute to the great season we had... they just had really poor games when it counted most. They weren't the lone rangers in that regard either.

Anyway, I thought last nights results were fantastic... we've been harping on about having younger guys figure prominently in the B&F for years. Super exciting to see so many in the top 10.

When people hear that Bruce wasn't well liked at the Saints and give examples, and then someone at the club says something like that and gets the reaction he did, it's hard to see how it isn't true.

I don't know why you felt the need to personally attack the guy either. Odd.

Amazing that anybody is making anything of it. Bit of banter, totally normal. I didn't know the actor who played the son from The Castle ended up as a trainer for us. Maybe the dude should go back into showbiz. Bit of gel in the hair might make him look a little less loserish too. Still I'm sure he's great at carrying water bottles around.

that Trainer has been with the Saints for years. I think its very unfair to verbally attack a guy even if its on a forum. It s not funny and its not nice.

We've had a handful of high profile players have less than exemplary years. JB was great and then fell off the cliff. Hill started well, dropped away, came good then dropped away again.

I think we need to cut players some slack with what they have had to deal with. Yes living in a resort at Noosa while the rest of us are stuck in our homes sounds bloody awesome... but for many it was a massive struggle.

We're not the only team to have this happen to either. Brodie Grundy has gone from the best in the business to a poor man's Tom Hickey. Buckley said he has really struggled with life in the hub.

It's not like Hill and Billings didn't contribute to the great season we had... they just had really poor games when it counted most. They weren't the lone rangers in that regard either.

Anyway, I thought last nights results were fantastic... we've been harping on about having younger guys figure prominently in the B&F for years. Super exciting to see so many in the top 10.

is it confirmed billings struggled with the hub?

He gave him sh*t about hogging a water bottle
He didnt call him a serial killer ffs
Spot on
And he is dogs player so who gives a ----

If 12 touches, 40 SC, 209 metres gained is ‘excellent’ for a winger, you have very low expectations.

We seriously need to stop using SC points as a metric for a good or bad game. Sorry, but we bag CD about everything else but we accept their SC scores? They are ridiculous.

Not saying I agree or disagree with you- but starting to see SC points creep into discussions is a worry lmao. Ignore it.

We seriously need to stop using SC points as a metric for a good or bad game. Sorry, but we bag CD about everything else but we accept their SC scores? They are ridiculous.

Not saying I agree or disagree with you- but starting to see SC points creep into discussions is a worry lmao. Ignore it.
None of the ranking systems can measure outside player at all.

All favour contested stats and ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha true, how about the 63% DE and 4 clangers... He was poor in both finals

The other one is Ross, like him or not has been very consistent since at least 2016. I think he had an interrupted preseason from memory too, but form well off his usual and he has a good body of work behind him

The other one is Ross, like him or not has been very consistent since at least 2016. I think he had an interrupted preseason from memory too, but form well off his usual and he has a good body of work behind him

He was a gun 2 years ago. Had an okay to good 2019 and looked a bit lost 2020, must have played a role though.

Steele getting highly rated for the Brownlow by statisticians.. 3rd but actually equal 2nd.

Steele getting highly rated for the Brownlow by statisticians.. 3rd but actually equal 2nd.

The Herald Sun predictor had him on 21 votes, which was equal 2nd with Dusty. I think it had Neale on 25 votes.

And the AFL.com.au one had him 6th with 14th votes with Neale on 25 votes.

I think he’s a smokey for the Brownlow. His.second half of the year there won’t be too many players stealing votes off him. It just depends how he goes in the first half.
Neale’s to lose though.

Sorry to intrude.

Billings stiff not to make top 10 ?

Was one of our best up to round 12. Top 3 or 4 at that stage I think. Then fell away a lot in the remainder of the season, had a couple solid games but nothing outstanding and a few quiet ones.

His dip in form coincided with Gresham’s injury so he was probably shifted around which could have messed with his continuity.

But overall, no he’s not stiff to narrowly miss out, the guys ahead of him just didn’t have a lapse in form for as many games as he did.

Back