Preview 2020 Trial game v GWS @ Richmond Oval, 18/1/2020 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

a 2019 trial game in 2020

does this mean Phillips, Randall & Scheer are all fit?

You bastard, I saw that and fixed it and there was one reply and I thought, what are the odds it's someone taking the piss because I put the wrong year down?

Apparently good odds

Also, yes please to those three fit

Phillips - nearly there
Randall - in the coach's box this season
Scheer - where's she at? That's what I want to know

If Erin is still a chance to play this season, then Chloe would still be a chance as well. If we can make it to the Finals and have them both fit again by then, then our chances of a back to back would be pretty good still.

Scheer is ahead of Phillips it seems in her recovery as she has been doing more training with the group than Phillips. See the latest video from training with Clarke mic'd up. Love him doing the "YES CHLOOOOEEEEE". For those who don't know, Scrubs is Jess Foley.

Is that curly hair girl with the cap at 20 secs Chloe?

Trial game v GWS squad

1. Caitlin Gould
2. Eloise Jones
3. Angela Foley
5. Courtney Gum
6. Rachelle Martin
7. Nikki Gore
8. Najwa Allen
9. Deni Varnhagen
12. Chelsea Biddell
14. Stevie-Lee Thompson
15. Danielle Ponter
16. Ailish Considine
17. Madison Newman
19. Sophie Li
20. Nicole Campbell
21. Montana McKinnon
22. Courtney Cramey
23. Justine Mules
28. Jaimi Tabb
31. Dayna Cox
33. Anne Hatchard
39. Sarah Allan
45. Czenya Cavouras

I am interested in how we work our Back 5 Defence. Unfortunately Rajcic missing with niggle.

In 2019 Back 5 consisted of
KPP - Allan
KPP - Rajcic
Swingman - Randall
Skilled Small - Ponter spent time there
General Defender - Cox an A. Foley

Trial 2020
KPP -Allan - Plays the Daniel Talia role to set the backline up
KPP - Cramey - Now undersized at 169cm and used elsewhere in 2019
Swingman - A. Foley a 173 cm defender previously used as an rebound 50's. Not quite the versatility of a Randall to take a Tayla Harris or Brennan or intercepting mark
Skilled Small - Maddie Newman - 170cm Beautiful kick. Did kicking in at West Adelaide at 18 or Nicole Campbell 170cm Left footer
General Defender - Cox

KPP - Caitlin Gould 181cm utility. Also back up Ruckman from Volleyball background. New to game learn down back
Unavailable KPP - Rajcic - 175cm

I am interested in how we work our Back 5 Defence. Unfortunately Rajcic missing with niggle.

In 2019 Back 5 consisted of
KPP - Allan
KPP - Rajcic
Swingman - Randall
Skilled Small - Ponter spent time there
General Defender - Cox an A. Foley

Trial 2020
KPP -Allan - Plays the Daniel Talia role to set the backline up
KPP - Cramey - Now undersized at 169cm and used elsewhere in 2019
Swingman - A. Foley a 173 cm defender previously used as an rebound 50's. Not quite the versatility of a Randall to take a Tayla Harris or Brennan or intercepting mark
Skilled Small - Maddie Newman - 170cm Beautiful kick. Did kicking in at West Adelaide at 18 or Nicole Campbell 170cm Left footer
General Defender - Cox

KPP - Caitlin Gould 181cm utility. Also back up Ruckman from Volleyball background. New to game learn down back
Unavailable KPP - Rajcic - 175cm

I expect when the real stuff starts It will be Allan, Rajcic, Cramey, A.Foley, Cox and Newman. Will probably use all 3 of Rajcic, Cramey and A.Foley to try to cover aspects of Randall’s game including playing as undersized key position players.

Gould from training footage looks more like they’re training her as a ruck, so would be interesting to see where they play her, I agree they should be looking to turn her into a permanent tall defender as Allan is pretty much the only one.

Again I also have to express disappointment at home games being moved to Richmond Oval this year. Not a fan of the place and an absolute pain for me to get there at the best of times let alone 10:30am on a Saturday or else would’ve headed down today.

With all this season’s home fixture times Sunday arvo’s (3 @ Richmond, 1 @ Unley) I probably won’t get to a game this season which is a bit of a shame. Probably more likely to go up and see the game at Southport on the Gold Coast than any of the home games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevie-lee got the only goal. From a nice mark on the wing by Pinter who immediately took off with a completely open forward line and she kicked it to space for Stevie-lee.

been doing a lot of chop and changes with the side. Looks like Clarke is experimenting a bit. Gum playing either as FF or CHF mostly.

Wow, the score looks pretty poor after half time. For anyone at the game - what caused the collapse?

Who looks like having a ripper year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back