Preview 2020 Trial game v GWS @ Richmond Oval, 18/1/2020 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see that it looks like it’s going to be Chelsea Biddell they’re going to train as a key defender not Caitlin Gould.

NikkiNoo how did Jess Allan go playing for GWS?

actually going by this footage on YouTube it looks like Gould did spend her time down back, looked comfortable down there to from what you can see

Also you don’t realise just how much of a woman mountain Erin McKinnon is in ruck for GWS until you see her at this camera level, literally looks like a giant out there o_O

Interesting to see that it looks like it’s going to be Chelsea Biddell they’re going to train as a key defender not Caitlin Gould.

NikkiNoo how did Jess Allan go playing for GWS?

I forgot she was playing until I saw her at the end of the game. She was used in the ruck as the second to McKinnon. Most of the time our rucks would get the taps, but their midfield was much better at roving to the taps, hence their domination. McKinnon would use her bulk quite a bit around the ground and Gould would get pushed around more than I would like to see happening there.

Going from 2 in a half to 1 isn’t really a collapse.
I was just curious why the sudden turnaround in scores. The article in recent posts explained it well enough - Clarke trialling players in various positions. Also playing a lot of the kids would have played a part in the last half fade out.

If you can want to get technical, the score ratio in the first and second halves were:
2:1 then 1:4 (Crows:GWS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back