2020 UCI Road World Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Defending womens champion Chloe Dygert lost it halfway through a downhill part of the ITT in Imola and is out. She badly cut her leg on the armco and was airlifted to hospital, hopefully she will make a full recovery. The pic she twittered was a bit gruesome.

Defending womens champion Chloe Dygert lost it halfway through a downhill part of the ITT in Imola and is out. She badly cut her leg on the armco and was airlifted to hospital, hopefully she will make a full recovery. The pic she twittered was a bit gruesome.

Saw the crash live on TV, but the twittered pic is quite gruesome to look at. Hope she makes a full recovery.

but the winner is going to be hard to beat at this discipline for a long time.
I hadn't heard of him before, but being the current world record holder in Individual Pursuit certainly speaks to his power. Add in his youth and that he rides for Ineos, and you're probably right about him likely being one of the top guys at the discipline for years to come

The womens race showed its a pretty hard course, the wind made it even tougher. The steepness of the climb should make it interesting, it will be hard work for someone like WVA to stay with pure climbers but the descent is narrow so those with bike handling skills will back themselves to get back across. Hopefully Slovenia attacks every lap up the steep climb. Alaphilipe in last years form would be well suited but on TDF form seems to be not climbing well enough.

Did anyone else watch the Women's Road Race?

I was surprised at how easily the winner was able to stay away for more than a lap, and how little chasing there was done by the peloton but I guess that is what happens with reduced teams

Yeah it's s**t to watch. Last year VanVlueten soloed to win with 100k to go. Women's peleton is not strong enough, whether it's the lack of full time professional's, I don't know, it's like watching a C grade club race where nobody wants to go to the front until the last 1k yet the race is already won up the road.

Did anyone else watch the Women's Road Race?

I was surprised at how easily the winner was able to stay away for more than a lap, and how little chasing there was done by the peloton but I guess that is what happens with reduced teams
Think that had a lot to do with the fact that the Dutch women are more dominant than any other country. If it wasn’t for that, we would’ve seen it run down. The Dutch were controlling the peloton perfectly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smart ride to go when he did to get the gold.
i think everyone knew he would attack on that last climb if the opportunity presented itself, but its a testament to his ability that he can still pull it off when people know its coming

Remove this Banner Ad

Back