2020 US Election alleged fraud - OFFICIAL evidence from affidavits ongoing. #stopthesteal

Remove this Banner Ad

question he should be asked is "if trump running in 2024 is a bad thing, why not just ban Trump from the GOP?"

Because they want to keep his voters.

Best result for McConnell is that Dems stop him from running in 2024 all by themselves (maybe Romney and one or two others in lite-Trump states cross the floor).

This way Trump can't tear the party apart but also can't run himself. Not sure Don Jnr can win the nomination.

No sir, you're not being detained because you support Trump. It's because you are alleged to have been part of a violent insurrection in Washington.
Depending where you're coming from it's either hilarious or actually scary that these idiots don't think they've done anything wrong.

Depending where you're coming from it's either hilarious or actually scary that these idiots don't think they've done anything wrong.
The low level of intelligence is scary, although the public videos of them thrashing around are mildly amusing.

4tqmu7.jpg

Interesting. Heard something about this yesterday - I believe it's a separate vote and only requires a simple majority rather than two thirds? So even if not convicted on the impeachment, he could still be barred from running again?

Seems like a no brainer as that would actually have a serious chance of getting up in the senate, and its really the only desired outcome from another impeachment at this stage anyway (that he can't run again).

No he has to be convicted first (2/3rds majority) and once that is achieved then a simple majority to bar him from running for public office anywhere.

Now a more interesting issue is if Republicans don’t turn up for Senate vote. As long as 51 of the 100 Senators turn up then only 2/3rds majority required of 51 members - ie 34 would be a two thirds majority. Remember that the Democrats will have 50 senators post Jan 20th so only need say Romney to turn up and you have your 51 senators.

No he has to be convicted first (2/3rds majority) and once that is achieved then a simple majority to bar him from running for public office anywhere.

Now a more interesting issue is if Republicans don’t turn up for Senate vote. As long as 51 of the 100 Senators turn up then only 2/3rds majority required of 51 members - ie 34 would be a two thirds majority. Remember that the Democrats will have 50 senators post Jan 20th so only need say Romney to turn up and you have your 51 senators.
I can't see it getting through, but the actual process of a second impeachment is very crafty work by the Dems.

Post election there will be many GOP senators keen to distance themselves from the final days of Trump, and a second impeachment will require those senators to publicly vote on whether to convict or acquit Trump. Each vote will either engage the Trumpians that remain, or risk alienating the corporate interests who are currently running screaming from brand Trump. It will ensure the fracture already evident in the Republican party remains open until the impeachment process is finalised.

Ah, cheers yeah wasn't sure I heard it right. Whole heap of nothing then lol.

They seem to forget completely that actions have consequences, ie illegally storming the capital building will bring them to the attention of the authorities. They also don't seem to be big on personal responsibility, one of those big things the GOP keep banging on about. As for the POS who said 'you are treating me like a black person' I hope he gets put in prison which has a large number of black people in it and it becomes known what he said.

I don't know if it's an 'internet effect' but none of these 'insurrectionist' seem to have a clue about the significance or danger their actions have caused. Perhaps someone should remind them that in life you can't respawn like in games. I had the same feeling when many diminished the severity and impact of Covid19 deaths. Most folks don't see death close up nowadays, very seldom does old Aunty Mabel die at home, it's usually off to hospital +/- hospice.

So young people, my rule #6 for a happy life is - Remember, there is no undo button in reality.

I can't see it getting through, but the actual process of a second impeachment is very crafty work by the Dems.

Post election there will be many GOP senators keen to distance themselves from the final days of Trump, and a second impeachment will require those senators to publicly vote on whether to convict or acquit Trump. Each vote will either engage the Trumpians that remain, or risk alienating the corporate interests who are currently running screaming from brand Trump. It will ensure the fracture already evident in the Republican party remains open until the impeachment process is finalised.
Be very tempting to have that knee operation youve been putting off done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't quite see it happening but it would be delicious if McConnell now throws Trump under the bus and rallies enough GOP votes in the Senate to convict.
It's a great time of reckoning isn't it Sweet Jesus. Everyone showing their colours. Everyone drawing the line. Everyone being named and counted for us all to see.

I'll ask you because I know you like a chat. Why do you think there are 23 thousand national guardsmen gathered. People seem to think it's because thousands of the cult will descend, but really how many trained men would it take to stop a recurrence of what happened the other day. They's have to just not let them in for a start. It just seems an improbable reason, but I've been proven wrong a bit.

It's a great time of reckoning isn't it Sweet Jesus. Everyone showing their colours. Everyone drawing the line. Everyone being named and counted for us all to see.
Well, I'm not sure the reckoning will be as complete as it should be.

I'll ask you because I know you like a chat. Why do you think there are 23 thousand national guardsmen gathered. People seem to think it's because thousands of the cult will descend, but really how many trained men would it take to stop a recurrence of what happened the other day. They's have to just not let them in for a start. It just seems an improbable reason, but I've been proven wrong a bit.
It is likely designed to send a message to both the public and any would-be protesters that the security failures of January 6 will not be repeated. To have Biden's inauguration rumbled by another MAGA riot would be an impossibly humiliating spectacle.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure the reckoning will be as complete as it should be.

It is likely to designed to send a message to both the public and any would-be protesters that the security failures of January 6 will not be repeated. To have Biden's inauguration rumbled by another MAGA riot would be an impossibly humiliating spectacle.
They could be rent a crowd.

Yes. It was frivolous of me to say so. They're there to stop anyone messing with the Great American Show of the inauguration of the incoming president, you say?

Yes. It was frivolous of me to say so. They're there to stop anyone messing with the Great American Show of the inauguration of the incoming president, you say?
Why not just come out and say you think there will be a military coup?

Otherwise known as the peaceful transfer of power. Is that a bad thing?

Would it be better if it was like Thailand? Have an election, losing side throws their toys out, military intervenes.

Do you want to preserve liberal democracy or don't you?

Last edited:
But that isn’t what’s going on in the US now, that was my point.
I wasn't talking about the US now. it was specifically about the ousting of Morzi. Its not comparable to the US now for a variety of reasons imo. the most onbvious being the ongoing continuity of US democratic processes vs the brand new egyptian ones but anyway, another time perhaps.

Just waiting. For the kraken queen and rudy et al do the 180 degree turn around once threatened with defamation suits
Fox news usa has
Now this website

Remove this Banner Ad

Back