2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Clinton claims Gabbard and Jill Stein from the Green Party are Russian assets.

There better be some evidence to back that up coming out pronto otherwise it is hard not to conclude that Clinton has fallen into the same conspiracy delusion that Trump has.

Clinton claims Gabbard and Jill Stein from the Green Party are Russian assets.

There better be some evidence to back that up coming out pronto otherwise it is hard not to conclude that Clinton has fallen into the same conspiracy delusion that Trump has.

That's not what she said

What she said is she expects the Russians will attempt to interfere with the election again, and they will do it by having their online activity support a third candidate outside the dem and GOP nominations

That may be the names mentioned.

That doesn't make them a Russian asset, just a beneficiary of their actions

That's not what she said

What she said is she expects the Russians will attempt to interfere with the election again, and they will do it by having their online activity support a third candidate outside the dem and GOP nominations

That may be the names mentioned.

That doesn't make them a Russian asset, just a beneficiary of their actions
She said Hubbard was being "groomed". She did literally call Stein a Russian asset. If you want to play a semantic game, fine, but these allegations, without accompanying evidence, are only going to hurt attempts to take Russian interference seriously.

She said Hubbard was being "groomed". She did literally call Stein a Russian asset. If you want to play a semantic game, fine, but these allegations, without accompanying evidence, are only going to hurt attempts to take Russian interference seriously.

She was referring to the candacy, not the person

This was what was happening with trump prior to them even contacting the russians

She was referring to the candacy, not the person

This was what was happening with trump prior to them even contacting the russians
It is one thing to say that the Russians are trying to bolster support behind certain candidates for their own interests and that they are doing so even without any sort of coordination or communication with those candidates. Yes, of course that was what was happening with Trump even before his attempts to reach out to them.

It is another thing to label them assets or say that they are being groomed. You use that language and it immediately suggests that these candidates are complicit in and consciously seeking to benefit from this Rusian interference.

If the latter is not true, you really shouldn't be using that kind of language. If the latter is true, then the evidence for it should be presented so that the legal system can address it.

If the evidence isn't provided it basically just plays in to Trump's "no collusion" narrative, which has been used to distract from the fact that the Russians were majorly involved in attempts to influence the election result and will no doubt be doing so again.

It is one thing to say that the Russians are trying to bolster support behind certain candidates for their own interests and that they are doing so even without any sort of coordination or communication with those candidates. Yes, of course that was what was happening with Trump even before his attempts to reach out to them.

It is another thing to label them assets or say that they are being groomed. You use that language and it immediately suggests that these candidates are complicit in and consciously seeking to benefit from this Rusian interference.

If the latter is not true, you really shouldn't be using that kind of language. If the latter is true, then the evidence for it should be presented so that the legal system can address it.

If the evidence isn't provided it basically just plays in to Trump's "no collusion" narrative, which has been used to distract from the fact that the Russians were majorly involved in attempts to influence the election result and will no doubt be doing so again.

I agree better language should have been used, but if you read the entire text she wants saying "they are working with the Russians"

I'm a Hillary supporter, but think she should stand back now. She's not helping at all. Mind you, I don't like Gabbard, and hope she'll soon bow out, especially after her tirade on Twitter. In that respect she's certainly been taking lessons from Trump.

ETA: Why is Gabbard even running as a Democrat? She's obviously a Trump supporter.

Last edited:
I'm a Hillary supporter, but think she should stand back now. She's not helping at all. Mind you, I don't like Gabbard, and hope she'll soon bow out, especially after her tirade on Twitter. In that respect she's certainly been taking lessons from Trump.

ETA: Why is Gabbard even running as a Democrat? She's obviously a Trump supporter.

Don't disagree with Hillary shutting up

Ex candidates or retired politicians opining about campaigns is rarely productive, and usually *s things up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would anyone care? Unless you're some weirdly huge Democrat fan who sees politics as two teams.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but as a member of the alp I pay membership dues, attend branch meetings, letterbox, volunteer, scrutineer, support policy submissions and so on.

If (for example) David Koch came in and said "im running to be alp leader" but he isn't gunna join the party, raise funds for the party, develop policy within the party, and help people within the party, I'd be pissed.

I don't care if you think he's the best person for the alp, if he isn't prepared to join us and contribute to us, why should I hand my time and my money and my vote over to him?

Wealth tax is a big shift. They typically end in tears. Though the US is different due to world wide taxation so would be an interesting experiment.

I don't expect the spending programs to be curtailed when the funding intended to pay for it doesn't materialise, but I do expect the Democratic party to have a lot of trouble increasing the debt ceiling through the presidential term.

This will be spun as republicans denying Americans their right to free healthcare and free education.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but as a member of the alp I pay membership dues, attend branch meetings, letterbox, volunteer, scrutineer, support policy submissions and so on.

If (for example) David Koch came in and said "im running to be alp leader" but he isn't gunna join the party, raise funds for the party, develop policy within the party, and help people within the party, I'd be pissed.

I don't care if you think he's the best person for the alp, if he isn't prepared to join us and contribute to us, why should I hand my time and my money and my vote over to him?
I understand that but Crow54 is hardly a card carrying Democrat so it should hardly impact her opinion.

I understand that but Crow54 is hardly a card carrying Democrat so it should hardly impact her opinion.

None of us are, but it doesn't mean we should cheerlead for any outsider to take over established parties

So he's happy to be a part of them when it suits him then. :thumbsu:
I like how toxic these discussions have become that I can't tell whether you're hitting the passive aggressive button or not.

Back