2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's about providing health care to people so that there are significantly less people who need to die early due to illness that is treatable with appropriate health care.

It's also primarily about people not getting bankrupted from a procedure, whether they lived through it or not. A loved one can die atm but on top of that they get 300k medical bill

To say M4A should be a magical elixir that 100% cure everyone is complete idiocy

But you're arguing with a deliberately obtuse waffler with a track record of denying evidence in favour of slanted convenient BS, so you will never get a reasonable response

They are quite clear.

Paraphrasing: X many people die because they don't have access to healthcare, medicare for all fixes that.

Again, Bernie:

No one is saying Medicare For All is a panacea for all preventable and treatable disease.

The 68,000 Sanders is refering to are people dying from diseases that are treatable but are not treated purely due to their exclusion from health care within the current system. You can argue about what that number exactly is, but it is clearly in the tens of thousands. I'm not sure why you are struggling to understand the statement.

No one is saying Medicare For All is a panacea for all preventable and treatable disease.

The 68,000 Sanders is refering to are people dying from diseases that are treatable but are not treated purely due to their exclusion from health care within the current system. You can argue about what that number exactly is, but it is clearly in the tens of thousands. I'm not sure why you are struggling to understand the statement.
It all started because I was asking where the figure came from as my investigation into it came back with the CDC mentioning a lot of lifestyle conditions that were considered preventable or treatable.

It all started because I was asking where the figure came from as my investigation into it came back with the CDC mentioning a lot of lifestyle conditions that were considered preventable or treatable.
Forget the term “preventable”, as I mistakenly used that term initially and I outlined that in another post.

The term “preventable“ has put you on the wrong path over the last hour or so.

As I said if uninsured people in the US had public health care then they have a fighting chance if they develop cancer, whereas at the moment they have no chance.

Of course people are still going to die. But many fewer will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very funny to see the people who couldn’t understand why Trump was elected can’t understand why Sanders is popular. Unfortunately many of these people are educated at Harvard, Oxford etc. Has there ever been a better argument against tertiary education?
Certainly an argument against tertiary education being needed to analyse politics. Could have opportunity to cut those courses from uni in favour of hard and applied sciences

With 0% of the vote counted, the mainstream media calls it for Biden, based on exit poll data.

Yet we still don't have an official winner from Iowa, and it took them well in to the count to call Nevada for Sanders despite an obvious overwhelming victory based on exit poll data and common sense.

Classic.

Biden takes Ohio easily.

Super Tuesday will be very interesting. I think that's when Bloomberg will first pop up? Steyer has been doing well in the polls in SC, beating Liz.

Pete has been officially declared the winner in Iowa about six times now. Coming second in NH was also good to see, but he won't do well in SC. If he can stay in the race after Super Tuesday, things are looking better for him in the next lot of states.

Super Tuesday will be very interesting. I think that's when Bloomberg will first pop up? Steyer has been doing well in the polls in SC, beating Liz.

Pete has been officially declared the winner in Iowa about six times now. Coming second in NH was also good to see, but he won't do well in SC. If he can stay in the race after Super Tuesday, things are looking better for him in the next lot of states.

ROFL.

Steyer, Bloomberg, Pete are all cooked, Biden is the only choice for centre democrats.

I just hate young people who think that the world owes them something just because they exist. Grampy Bernie seems to fill the needs in the emptiness of their souls.
Idk much about the US boomer experience but in Australia it was full of free s**t that then got denied to subsequent generations (prospects of jobs for life, free uni, expectations of an aged pension)

With 0% of the vote counted, the mainstream media calls it for Biden, based on exit poll data.

Yet we still don't have an official winner from Iowa, and it took them well in to the count to call Nevada for Sanders despite an obvious overwhelming victory based on exit poll data and common sense.

Classic.
Why is it classic?

The Iowa numbers have been verified. Biden is winning the exit polls by that much that it makes it an easy decision for multiple outlets to call. Just like they do for any other primary. Just like they would do the same if numbers were reversed and Sanders was leading the exits by that much. And obviously ignoring the fact that a primary is different from a caucas.

Yes it is. It is thoroughly dependent on it. If there is no method to administer the right, you don't really have the right, do you?

You don't think you have the right to expect your call to emergency services to be responded to?
Some people do have their rights to emergency services modified or delayed in Victoria- can quote examples where due to previous violence towards paramedics at an address they will only attend with police presence which can lead to potential significant delays in care (btw I don’t have an issue with this practice but showing that the right to emergency service is modified)

Back