2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

More nothing. What about if you refuted my assertion that Biden/Obama exported jobs to China with a few facts? That would be a start..
Why should I bother to use facts in a rebuttal against something that was asserted without facts to begin with?

I am a big free trade person, not because I like seeing jobs go offshore, but because i think fighting it is like King Knut and the tide.

Trump has made more noise about it, absolutely. But I think it will be for a similar outcome. global logistics and automation are the main drivers for offshoring

what needs to be done is finding new work opportunities for the former factory workers, and improving worker mobility. and im not talking about training everyone to be a coder, or bullshit like a jims mowing franchise. Its extremely tough with no easy answers, but we are looking at something not seen since the industrial revolution (in terms of social impact upon the changing economic landscape)
I will add that it's not just jobs that nationalist types care about, it's also about independence and not relying on hostile foreign powers to get along. For example, with the next pandemic I would hope that Australia and every other country have facilities in place now to adequately produce PPE and other important goods at home.

I understand that the current global economy is based upon China making dirt cheap s**t for everyone else. I'm not delusional enough to think we can change that overnight, but if we can all claw back just a bit of self sufficiency...

I will add that it's not just jobs that nationalist types care about, it's also about independence and not relying on hostile foreign powers to get along. For example, with the next pandemic I would hope that Australia and every other country have facilities in place now to adequately produce PPE and other important goods at home.

I understand that the current global economy is based upon China making dirt cheap sh*t for everyone else. I'm not delusional enough to think we can change that overnight, but if we can all claw back just a bit of self sufficiency...

that so wont happen its not funny

once things get back to normal, volume will mean masks (for example) will cost barely any cents a unit, while costing significantly more here.

not to do with labour, or material costs, or unions. all about we only need x in australia, while they make xxxxxxx in china

everyone loves "made in Australia" as long as its more profitable

that so wont happen its not funny

once things get back to normal, volume will mean masks (for example) will cost barely any cents a unit, while costing significantly more here.

not to do with labour, or material costs, or unions. all about we only need x in australia, while they make xxxxxxx in china

everyone loves "made in Australia" as long as its more profitable
Amazing that we're able to pay 24+ billion in Victoria for a desal plant we don't need and 1billion to cancel an infrastructure project due to union pressure. But how about a mask factory? Nah, too expensive.

Labor are morons.

Amazing that we're able to pay 24+ billion in Victoria for a desal plant we don't need and 1billion to cancel an infrastructure project due to union pressure. But how about a mask factory? Nah, too expensive.

Labor are morons.

Its not Labor, it's private industry

Desal is because we will be facing water shortages pretty damn soon, Ag is too important for the state to short change during next drought for the city

Nonsense. The Wonthaggi plant is a union / organised-crime scam.

you really are an idiot. im talking about you wanting the govt to get into the business of making everything from masks to whatever else we dont want to buy from china.

the fact you crit the desal YET want more govt involvement in industry is laughable

you really are an idiot. im talking about you wanting the govt to get into the business of making everything from masks to whatever else we dont want to buy from china.

the fact you crit the desal YET want more govt involvement in industry is laughable
When did I say I want the Gov to make everything? Let alone any state or federal gov that is run by bikies Labor. Weird post m8.

When did I say I want the Gov to make everything? Let alone any state or federal gov that is run by bikies Labor. Weird post m8.

try this

Labor are morons.

you are not just a dumbarse, you are a lying dumbarse

i look forward to talking politics with you on the day you actually decide to give your honest opinions, and not lame troll attempts

try this

you are not just a dumbarse, you are a lying dumbarse

i look forward to talking politics with you on the day you actually decide to give your honest opinions, and not lame troll attempts
I never said that essential PPE etc should be gov produced. As always, you get all weird and emotional when anyone criticises China and our dependence on them. You only ever resort to this vitriolic hyperbole when this specific topic comes up. I don't get it.

I never said that essential PPE etc should be gov produced. As always, you get all weird and emotional when anyone criticises China and our dependence on them. You only ever resort to this vitriolic hyperbole when this specific topic comes up. I don't get it.

nice try, you literally bagged the govt for investing in desal and said "how about a mask factory?" you again are lying because thats your fallback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good example of how loony some of this board gets by jumping straight to anything that 'benefits' Trump must be some pro-Trump conspiracy.

We had people here suggesting Kanye was in the race to split the Democrats' support when really he was manic and had plans to run in 2024.

I wonder if we will see people sit back and think things through now.

Brad Parscale is out as Trump's campaign manager. Obviously the campaign is going well....

Replaced by Bill Stepien, who used to be Chris Christie's campaign manager and was implicated in the bridge closure scandal. Always the best guys.

Brad Parscale is out as Trump's campaign manager. Obviously the campaign is going well....

Replaced by Bill Stepien, who used to be Chris Christie's campaign manager and was implicated in the bridge closure scandal. Always the best guys.

Jeez, the Christie campaign was a shocker

That's the fella the Lincoln Project were specifically targeting, isn't it?

Aren't the Lincoln Project a bunch of Neolibs who feel betrayed by the Republicans moving toward Trump instead of great guys like George W Bush?

They sound cancerous.
By rights the Republicans should be punished for Trump with a generation or so out of office, they've enabled him and it's not as if there wasn't a giant caveat emptor sign flashing above his head.

By rights the Republicans should be punished for Trump with a generation or so out of office, they've enabled him and it's not as if there wasn't a giant caveat emptor sign flashing above his head.
It's still incredible to me that people who had SEEN WHAT HE WAS LIKE thought "oh he will settle down once we give him almost limitless power to * with people he doesn't like".

When someone tells you who they are, you should listen.

But I reckon most knew. They just thought they'd make out better on the inside than retaining their principles.

Aren't the Lincoln Project a bunch of Neolibs who feel betrayed by the Republicans moving toward Trump instead of great guys like George W Bush?

They sound cancerous.
Absolutely. But they do make quite good attack ads.

Do I rate them better than the current administration? Yes. Would I want them anywhere near power? No.

Back