Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
In 2016 when Frankston were out of VFL for 1 season the club was told it was not wanted in MPNFL if it went that way.
I must be remembering that incorrectly, I was certain they were invited. Hopefully the powers that be change their mind if the VFL does go under and there is no replacement comp, The Dollies deserve a chance to live on.

MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
as we continue to wait on the AFL to make a decision on 2020 VFL Season

Werribee coach Mark Williams has said “Werribee players are happy to play for free to kickstart the VFL season”

AFL clubs won't play, Preston have gone under. That leaves:

Box Hill
Coburg
Casey
Frankston
Port Melbourne
Sandringham
Werribee
Williamstown

IF they were able to play 4 weeks from Saturday (13th June) we could have a 14 round season

June:
13th/14th
20th/21st
27th/28th

July:

4th/5th
11th/12th
18th/19th
25th/26th

August:

1st/2nd
8th/9th
15th/16th
22nd/23rd
29th/30th

September:

5th/6th
12th/13th

Finals:

19th/20th
26th

If we did a 1 v 4, 2 v 3 system

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
AFL clubs won't play, Preston have gone under. That leaves:

Box Hill
Coburg
Casey
Frankston
Port Melbourne
Sandringham
Werribee
Williamstown

IF they were able to play 4 weeks from Saturday (13th June) we could have a 14 round season

June:
13th/14th
20th/21st
27th/28th

July:

4th/5th
11th/12th
18th/19th
25th/26th

August:

1st/2nd
8th/9th
15th/16th
22nd/23rd
29th/30th

September:

5th/6th
12th/13th

Finals:

19th/20th
26th

If we did a 1 v 4, 2 v 3 system
Add a Vermont or Balwyn from the EFL Frankston Pines from the MPFL or maybe a club or 2 from the WRFL and the EDFL and you could have a good competition in 2021.

Add a Vermont or Balwyn from the EFL Frankston Pines from the MPFL or maybe a club or 2 from the WRFL and the EDFL and you could have a good competition in 2021.
Why would those clubs leave their comps?

Also, Sorrento, not Pines if anyone from MPFNL

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why would those clubs leave their comps?

Also, Sorrento, not Pines if anyone from MPFNL
If they wanted to test themselves against better opponents in a better standard of Football.
As I want the VFL clubs to survive in a new competition and for the names of clubs I have mentioned above I just threw them up in the air but if better clubs wanted to join so be it.
If you put the current VFL clubs into metro competitions they would be very strong and hard to beat.
I might be a old romantic but if you could get something like an old style VFA competition going on Sunday’s you be surprised by the support it may get.
The AFL are on the nose with honest football supporters this style of a new competition could take off.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I might be a old romantic but if you could get something like an old style VFA competition going on Sunday’s you be surprised by the support it may get.
The AFL are on the nose with honest football supporters this style of a new competition could take off.
It will be over 30 years since that Sunday style comp was relevant. Times have changed. AFL is played all over Sunday now too. Those fans that went then are probably 60 to 100 year olds now. It is a nice idea of those times but it won't take off with crowds like you imaging with the romantic sense.
It was truly great to see as a little kid on tv back then and that was another reason why it had a decent following. Fred Cook for Port, Rex Hunt for Sandy and a few other retired AFL club players into VFA was a good attraction. If you tried what you are trying to romantically think about, you would have a crowd of 100 people and no tv coverage and not on AFL pathway at all. Any good players would leave it in no time when no money involved or want to get to be seen by AFL recruiters. I just cannot see it happening no matter how romantic a notion is behind it.

MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
Everyone is frustrated with the lack of information from AFL but i understand a decision on the 2020 season is still at least a week away

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
Everyone is frustrated with the lack of information from AFL but i understand a decision on the 2020 season is still at least a week away
That's utter BS when they have announced their own restart date today.

The AFL has become very self involved, which would be fine, if they didn't control virtually every other competition in Australia. It's a little selfish not to allow the hundreds of other comps around the country to prepare to start or restart their own seasons.

I would like to see Essendon loan WH to Coburg this season if any VFL goes ahead. We're not using it, and it's a far superior ground to Cragieburn, as well as keeping it in the inner north west.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would like to see Essendon loan WH to Coburg this season if any VFL goes ahead. We're not using it, and it's a far superior ground to Cragieburn, as well as keeping it in the inner north west.
Are there still doing building works at Coberg Oval?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
That is confusing statement given this thread is about stand alone clubs only.
AFL clubs have nothing to do with Port, Willy, Frankston, Werribee and Coburg so AFL clubs have no say on their player contracts.

MRobbo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2004
Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
Next meeting between AFL and VFL standalone clubs is on Friday.

I am more hopefully of a season Starting around July 18 for 10 rounds plus finals. GF October 18. Hopefully with crowds (probably limited to 500-1000 depending on size of the ground

Back