2020 Vuelta

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently it's started, got mentioned on the GCN coverage of the Giro. I thought it started on Saturday.
The first 3 stages, which were supposed to be in the Netherlands, were cancelled - which is why it's starting 3 days late. It starts today, and is only 18 stages long.

Stage 1 is basically a summit finish, coming 1km after the top of a Cat 1

SVtDoLfr6hAJGR5EBn8nxK-970-80.jpg

Last edited:

The first 3 stages, which were supposed to be in the Netherlands, were cancelled - which is why it's starting 3 days late. It starts today, and is only 18 stages long.
I meant this coming weekend

One stage of the Vuelta has already confirmed what I already suspected, I much prefer this to the Giro.

But man Jumbo Vismar are just too strong. Can’t see anyone get near Roglic. Good start by Chaves; Carapaz looked good too but thought he had a little more in him after strong work by Ineos.

One stage of the Vuelta has already confirmed what I already suspected, I much prefer this to the Giro.

But man Jumbo Vismar are just too strong. Can’t see anyone get near Roglic. Good start by Chaves; Carapaz looked good too but thought he had a little more in him after strong work by Ineos.
It's the weakest Giro field in living memory, and the two best GC riders have pulled out. I mean, come on. Almeida, Hindley, Goeghan Hart? Promising of course, but if they were in this Vuelta field they would struggle to finish top 20.

I'll pick the Vuelta up after the Giro finishes, I paid for the GCN racepass, might as well use it until the end.

Vuelta has been the pick of the GTs for quite a while now IMO.

It's pretty annoying that we can't get the livestream until 12:30 (that's what it is tonight at least) on the sbs website. Think I'll stick to just finding out the results in the morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight and tomorrow night should be good, only been watching highlights but with the shorter race Roglic and Carapaz have been racing pretty hard. The later finish is making it hard to watch live.
Yeah I'm not watching anymore. Simply too late for me

Looks pretty tight at the top, Carapaz needs to put time into Roglic tonight because on a long TT I'd expect Roglic to take a few minutes on him.

Was actually a good stage.
Soler had a great ride and deserved the win but Gaudu was jus5vthatvlittle but better.

Thinking the taping method is going to be used now.

Im liking Carapaz's chances to hold on. Once he loses red after the TT, Ineos can rest up a bit, Cam Wurf is doing too much work. But Froome is still strong enough to rip the legs off most of these guys. Can see him doing a Rohan Dennis here, but maybe in a stage where other teams are not expecting it.

Was a pretty decent race, shame it's so hard to watch. The history books will now have Roglic as a 2 time GT winner but im far from convinced of his climbing ability. The Carapaz attack on stage 17 was blistering and he had no answer at all. Jumbo Visma have carried him all the through the Tour and here but when he gets isolated he is a very different rider. At 31 and with some of the quality of the guys in the 25 and under bracket he's gonna find it hard to win in France which must be the teams goal, Vuelta is normally the consolation prize apart from Movistar riders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back