2020, will we have the best back line in the comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Nathan Broad hold his spot in the Best 22 backline? As Vlastuin is a better intercept mark now than he was in 2017/18 and less of a running player.

I personally would see Broad dropping out with Short/Baker as the 6th/7th members of our backline with the emergencies being Broad (for the taller players) and Stack (for the running players).

• Banned
Does Nathan Broad hold his spot in the Best 22 backline? As Vlastuin is a better intercept mark now than he was in 2017/18 and less of a running player.

I personally would see Broad dropping out with Short/Baker as the 6th/7th members of our backline with the emergencies being Broad (for the taller players) and Stack (for the running players).

Broad has played 54 games, has not been involved in many losing sides:

'16 - 1
'17 - 1 (Tigers/Broad flag)
'18 - 3
'19 - 5 (Tigers/Broad flag x2)

I think he helps the better defenders, traditionally Rance and co. have gone to higher levels with Broad locking someone down

Last edited:
Name our best for 2020.
This is mine....

Grimes Astbury Vlastuin
Houli Broad Rance

?? Stack Baker Short (interchangeable)
2020 AA committee expected to give up and just let Dimma choose the backline, after Richmond gets a record for lowest “against” score in a season ever.

Broad is seriously underrated by so many people..he rarely loses a contest and is nearly always in the right spot...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back