2020 Women's T20 World Cup - India v Australia Final - Sun 8 March, 6pm AEDT

What lame headline will adorn The Daily Cricketer Times following the Women's T20 World Cup?

• New Zealand Saved By Priest And Devine Int-Kerr-vention? You Bates Believe It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

*sigh*

That was rough.

Better to get the choke out of the way now than in the semi final I guess?

Sutherland bats at 8 and gets no overs but she has that last name I suppose.

Will she even get much of a trundle on normal decks?

She’s woeful no idea why she’s in the side for! Let’s call it a Marsh selection

That's a loss to Lanning. Winning the toss and bowling is a terrible decision, but then elevating herself and Haynes in batting line up was a mistake also.

As terrible as this batting has been what were the curators thinking? Talk about making India feel at home.
Curators do the best they can. Pitch conditions weren't surprising or out of the ordinary for that ground which has never been conducive to good women's cricket. WBBL matches there have always been a raffle, one of the several reasons I wanted the opener at Adelaide Oval.

That's a loss to Lanning. Winning the toss and bowling is a terrible decision, but then elevating herself and Haynes in batting line up was a mistake also.

Nope bowling first was the right call

Playing that utter spud Sutherland wasn’t what an utter hack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope bowling first was the right call

Playing that utter spud Sutherland wasn’t what an utter hack
The best time to bat the entire game was the opening 5-6 overs of the first innings, the pitch was getting slower as the game progressed. We should have batted first and defended the total, it is what he have been best at for the last decade or so.

I don't think Sutherland should have played, but it isn't because she is a hack, she is a very good player, but she is a very young and inexperienced player.

Losing Vlaemick may be a bigger loss than we first thought, we will now have to rely on a young inexperienced fast bowler or Kimmince who doesn't have the pace to trouble the world's best batters.

The best time to bat the entire game was the opening 5-6 overs of the first innings, the pitch was getting slower as the game progressed. We should have batted first and defended the total, it is what he have been best at for the last decade or so.

I don't think Sutherland should have played, but it isn't because she is a hack, she is a very good player, but she is a very young and inexperienced player.

Losing Vlaemick may be a bigger loss than we first thought, we will now have to rely on a young inexperienced fast bowler or Kimmince who doesn't have the pace to trouble the world's best batters.

Kimmice is so awful it’s not funny. No idea why she’s even in the side.

I don’t rate Sutherland nothing she does is good. She’s a pie throwing bowler and woeful bat

I don't follow women's cricket that closely but India have improved a lot in the last few years.

It used to be Australia, England and New Zealand and then daylight, India were slower to get behind women's cricket but now they have look out.

India made the world cup final in 2005 and finished 3rd in 2009.

Kimmice is so awful it’s not funny. No idea why she’s even in the side.

I don’t rate Sutherland nothing she does is good. She’s a pie throwing bowler and woeful bat
I'm not a fan of Kimmince either, but Sutherland has potential. I think is capable of being a very solid all-rounder, she a competent batter and in time should consistantly bowl around the 115-120km mark.

Australia have more problems than just the bowlers, the likes of Healy, Perry and Gardner struggle against the spinners, India exploited that weakness.
I thought Healy and Gardner were okay against the spinners tonight, it was Lanning, Haynes, Perry, Jonasson and Mooney who struggled. I also think India's spinners are quite unique in that they bowl around 10km slower than any other countries spinners. It seemed to suit the pitch tonight, especially in the second innings.

Meh, it needs to be said. There are players in the Aussie team that need a kick up the arse after that effort.

Some of those ladies are earning 500k playing cricket and to waltz up the wicket first ball with an 18-inch gap between bat and pad is absolute bullshit in an international tournament.

Lanning and Perry need to be far better than the s**t they brought tonight, don't sugar coat it, their dismissals were disgraceful...and Healey can't be content with a 50 and then get out to a s**t dismissal. We have the best players in the world but if they are going to play like country league players, we are not going to win this tournament. If Matthew Mott is earning his cash as a coach, he better be bringing a reality check to those three in particular.

Apart from the fact the bullshit off-spinner they got out too...they should be ashamed given the situation they were in, they deserve to be criticised, it wasn't a brave effort, it wasn't a choke, it was a disgraceful effort
Yeah because the renowned slackers Lanning and Perry have dominated for 10 years by accepting mediocrity.

Bringing up money is just petty and jealous stuff. But if we really want to get into it, they would have earned even more money last year if they were allowed to play domestic cricket in India... except CA's greed and incompetence got in the way. Too bad, a little extra experience in those conditions against those bowlers might've come in handy tonight.

You might also want to rethink your disgraceful "bullshit off-spinner" description of a leggie with 89 wickets at an average of 14.

I'm not a fan of Kimmince either, but Sutherland has potential. I think is capable of being a very solid all-rounder, she a competent batter and in time should consistantly bowl around the 115-120km mark.

Competent bat? Pushing it. I don’t rate her though

The 16 year old Indian opener Shafali Verma, is going to be a very special player. Gee the ball makes a nice sound off her bat and she makes it look easy. Great story how she once disguised herself as her sick brother to play against other boys and she won the player of the series.

Back