2020 Women's T20 World Cup - India v Australia Final - Sun 8 March, 6pm AEDT

What lame headline will adorn The Daily Cricketer Times following the Women's T20 World Cup?

• New Zealand Saved By Priest And Devine Int-Kerr-vention? You Bates Believe It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So once the NRL All Stars match between the Indigenous and Maori teams (featuring not one Tahuhu) wrapped up 25 minutes after ten, coverage cut to the WACA with Marv's mob at 0/58 after 7... then they slumped to 7/127. In other words, we Foxtelless plebs missed out on the best part of the innings! But, when all's said and done, it was still 13 more overs than I ever thought I'd see on free-to-air tv.

Frontrunner for understatement of the tournament from Nasser: "Priest's keeping hasn't been overly mobile".

New Zealand were just ok in the run chase. Beyond an early direct-hit run out (guess who was caught well short of her crease), bad Sri Lanka reemerged and they missed out on taking several opportunities that would've made it tight. Maddy Green came in at 2/58 with 9 overs left and brought the heat, if you know what I mean, to really take the sting out of the match. And again, I have to point out Kulasuriya because 0/26 off 2.4 overs is a travesty for how well she bowled--2/4 off her first two overs if her teammates were switched on in the field.

What oxygen thief scheduled Australia at 3pm on a weekday tomorrow?

They've done a pretty good job promoting the game, but what's the bloody point if no-one can get there for it?
Not just tomorrow but also the Aus-NZ match in Melbourne too. Probably the same genius who scheduled games at Sydney Olympic Pudding but none at great cricket venues like AO or the Gabba.

What’s with tonight’s game starting at 10:00pm EDT tonight. Is the ICC actively trying to stop people watching the games?

I understand if it’s a double header but it’s a stand alone game tonight.

has to be international audience related. that's the only thing that would make a lick of sense

The England batting line up looks all over the place. None of them seem to know what their role is.

A few players out there could cast their minds back to the WACA just last November when the Scorchers (led by Sciver's 27 off 26) defended 116 by bowling out the Thunder for 105. This pitch admittedly looks better for batting (literally, the one for that WBBL game was pretty green and cracky). But even last night's match, where Sri Lanka's 127 could've been enough if they held their catches, suggests England might not be too far off par.

A few players out there could cast their minds back to the WACA just last November when the Scorchers (led by Sciver's 27 off 26) defended 116 by bowling out the Thunder for 105. This pitch admittedly looks better for batting (literally, the one for that WBBL game was pretty green and cracky). But even last night's match, where Sri Lanka's 127 could've been enough if they held their catches, suggests England might not be too far off par.
This might prove to be right but watching it, it just feels like South Africa have mangled the chase big time. No urgency particularly from Van Niekirk.

Edit: Well, I was wrong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might prove to be right but watching it, it just feels like South Africa have mangled the chase big time. No urgency particularly from Van Niekirk.

Edit: Well, I was wrong.
I must've drifted through the middle overs of the run chase as much as they did. The rather tall order of 33 from 18 felt like it appeared from nowhere. And it must be said there were some very fortunate top-edges, and 4 byes, late in the innings that saved South Africa because Tryon and du Preez really struggled to find their timing.

Or it's just a normal starting time for a typical T20 night game. It's not all about catering to people in Sydney and Melbourne.
Yes I think we're all clear on the astronomical phenomenon known as night. It should also be clear that starting games at 7pm on a Sunday, a month after school holidays have ended, isn't catering to people in Perth either... so why have games there if locals aren't the number one priority?

There will be some nervous checking of the weather in Perth today, a rain out could almost see the end of the Aussies' chances of making the finals. Sounds like the rain will clear though.

There will be some nervous checking of the weather in Perth today, a rain out could almost see the end of the Aussies' chances of making the finals. Sounds like the rain will clear though.

We deserve it after our pathetic performance in game 1.

Better not play Kimmice at least

Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat.

Sutherland out, Carey in for us.

Different pitch being used to the last two days, should be a ripper.

Sutherland out, thank the lord!

Athapaththu is so classy. The gap between her and her teammates is probably the biggest I have seen.

Australia's fielding has been so bad. They're in free fall and panicking hard.

Back