• Nathan O'Driscoll

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Zane Trew

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be interesting to see where our recruiters/Longmuir see Chapman’s future position with us. I’d they see him as a forward/tall wingman then I am all for bringing him in with our first. If they see him as a defender then I just think we will have a massive log jam in the back 6 moving forward meaning someone like Young could ask to be traded back to Vic

It would be interesting to see where our recruiters/Longmuir see Chapman’s future position with us. I’d they see him as a forward/tall wingman then I am all for bringing him in with our first. If they see him as a defender then I just think we will have a massive log jam in the back 6 moving forward meaning someone like Young could ask to be traded back to Vic

Agree - however Young will end up in the midfield IMHO.

I want the world's tallest wingman or Henry and just have a forward line of Henry, Henry and Walters and kick grubber kicks in from CHB

I agree, but maybe the club rank him that highly that he is #6 on our board, and the next best option left at our pick is a forward/mid we rank #12. In that case we pick Chapman even if we view him as a defender. But if we have Chapman ranked say #11, then it is a hard decision.

The club would also know best about the fitness of Hamling and Pearce, or the ability to move some of our current defenders into different positions.

I don't think we would be risking Young. The players we would lose would be the likes of Hughes and Duman, which may happen regardless.

Agree - however Young will end up in the midfield IMHO.

I want the world's tallest wingman or Henry and just have a forward line of Henry, Henry and Walters and kick grubber kicks in from CHB
Am not really too keen on Henry he has said after 2 years he’d want to go back to Geelong and play with his brother

Quite amusing this stuff about Perkins...would think a few Victorian clubs might think twice about him too re saying he is doesn't want to go interstate. Maybe he is like Buckley (remember that) when he got drafted by Brisbane, was a dead cert he would soon go to Collingwood as that was where he wanted to be.

Wonder what club Perkins is passionate about and supports....cause I'll be that where he finishes up if he turns out okay.

Probably with everything that's been said by the club and with what likely will be available at our pick, I reckon the best available 189+cm player with heaps of pace and a demonstrated ability to kick a goal or five might be the go at our first selection.

I agree, but maybe the club rank him that highly that he is #6 on our board, and the next best option left at our pick is a forward/mid we rank #12. In that case we pick Chapman even if we view him as a defender. But if we have Chapman ranked say #11, then it is a hard decision.

The club would also know best about the fitness of Hamling and Pearce, or the ability to move some of our current defenders into different positions.

I don't think we would be risking Young. The players we would lose would be the likes of Hughes and Duman, which may happen regardless.
Young could move up to the wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From AFL Draft Central Chapmans key attributes from his testing are:

COMBINE TESTING HIGHLIGHTS:

National Combine:

2km time trial – 6 minutes, 30 seconds

Preseason:
Running Vertical Jump (L) – 78cm
Speed (20m) – 3.03 seconds
Endurance (yo-yo test) – 21.6

So speed, endurance and athletic ability basically. Is there a reason why we wouldn't see him as a wingman in the future?

From AFL Draft Central Chapmans key attributes from his testing are:

COMBINE TESTING HIGHLIGHTS:

National Combine:

2km time trial – 6 minutes, 30 seconds

Preseason:
Running Vertical Jump (L) – 78cm
Speed (20m) – 3.03 seconds
Endurance (yo-yo test) – 21.6

So speed, endurance and athletic ability basically. Is there a reason why we wouldn't see him as a wingman in the future?
Bell basically said we do. That or inside long term. Not sure how quick he plays but 3.03 is decent for 193cm.

Might be time for us to readjust our priorities when drafting players because looking through these lads there is a lot of athletic traits and skill but where is the **** ing HATE

Apart from a handful of mid size players who have a bit of a hard edge about them the big fellows are bunch of gangly bloody vegans who seem embarrassed to be bigger than everyone

I’m sure they would be amazing if you were drafting a volleyball team

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Ask and you shall receive. Don't think the term "ball player" will be used too many times in relation to young josh.

Ask and you shall receive. Don't think the term "ball player" will be used too many times in relation to young josh.

It’s always nice too see the recruiters respecting your wishes

I don’t expect it all the time

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Have zero doubt this approach does players little favours long term. IMO probably shows a mental weakness. 18yo can’t live away from family is a bit small town mentality or arrogance either way not a great start.

May be not initial contracts but what happens if Perkins is stuck behind their first choice midfielders for two years, alternatively when his FA comes up significantly reduces prospective contract offers with vic clubs only.

Cerra took the chance now a first choice player in a side where he will be in centre squat next decade.

When RFA comes around have zero doubt the amount of cash he will receive from Freo or others will Ben more than Smith.

Back