Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Zane Trew

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

20-35 range
Do you think Western will be bid on before or after Walker?
At this stage we will do well to get 2 live picks in before these two are bid on. And we’ll have to either trade out existing players for picks or use 2021 picks to match the bids.
a lot of people suggesting that clubs will start to pass after pick 50 this year. Will that mean effectively that late third round picks onwards are null and void, or worthless?

Do you think Western will be bid on before or after Walker?
At this stage we will do well to get 2 live picks in before these two are bid on. And we’ll have to either trade out existing players for picks or use 2021 picks to match the bids.
a lot of people suggesting that clubs will start to pass after pick 50 this year. Will that mean effectively that late third round picks onwards are null and void, or worthless?
I don’t think he gets a top 30 bid but could get one from then onwards. I’d do whatever you can to make sure you don’t trade out or go into deficit again for next year

Also should mention Josh Draper is one of our 2022 NGA prospects given JA mentions him.
I don’t think he gets a top 30 bid but could get one from then onwards. I’d do whatever you can to make sure you don’t trade out or go into deficit again for next year
Should be a lot easier to cover two 2nd round bids (minus the 197 points each) than a top 10 bid like last year. JUH is going to be expensive for the Dogs but worth it.

Claremont vs Peel stat line for some notable players (Alvarez is our academy kid)

13ALVAREZ Samuel1251721021000

28LANE Kalin3912112300000

5WINDER Isiah15112695042111

6FARMER Kobe821035012322

Good game from Kobe, probably not gonna rack up 15+ possession games this year, but he's tracking well

The more I think about this years off season the more I reckon we either trade our second for a player (Brayshaw salary dump) or combine it with our first to move up the draft order. I would be looking for a late third and fourth coming back to assist with points for Western or Walker(S)

I don’t think we need wholesale player changes this year as there is good synergy building in the playing group.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The more I think about this years off season the more I reckon we either trade our second for a player (Brayshaw salary dump) or combine it with our first to move up the draft order. I would be looking for a late third and fourth coming back to assist with points for Western or Walker(S)

I don’t think we need wholesale player changes this year as there is good synergy building in the playing group.

This would be a good strategy If we end up winning a few games and pushing up the ladder. The points deficit is larger as we move further down the draft order.
we could end up with something like pick 8 and pick 25 in trade week. If western or walker are projecting to be bid before pick 30 (which pick 25 will slide back to on draft night at the very least), then trading pick 8 and pick 25 for something like pick 5 and two picks in the 50s or 60s would work nicely. Those picks will jump up the draft order a fair bit as clubs are matching bids during the night, and its their value at the time of the bid that counts when it comes to matching.

This would be a good strategy If we end up winning a few games and pushing up the ladder. The points deficit is larger as we move further down the draft order.
we could end up with something like pick 8 and pick 25 in trade week. If western or walker are projecting to be bid before pick 30 (which pick 25 will slide back to on draft night at the very least), then trading pick 8 and pick 25 for something like pick 5 and two picks in the 50s or 60s would work nicely. Those picks will jump up the draft order a fair bit as clubs are matching bids during the night, and its their value at the time of the bid that counts when it comes to matching.

Let’s say bids come in at around 25 -30

Pick 25 - requires pick 33
Pick 30 - requires pick 39

If we have 2 thirds and fourth going into the draft (trade in a future third) we should have sufficient points without deficit for Walker and Western and get a good draft hand again next year

If we have 2 thirds and fourth going into the draft (trade in a future third) we should have sufficient points without deficit for Walker and Western and get a good draft hand again next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also remember the deficits come from the rounds the bids happen in. So if we go into deficit once a bid comes in the 2nd round, it goes off our future 2nd (not our 1st).

Unless they've changed the rules again and I haven't heard.

The afl really are not great custodians of our game.
Consistently tinkering with rules & regs. trying to create their own narrative 2 minute & then bending over for the Melbourne block, headed by the likes of Eddie..
We badly need a good custodian, who is not just interested in making money.

Possible list size reductions, weak and large amount of academy players teams may not want to use more than 2 draft picks.

Third round picks in this draft maybe pretty worthless.

I don't want go into deficit Walker or Western as the following draft will have better value and we need possible points for future NGA/FS players.

Interesting what we do.

Winder from Peel, I’ve not seen him play, what are his key features, and disposal like?

He’s a small nuggety forward from the games I’ve seen (last year). Mercurial but also a touch frustrating.

From his 2020 stats it looks like he’s playing more up the field and possibly in the midfield. Got promoted to league last week and was quiet but so we’re most Peel players and was relegated back to colts, but that could’ve been a move to strengthen the colts rather than anything else.

Back