• Nathan O'Driscoll

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Zane Trew

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming that we end up with pick 15 I think the following players will be already gone: JUH, DGB, Tilthorpe, McDonald, Cox, Ried, Chapman, Campbell, Jones, Hollands, Phillips, Perkins, Henry and Bruhn

We won't reach for a tall so the group we can pick from include Cook, O'Driscoll, McRae, Carroll, Poulter and Powell. A decent bunch to choose from.

Of that lot I would probably plump for Cook for the outside flair and goal scoring.
Possibly right, but Cox and Reid are not ‘must haves’ in that range due to them both needing quite a bit of physical development with some uncertainty about their future roles at afl level (especially Cox). I could see one of them being available.

Also, both Henry and Braun sit at the fringes of that range and I could plausibly see a club opting for the skill set of your next tier. I am not seeing a chasm in quality between those two and your next tier.

I think any of Cook, O'Driscoll, McRae and Carroll could be taken before 15.

Assuming that we end up with pick 15 I think the following players will be already gone: JUH, DGB, Tilthorpe, McDonald, Cox, Ried, Chapman, Campbell, Jones, Hollands, Phillips, Perkins, Henry and Bruhn

We won't reach for a tall so the group we can pick from include Cook, O'Driscoll, McRae, Carroll, Poulter and Powell. A decent bunch to choose from.

Of that lot I would probably plump for Cook for the outside flair and goal scoring.

That's a massive call! And now I'll make one :p

I think we'll be picking the best of who's available out of Cox, Reid, Henry, Carroll, Cook. 3 of them could well be available imo.

You could be right. Knightmare too doesn't think so - has Cox rated number 20 and Reid not in his top 20 (rankings).
Decent talls are usually swooped on early. Market forces. For every good tall there would be about 5 or 6 good mids.

Decent talls are usually swooped on early. Market forces. For every good tall there would be about 5 or 6 good mids.
By "decent" do you mean guys who are good intercept markers in areas which we are well stocked, or do you mean a 200cm midfielder because they have good skills, or do you mean a powerful marking and long kicking key forward that we are in dire need of because imo Cox and Reid aren't the latter.

By "decent" do you mean guys who are good intercept markers in areas which we are well stocked, or do you mean a 200cm midfielder because they have good skills, or do you mean a powerful marking and long kicking key forward that we are in dire need of because imo Cox and Reid aren't the latter.

Are getting one at pick 15?

I was really just hoping that picking Cox would rub off some of his athletic traits onto Dixon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really just hoping that picking Cox would rub off some of his athletic traits onto Dixon.
My feeling is that Cox is another Daniel Bandy or Kepler Bradley.

The guy should be considered a tall winger or half back and not Key position player.

For me it's similar to drafting a Lane or Mallard just because they are tall and expecting them to turn into a gun forward. If we really want a KF let's try to draft a true one.

Whilst they aren’t now, you don’t think they could develop into one? Or do you think a KF has to start out as one before this point?

Do you know if our team like O'Driscoll? Would he be in the mix at 15?

He’s a really interesting one for me based around BF. He started out being an obvious one for us with most projecting him to be picked around our mark, then he got promoted to league and suddenly some started moving him up their boards, then he excelled at the combine and he was further promoted, then Twomey left him out of his top 25 and most went cold on him with a handful sticking firm to this point.

As a result, not many if any have him going to us or close to it - some have him going before our pick and some well after.

He’s a really interesting one for me based around BF. He started out being an obvious one for us with most projecting him to be picked around our mark, then he got promoted to league and suddenly some started moving him up their boards, then he excelled at the combine and he was further promoted, then Twomey left him out of his top 25 and most went cold on him with a handful sticking firm to this point.

As a result, not many if any have him going to us or close to it - some have him going before our pick and some well after.

Odd isn't it. Maybe he tested poorly in an interview.

Back