Fantasy 2021 — ALPHA League - Discussion

If I had pick 1.02 I’d trade for Darnold…………..maybe
Oh you can all laugh. Look at the Lombardi stats I posted. When Jets were in front and running a balanced offence his stats were way better. A lot of times Jets were behind and abandoned the run game. With McCafferty and co …

Just because I love to help make him stronger and unbeatable, I have made a terrible deal with NDG:

I give pick 1.05, 1.11 and Mike Gesicki.

NDG gives Austin Ekeler, Antonio Gibson, Terry McLaurin, Jalen Hurts and 2022 Rd 1 Pick

Have at it. Everyone loves a good trade to kick off the season right?

NakedDeadGuy

Just because I love to help make him stronger and unbeatable, I have made a terrible deal with NDG:

NDG gives Austin Ekeler, Antonio Gibson, Terry McLaurin, Jalen Hurts and 2022 Rd 1 Pick

NakedDeadGuy

Done.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

NakedDeadGuy
Tell me who to drop if i cant fit them in

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I think it makes sense for both sides.

Manu gets more competitive and NDG gets to take Pitts or Chase at 1.05 and extend the ceiling for his team by only eating into this depth.

It'll suck for NDG if Watson doesn't play because he's a serial sex offender and/or Rodgers actually retires to host Jeopardy! rather than having deal to deal with Gutes though 😂

Bearing in mind this is what I would do -

1 Dspeed with one fantastic trade now has the need in this league for a 3rd QB, and for mine, the pick is Fields.

2 - Tuna has a hole at QB, easy pick Lawrence. Did I miss how gg gave this one up?

3 - Warriors also have a QB need, this is where it just comes down to preference. Jets being Jets, I'd go with Lance, even though he may sit this season.

4 - In what's becoming a trend, Domination also has QB needs. I'd either pick Wilson and hope for the best, or offer someone (like me!) the pick for 1.12 and see if I'd throw in Rodgers & a Gibson/Cooks. I probably wouldn't do that so we'll stick with Wilson as the pick.

5 - Me - Pitts (der)

6 - Dspeed, thanks to his fantastic trading has a terrific choice here - trade the pick for 1.12+, or take his pick of the RBs to pair with JT going forward? If the pick stays, I'd probably go with Etienne - although JRob is a roadblock, draft capital and talent is the way to go. I still say RB is a bigger need than WR on this team. Gee it’s hard to pass up Chase here though...

7 - Balmain has needs everywhere besides TE - the most important position in Alpha is QB, we'll take a chance on Belichick and pick Mac Jones.

8 - Tuna biggest hole at this stage is RB, which is great for him because it makes Najee Harris a very easy pick.

9 - Domination gets another crack, with a lot of needs I'd probably try to trade out again for multiple players/picks. If he stays, go with the BPA, who I think is Waddle. I just can’t believe Chase would last this long.

10 - Lenny now gets to take Waddle.

11 - Me - probably Javonte here still.

12 - Me - If I stay here, Id likely take a shot at the future and take Kellen Mond, who I'm pretty sure would go somewhere in the 2nd round of this format.

Updated.

NakedDeadGuy
What’s he need Gesicki for if he’s going to take Pitts? Hmm

Insurance. Just in case Pitts does go before one of the QBs, I’ll actually have a startable TE.

I’d be interested to see anyone else have a crack at a mock too.
Well when you look at that trade, you’ve given up a fair bit for two firsts and a sub. Could have split trade in two pre and post draft.

You don’t know what you’re doing… no wonder you’ve never won 4 championships in a row and only 5 of the last 9. Plus destroyed me in only 11 of the last 12 seasons in H2h. Hmmphh!!

Well when you look at that trade, you’ve given up a fair bit for two firsts and a sub. Could have split trade in two pre and post draft.

You don’t know what you’re doing… no wonder you’ve never won 4 championships in a row and only 5 of the last 9. Plus destroyed me in only 11 of the last 12 seasons in H2h. Hmmphh!!
That's why if it was anyone else people may raise and eyebrow... but this fella has been ******* us up year after year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure why NDG is doing what he did. For so long hes deservedly lorded it over us, not making trades of key players because the league is so driven by QB RB WR. Dominating in those positions, so many guns, to even pry something away required too much. He sat on his throne therefore and everyone else tried to play catch up by making millions of good and bad and awful trades, trying to gather more pieces at QB RB WR to challenge him. And there have been recent challanges...tgbb, dspeed, drd23, dagless...rosters starting to challenge. Kind of reminded of the EPL, no salary cap, just a couple teams loaded with all the best players, only 2 or 3 max genuine contenders.

Dont understand why hed feel the urge to trade away such strong pieces for draft picks and a TE and be focused on drafting TE Pitts. Who often dont pan out anyway. Positions like DE, TE, so unimportant in the washup when you have 3 or 4 elite QBs, 4 elite RBs, 4 elite WRs. Like NDG did/does. Who cares about Pitts? Or having two TEs? He couldve traded 2nd-4ths on guys like Tonyan, Ebron, Smith or speculative TEs like Herndon, Shultz and what not. Because it doesnt matter that much when youre so loaded at QB/RB/WR.

Chances still are, he has three 1sts, he drafts best QB available like Mond or Fields or Jones, somehow gets Javonte Williams or Najee Harris, somehow gets say Terrace Marshall or such, with all three 1sts and Pitts not even cared about, or maybe even still getting Pitts with a 2nd.

In short, either hes smokescreening, still gonna end up with say Jones, Williams, Marshall and still finds a way to get Pitts in the 2nd....or....hes finally softening and letting pieces go to even up the league a little.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
McLaurin star fading just a little with no good qb in washington, run focused game. Maybe. But letting Gibson go in that trade given Washington run focused now is odd.

McLaurin traded away if youre intending to draft a new studly WR in a better situation in the NFL, better qb, more pass focused. Maybe too Ekeler, Herbert will be more vertical thrower now, Ekeler less work perhaps, especially if youre looking to draft a RB like Najee Harris or Williams.

Hurts and Gibson out tho is iffy. You dont trade away QBs in alpha. You hoard them and lord it over franchises ****ed scraping together 1 or 2 starters at best. Eg, Riders situation for so long. You dont have QBs youre immediately no contender, struggle to win more than 6 games out of the 14.

Not for Gesicki, Kelce, Kittle, Pitts. They dont matter, dont change franchises around per se.

Ndg will be even stronger imo....a wr and rb that replace mclaurin and ekeler, get more fantasy work. Hurts out is a loss but he probably still lands a boom qb like fields or lance or mond. Has gesicki now, and will get pitts in the 2nd, but if not will get next best one anyway, and so will be strong at TE finally and not miss a beat at QB Rb Wr.

Hurts is a good fantasy QB, not a good NFL QB though. Might have a year or two of relevance, but then gone. Terry is a loss for me, but I don’t think I even started him once last year, very similar to Gibson.
It’s no smokescreen, if Pitts is there I’m taking him. If not I’ll nab the QB that doesn’t go. I figure one of Chase, Waddle, Harris, Etienne, Williams or Smith will be there at 11, and Mond at 12 or if I get an earlier QB who knows?

Back