NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers are "down to" Alabama QB Mac Jones and North Dakota State QB Trey Lance at No. 3 overall.
We have an extremely difficult time believing the 49ers would trade up to No. 3 overall without knowing who the pick was, but we suppose stranger things have happened. Something else that keeps happening is names other than Jones getting leaked while Jones never really leaves the picture. It would seem the Niners have been locked in on Jones all along but are trying to create a narrative of uncertainty. They have no need to smokescreen since the first two picks are locked in and they cannot be be jumped, so that would admittedly be odd. Perhaps this is the rare time where a team in the Niners' situation really does not know what they will do four days from now. The preponderance of evidence says they will select Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 25, 2021, 10:01 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers are "down to" Alabama QB Mac Jones and North Dakota State QB Trey Lance at No. 3 overall.
We have an extremely difficult time believing the 49ers would trade up to No. 3 overall without knowing who the pick was, but we suppose stranger things have happened. Something else that keeps happening is names other than Jones getting leaked while Jones never really leaves the picture. It would seem the Niners have been locked in on Jones all along but are trying to create a narrative of uncertainty. They have no need to smokescreen since the first two picks are locked in and they cannot be be jumped, so that would admittedly be odd. Perhaps this is the rare time where a team in the Niners' situation really does not know what they will do four days from now. The preponderance of evidence says they will select Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 25, 2021, 10:01 PM ET
Find it laughable to consider they haven’t decided already

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Find it laughable to consider they haven’t decided already
and that its between Mac jones and a dude who has played 1 game in 18 months. while Justin Fields is sitting there.

If they pass on Fields the Falcons would be beyond incompetent to pass on him

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
rules will be like most years. no tipping picks before announced on the broadcasts. so some who are following by twitter and not watching will need to be careful and wait till nfl website updates pick by pick.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I would say that someone will spend a 1st round pick on someone that should be a day 2 or 3 pick. but there is a good chance that happens at pick 3 and also happens most years.

first round will be heavy on offense. so my bold prediction is that there will be 10 or less picks spend on the defensive side in the first round. and only 1 in the top 10.

I would say that someone will spend a 1st round pick on someone that should be a day 2 or 3 pick. but there is a good chance that happens at pick 3 and also happens most years.

first round will be heavy on offense. so my bold prediction is that there will be 10 or less picks spend on the defensive side in the first round. and only 1 in the top 10.
I had considered the same (re defensive players). 10 is very bold and I commend you

Back