NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Florida redshirt senior QB Kyle Trask will enter the 2021 NFL Draft.
On the old side for a prospect, Trask will turn 23 in March. A Heisman finalist, Trask led the coronavirus-shortened 2020 FBS season with 4,283 yards and 43 passing scores to just eight interceptions. Although somewhat of a late bloomer, Trask also had a strong 2019. Trask stands in at 6-foot-5, but he isn't anyone's idea of an amazing athlete. Day 2 would probably be a good outcome for him as a draft prospect, though Day 1 can't be entirely written off.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Dec 31, 2020, 6:31 PM ET

Florida redshirt senior QB Kyle Trask will enter the 2021 NFL Draft.
On the old side for a prospect, Trask will turn 23 in March. A Heisman finalist, Trask led the coronavirus-shortened 2020 FBS season with 4,283 yards and 43 passing scores to just eight interceptions. Although somewhat of a late bloomer, Trask also had a strong 2019. Trask stands in at 6-foot-5, but he isn't anyone's idea of an amazing athlete. Day 2 would probably be a good outcome for him as a draft prospect, though Day 1 can't be entirely written off.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Dec 31, 2020, 6:31 PM ET
well yesterday didnt help his stock.
5INT's in the SEC season, 3 in the first Q of the bowl game. 2 of them INT's that deserve to get you taken off a draft board. one a blind throw to the far side. the other looking right at the first read the whole time and threw it to the DB.

well yesterday didnt help his stock.
5INT's in the SEC season, 3 in the first Q of the bowl game. 2 of them INT's that deserve to get you taken off a draft board. one a blind throw to the far side. the other looking right at the first read the whole time and threw it to the DB.
Yeah, choking in Bowl games is a big red flag

Not surprised that TrasHk put in that performance,been looking at QBs all year and he hasn't Impressed me whatsoever. Jimmy Clausen vibes. <shudder>

Not surprised that TrasHk put in that performance,been looking at QBs all year and he hasn't Impressed me whatsoever. Jimmy Clausen vibes. <shudder>
That's generous. But at least he didnt get punched in the face by a fan in a bar post game like Clausen did.

Given his size he will end up in Denver as another on the list of s**t QB's Elway falls in love with.

Talking about bowl games, not that I think it has changed his draft stock but Zach Wilson definitely didn’t choke in his bowl game. You could tell from the first games this season he had gone up a level!
UCF werent a good team this year to compete against BYU in this Bowl, he had a favorable match, but yeah, he hasnt disappointed in his career. Surefire top 3 pick

UCF werent a good team this year to compete against BYU in this Bowl, he had a favorable match, but yeah, he hasnt disappointed in his career. Surefire top 3 pick
Yeah they were well overmatched. I think the draft order is the only thing preventing that. With Miami holding the 3 spot although think they are a good trade down target. If they stick and pick though I think Sewell will be too hard to pass up. Atlanta at 4 though with a new GM and HC could very well want to kick start with a new QB and it would be a great landing spot for Wilson to be productive straight away!

BYU junior QB Zach Wilson has declared for the 2021 NFL Draft.
21-year-old Wilson is a true junior, and heads into the league coming off a monster campaign where he averaged 11.0 yards per attempt while posting a 33:3 TD:INT total. He completed 73.4 percent of his 2020 passes and added 10 scores with his legs. Comfortable both from the pocket and as an improviser, scrambling dual threat Wilson could end up the No. 2 quarterback off the board behind Clemson's Trevor Lawrence. He seems assured of being a first-round pick.
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Jan 1, 2021, 5:52 PM ET

Yeah they were well overmatched. I think the draft order is the only thing preventing that. With Miami holding the 3 spot although think they are a good trade down target. If they stick and pick though I think Sewell will be too hard to pass up. Atlanta at 4 though with a new GM and HC could very well want to kick start with a new QB and it would be a great landing spot for Wilson to be productive straight away!
The Jets will probably stick with Darnold and be in a great spot to get a bounty of picks. Therell be a number of teams dying for Wilson, so the market will drive up the asking price for the #2 spot. Broncos, Falcons, Panthers, 49ers, Vikings will all make offers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is everyone forgetting about Justin Fields??? I mean I love Zach Wilson don’t get me wrong but surely he hasn’t gone past Fields

Is everyone forgetting about Justin Fields??? I mean I love Zach Wilson don’t get me wrong but surely he hasn’t gone past Fields

Easy to say after today's game. Where were you after Indiana and Northwestern. 😂

Easy to say after today's game. Where were you after Indiana and Northwestern. 😂
Cmon mate, I think we’ve had this chat multiple times over on Sleeper. I’ve always had Fields number 2, I don’t mind a few bad games but the entire body of work is solid for Fields. Wilson was supposed to break out last year and had an awful season, whether it was due to injury on and off or what it was but he wasn’t half the player he is now. I think it would be interesting if Trey Lance had played this year where he a Zach Wilson would sit in the pecking order I reckon because the knock on Lance is going to be probably hasn’t had 300 attempts at college level but from that one year as a starter it was very good! Even the one game showcase after he shook off the rust he was outstanding!

Cmon mate, I think we’ve had this chat multiple times over on Sleeper. I’ve always had Fields number 2, I don’t mind a few bad games but the entire body of work is solid for Fields. Wilson was supposed to break out last year and had an awful season, whether it was due to injury on and off or what it was but he wasn’t half the player he is now. I think it would be interesting if Trey Lance had played this year where he a Zach Wilson would sit in the pecking order I reckon because the knock on Lance is going to be probably hasn’t had 300 attempts at college level but from that one year as a starter it was very good! Even the one game showcase after he shook off the rust he was outstanding!

I'm not denying you said Fields was your #2. Just saying it's easy to jump back on the "he's the clear #2" bandwagon after yesterday's game.

Im not sold on Lance. Prefer Mac Jones myself. But I like the upside.

Jets fans back to their insufferable best this morning across plenty of forms of social media after realising the world doesn't end if they don't get Trevor Lawrence.

Suddenly pick 2 is even better than having pick 1 according to portions of the fanbase coz they have so many more options. Ok guys 😂👍

If Jags do take Fields, Jets would probably be keen on Lawrence, trade Darnold, and it would be THE miami dolphins at 3 who would steal a bounty of picks from the Falcons, Panthers, Broncos for Wilson. Or, maybe the Dolphins draft Wilson and trade Tua if theyre not sold on him.

Lot of interesting what ifs happen, even if most are wild

As I posted in the Jaguars thread.....Ohio State Urban Meyer or Ryan Day are expected to be the next HC of the Jaguars, and thus, #1 overall selection could end up being Ohio State Justin Fields.

Wow, sir, Jets

You sound like a Jets fan. This is the type of garbage they are spewing this morning. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back