NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically the grey rinse set who attend sporting contests armed with their folding chairs, crocheted blankets and tea cozies, tupperware container full of apricot slices and cheer for their team or more specifically a "good looking boy from a solid family" who can do nothing wrong.

They makeup about 50% of the Adelaide Football Club membership.

I don't know its transferrable. We're uniquely stale.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
The fact the owners are still pushing for the 17th game to start this season and the cap to drop is amazing. like the sheer greed from the owners is something you rarely even see in movies/TV

Maybe not such an interesting point to some given the numbers he put up this season but Devonta Smith says Mac Jones is a better QB than Tua.

Miami should listen to Devonta.

Some people suggesting Tua would be the number 2 QB taken this year if he was in the draft are kidding themselves after what we saw this year. Did people actually watch him at all? I'd have him at QB6.

Last edited:
Also in other delusions I've heard, Mel Kiper says if the Jets traded Darnold and draft Zach Wilson it's a sideways move. 😂

Again, does he actually watch NFL games or is he still going off the raging hard on he had for Darnold when at USC?

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe not such an interesting point to some given the numbers he put up this season but Devonta Smith says Mac Jones is a better QB than Tua.

Miami should listen to Devonta.

Some people suggesting Tua would be the number 2 QB taken this year if he was in the draft are kidding themselves after what we saw this year. Did people actually watch him at all? I'd have him at QB6.

Of course the guy is going to say the QB he had a historic and Heisman trophy winning season with was the better QB.

Haven't seen Tua being called QB2 anywhere, that is a shocking call.

I am very cautious on your man Wilson.

Of course the guy is going to say the QB he had a historic and Heisman trophy winning season with was the better QB.

Haven't seen Tua being called QB2 anywhere, that is a shocking call.

I am very cautious on your man Wilson.

Exactly what I mean, people will say of course he said that. But maybe he is just better. (It's not exactly a high bar anyway on what we've seen from Tua in the pros)

McShay or Kiper said they reckon Tua would be QB2 , can't remember which one , heard it on a podcast the other day.

What troubles you with Wilson? Lemme guess, coz he didn't play for a big college? 🙃

Dannyreed

All Australian
Aug 2, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Exactly what I mean, people will say of course he said that. But maybe he is just better. (It's not exactly a high bar anyway on what we've seen from Tua in the pros)

McShay or Kiper said they reckon Tua would be QB2 , can't remember which one , heard it on a podcast the other day.

What troubles you with Wilson? Lemme guess, coz he didn't play for a big college? 🙃
Yeah I can't remember who it was but someone did say that about Tua being QB2 in this draft but that was if he had come off his last college season. It wouldn't include the knowledge they have of how he played in the NFL as we obviously have no knowledge of how any of these new kids have played in the NFL. Also I think his 6 games is such a small sample size especially when you consider he is a rookie in a new system and the whole offense was up and down all year, that team wasn't getting to the playoffs on the back of that offense.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I haven't seen a heap of Wilson to be completely honest but it's just that I feel his type typically doesn't work out. Big college? You don't see many elite QBs coming from a 'big school' for the most part anyway do you?

Depending on what you consider a big school, I just flicked through the Wiki of starting QBs as of Week 17. Chose 7 came from a big school in my opinion.

I haven't seen a heap of Wilson to be completely honest but it's just that I feel his type typically doesn't work out. Big college? You don't see many elite QBs coming from a 'big school' for the most part anyway do you?

Depending on what you consider a big school, I just flicked through the Wiki of starting QBs as of Week 17. Chose 7 came from a big school in my opinion.

What exactly is his type? A qb who has a rocket for an arm and the ability to make s**t happen outside the pocket when the play breaks down isnt the type that does all that well in the NFL?

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What exactly is his type? A qb who has a rocket for an arm and the ability to make sh*t happen outside the pocket when the play breaks down isnt the type that does all that well in the NFL?

Oh he's actually a lot taller than I thought he was. I just am cautious on flashy white QBs tbh lol. Not that I am hoping he doesn't do well or anything, would like him to be a great player.

I don't get the BYU thing though, does this guy legit not * or drink?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh he's actually a lot taller than I thought he was. I just am cautious on flashy white QBs tbh lol. Not that I am hoping he doesn't do well or anything, would like him to be a great player.

I don't get the BYU thing though, does this guy legit not fu** or drink?

He went to his prom with two ladies I heard.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler "expects" the top-four rookie quarterbacks to go inside the top-10 overall picks in the 2021 NFL Draft.

The four quarterbacks are Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, and Trey Lance. Fowler believes Mac Jones would be next but that his physical limitations could keep him outside of the top-10 mix. That's the belief of many draft analysts. Of the four he mentions, Lance's range of outcomes are the widest as a small-school prospect (North Dakota State) with just one year of experience. Lance's physical tools will likely make him an attractive lotto ticket somewhere in the first half of Round 1.

SOURCE: DCR Podcast
Feb 26, 2021, 10:28 PM ET

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Im sick of reading the name Mac Jones.

he ******* sucks hes a one year starter at the most gifted college in the country.

anyone that takes him in round 1 should be laughed and ridiculed at.
Just to play devil's advocate - you can say the same thing about Joe Burrow ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back