NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

You asked this before and i google searched and found many instances of not just one but multiple drafts where he kept changing his mind, and showed it to you, it was a year or two ago. Im sure you remember that.

I remember it, we all had a good laugh, you found like two pages of evidence. 😂

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyway, have far more respect for guys like Mayock in the past, Pauline now, who scout literally everyone. And also JT because he really opens the world of QB play, play design/concepts, protections, etc up to the everyday person....and you tangibly feel yourself getting smarter and more knowledgable, and also what to look for when watching film. Hes a worthwhile analyst worth subscribing to. Simms only provides entertainment and superficial analysis like say Dungy on the half time report and such.

I don't get why people care so much if he goes #2 or #20 anyway. He'll have plenty of opportunity to earn money either way if hes good enough.

One of the better mocks I've heard:

For those that CBF listening, top 20

1. Lawrence JAX
2. Wilson NYJ
3. Lance SF
4. Pitts ATL
5. Sewell CIN
6. Chase MIA
7. Jones (Pats trade up) NE
8. Fields CAR
9. Parsons DEN
10. Surtain DAL
11. Rousseau NYG
12. Smith PHI
13. Slater LAC
14. Paye MIN
15. Waddle DET
16. Horn ARZ
17. Jenkins OAK
18. Vera-Tucker MIA
19. Owusu-Koramoah WFT
20. Darrisaw CHI

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams interested in acquiring Atlanta's No. 4 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

It's not all that surprising, considering the Falcons' first rounder is the last chance for a team outside the top-10 to move into range for one of the draft's top quarterbacks. Breer said his "guess has been that the Falcons will stick at No. 4 and take a quarterback, because I don’t think they want to count on picking that high again and this happens to be a really strong year at the position." A rookie would likely sit in 2021 while Matt Ryan, 36 in May, enters the stretch run of his Falcons career. With Deshaun Watson in legal limbo and seemingly un-tradable, watch for a QB-desperate team like the Broncos, Patriots, or Panthers to mortgage the proverbial farm to acquire Atlanta's pick. Moving outside the top half of the draft would of course mean the Falcons won't land Kyle Pitts.
RELATED:
SOURCE: SI.com
Apr 5, 2021, 10:26 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
TL; DR

The strongest correlations found among traditional stats & athletic traits were:

Relative Athletic Score: 0.304

Total Yards / Game Started: 0.35

TDs / Game Started: 0.41

Yards / Game Started: 0.413

The QBs who threw 100+ TDs, with 3+ TDs per game and 300+ yards per game have had an extremely high success rate (4/5 since 2015).

- Pat Mahomes (10th overall; 2nd QB taken)
- Deshaun Watson (12th overall; 3rd QB taken)
- Dak Prescott (4th Rd Pick)
- Lamar Jackson (32nd Overall; 5th QB taken)
- Marcus Mariota (2nd overall; 2nd QB taken)

Trevor Lawrence is the only 2021 draft QB to do this.

The 2nd half of the article is prospect profiles with statistical comps, positives, negatives, and comps for ceiling, most likely, and floor scenarios for each QB expected to go in the 2021 draft. Prospect profiles were made with help of u/Mbrr1214, who posted his QB profiles to r/NFL_Draft as an OC [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/mbot2h/mbrr1214s_qb_rankings_profiles/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share)

BPA at #8 at least, excited about those possibilities.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us take either Surtain or Horn now. Slater well and truly in play now.

Pitts or Sewell would be ideal but don't see it.

Edit: trading back also in play big time now

Last edited:
Back