NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What benefit is there to them keeping the pick hidden? Its not like they can get their pick sniped because the Jags and Jets won't be trading their picks away and seem like their are set to pick Lawrence and Wilson respectively
Umm signal that they’re taking Jones to get someone (the pats) to trade Jimmy G from them?

I can see broncos trading up to 7

Think Bengals and especially Phins will stay where they are
This tweet....

For the teams just outside the top 10 it would be a gift if 5 QBs were taken in the top 10.

I could even see teams interested in trading up to the low teens to get Jaylen Waddle or DeVonta Smith.

Also if Edge Rusher #1 is available at 14 for the Vikings it's guaranteed that'll be their pick.

Last edited:
If we take Darrisaw at #8 it's pretty clear we don't know what we are doing re: how to draft and trade.
He hasn't put team names in the post for a reason

He hasn't put team names in the post for a reason

Anyone trading up to #8 for Darrisaw would be dumb also. There's a possibility that the Chargers could sit at their pick and still get their choice of Slater or Darrisaw.

I don't think the Giants go tackle two years in a row with first round picks.

No way someone is ponying up to trade ahead of fields and Lance for a non-QB

Exactly. And a lot of teams directly behind #8 aren't in the market for a tackle really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

download-1.png

tenor.gif

Falcons should just take a qb themselves. , I'd be trying to trade Ryan while he still has a bit of trade value. Better to be a bit early than late

Falcons should just take a qb themselves. , I'd be trying to trade Ryan while he still has a bit of trade value. Better to be a bit early than late

Nice in theory, BUT who in their right mind, is going to take Ryan's contract on.

Atlanta would be better getting a Phins type deal ......... three ones and a two.

Or here is a novel idea.

Just taking the best player in the draft Kyle Pitts.

Nice in theory, BUT who in their right mind, is going to take Ryan's contract on.

Atlanta would be better getting a Phins type deal ......... three ones and a two.

Or here is a novel idea.

Just taking the best player in the draft Kyle Pitts.

Atlanta would being paying a decent potion of his contract in dead cap if they trade him wouldn't they?

Why do you think teams are still interested in Bridgewater...it's sure not his 22 mil dollar contract, it's coz Carolina would be paying around 90% of it if they trade him.

Atlanta can't trade him this year because the dead money cap hit would send them over the salary cap by $35m

If they were to trade him next off-season his new team would have him on the books for $24m in 2022 and $28m in 2023

Thank you Mr Drd. I tried making sense of those Astronomical figures and gave up. 65m wtf.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
That's what happens when you keep kicking the can down the road by re-structuring big contracts to create cap space in the current year.

Signing bonuses paid to players eventually need to count against the cap at some point - and from what I can decipher, there are 3 different pro-rated signing bonuses that make up the $24,912,500 that appears in the column for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back