List Mgmt. Draft, Sign, Trade, Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

As you predicted

IMG_3441.PNG

I also may have tweeted it to get them to hurry up and announce it 😂

Bang on!!!!
reading up on her, it looks a strange call to overlook her.

But i guess that's what a state based system does....
The issue is that people focus too much on speed at times, and yeah she lacks that a bit, but it doesn't actually impact the way she plays. She is skilful, smart and covers the ground incredibly well. She missed eight months of footy due to lockdowns in Northern NSW, and in her second game back, dominated against the Oakleigh Chargers. She was thrown around at HF in the champs, but she's an inside midfielder, and her character is as good as anyone's I've come across.

View attachment 1436252

I also may have tweeted it to get them to hurry up and announce it 😂

If you’re excited then I’m excited!

But seriously, on the one hand I’m dreading this next season without Davies and Bonnici, and O ‘Dea for that matter. But on the other hand I’m looking forward to seeing these new girls and others, like James, play their second season.

TheVillageIdiot7

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
The issue is that people focus too much on speed at times, and yeah she lacks that a bit, but it doesn't actually impact the way she plays. She is skilful, smart and covers the ground incredibly well. She missed eight months of footy due to lockdowns in Northern NSW, and in her second game back, dominated against the Oakleigh Chargers. She was thrown around at HF in the champs, but she's an inside midfielder, and her character is as good as anyone's I've come across.
Agree re: speed.
We got found out last year (and the year before) against the bigger bodied teams, not against speed.

Think i read that she was captain as well. Which is another tick for character and desire.

I'll be watching with interest.....

Agree re: speed.
We got found out last year (and the year before) against the bigger bodied teams, not against speed.

Think i read that she was captain as well. Which is another tick for character and desire.

I'll be watching with interest.....
Yeah captain of Gold Coast Suns Academy. I think we've got enough speedy players. Even prior to the draft nominations I reckoned she was the perfect fit, so when I heard the Pies were keen, I was so excited.

I messaged her on Monday to ask what her nomination was, and she said GC only, and so tbh when it was coming up to the Pies third pick I was actually hoping for a pass, and once it came I was very happy.

You think we'll select two more players? Pie 4 Life with Bri and Brit not available this year. Unless they somehow make a miracle comeback lol You'd think we put them on the inactive list.
Yeah by my count we now have exactly 30 (including Membrey and Lin coming back). So therefore putting Davey and Bonnici on the inactive list would open up two more spaces.

Yeah by my count we now have exactly 30 (including Membrey and Lin coming back). So therefore putting Davey and Bonnici on the inactive list would open up two more spaces.
Suppose we'll wait and see if they do that. You'd imagine they would, gives two extra options for the season.

ToonAussie

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
mount eliza
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC: f'stonblues: DukeMBB:Warriors
Suppose we'll wait and see if they do that. You'd imagine they would, gives two extra options for the season.
No guys.
We have 30 on list and Bri and Britt on top of that.

23 from last year inc Lin and Membrey.
3 draftees and the cricketer rookie.
And from other clubs Barber, Sansonetti and Brazzale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No guys.
We have 30 on list and Bri and Britt on top of that.

23 from last year inc Lin and Membrey.
3 draftees and the cricketer rookie.
And from other clubs Barber, Sansonetti and Brazzale
Ah yeah because we had the 32?

OUT: Alexander, Meagher, Smith, Velardo, Purcell, O’Dea, Newman
IN: Barber, Brazzale, Sansonetti, Emily Smith, Taylor, Blair, Evans

I've got seven official ins and outs, which in that case would make it 32, inclusive of Davey and Bonnici.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah yeah because we had the 32?

OUT: Alexander, Meagher, Smith, Velardo, Purcell, O’Dea, Newman
IN: Barber, Brazzale, Sansonetti, Emily Smith, Taylor, Blair, Evans

I've got seven official ins and outs, which in that case would make it 32, inclusive of Davey and Bonnici.

Feel like we have done well to avoid losing a big name. Alexander may hurt a little as felt like she was a key piece up front.

Feel like we have done well to avoid losing a big name. Alexander may hurt a little as felt like she was a key piece up front.
Barber will play that Alexander role up front. If she stays fit, then she will be a fantastic get there.

ToonAussie

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
mount eliza
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC: f'stonblues: DukeMBB:Warriors
I agree about missing Sophie A but I was a bit disappointed with her output in recent seasons as I had been hoping for more
with her great kicking etc.
Velardo was ready to be a good or better than that, AFLW player.
Ebony and Elisha were good depth players.

Brazzale and Sansonetti are probably a better pair than the "E's" as I see it.
Barber is exciting as P4L has described and our draftees have more potential than I thought possible with our draft position.
Good drafting, picking up a rookie and getting a Queensland leftover.

I watched the 2 Charlottes playing against each other in the Coll v Casey VFLW finals game on VFL streaming.
Both have somethig but raw.
And I watched Barber v Sansonetti - Geel v Rich AFLW game on website.
In the middle of Q 4, Barber takes a sensational big pack mark but manages to bang her head on the ground and stagger / fall on getting up.
Somehow she was allowed to play on.

TheVillageIdiot7

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was frustrated by Alexander…until we traded in Barber.
She is the one that I’m most excited to see. I’m stoked we picked her up.
Alexander is 28-29 (I think) and Barber is 20. If she can learn to provide a similar output, she’ll be a 10 year player…very good move. She has the height and takes a good contested mark, better than Alexander. Although kicking isn’t as good (not many are though).

Not too fussed on Velardo. Think she is too slow of mind to become the player I hoped she would. Just doesn’t see the game, which is understandable given her late start. But add her lack of pace and I just don’t see it. Just my opinion.

Good offseason. Under the radar and kept the nucleus together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back