List Mgmt. Draft, Sign, Trade, Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Frederick for a fringe player in Shevlin seems reasonable. We need a tall target forward. I'm hoping Frederick will recapture her form with our better ball movement.

I don't know anything about Downie, is she any good? We needed a ruck so it's good we've targeted one.

I'm still bummed about Sharni. She's such a big personality and tough competitor. If she only left because of the part time challenges I wish we'd been able to do more for her. The womans game still has a long way to become fully professional.
yeah, I'm fine with Shevlin seeking more opportunities, didn't appear she was in our best team bar injuries. Hopefully Frederick can capture some good form again.
Maybe a better football program at the pies she can get even fitter.

Sharni was always gonna be a big loss, on and off the field. Be sad to see next season without her.

Downie... Talk about veteran. Already 36 years old...will be 37 in July. I'm not sure this is the right way to go. Not sure how much she has left in her.

I like the trades / signings.
Is it only losing Maddie Shevlin?

Sharni is a very difficult player to replace.
It doesn't appear that rucks are as bountiful in AFL W as in the men's comp.
And we really don't have a back-up, we used Bella last season not very successfully.
I'm not sure thst Abby Green is mobile enough.

Alison and Sabrina don't appear to be high-priced or costly to acquire and complement each other.
Alison ruck / forward
Sabrina Forward / ruck.

I like the trades / signings.
Is it only losing Maddie Shevlin?

Sharni is a very difficult player to replace.
It doesn't appear that rucks are as bountiful in AFL W as in the men's comp.
And we really don't have a back-up, we used Bella last season not very successfully.
I'm not sure thst Abby Green is mobile enough.

Alison and Sabrina don't appear to be high-priced or costly to acquire and complement each other.
Alison ruck / forward
Sabrina Forward / ruck.

So far, but we'll know over the next week as the trade/sign period kicks off.

Have to admit I'm not that excited about getting Sabrina Frederick if its going to cost us a lot, she hasn't kicked more than 3 goals in a season since 2018. But she definitely fits a list need and she might work well with Molloy. Can't see Alexander and Frederick working together in the same team unless Molloy moves into the midfield.

Shevlin would have been good to keep, but she is fairly replaceable as our younger players hopefully continue to develop.

Downie as a stop gap solution for a year is a good option I think. Bella Smith and Abbie Green aren't ready to carry a ruck role all season.

Have to admit I'm not that excited about getting Sabrina Frederick if its going to cost us a lot, she hasn't kicked more than 3 goals in a season since 2018. But she definitely fits a list need and she might work well with Molloy. Can't see Alexander and Frederick working together in the same team unless Molloy moves into the midfield.

Shevlin would have been good to keep, but she is fairly replaceable as our younger players hopefully continue to develop.

Downie as a stop gap solution for a year is a good option I think. Bella Smith and Abbie Green aren't ready to carry a ruck role all season.

I wouldn't think she would cost us too much. Hopefully just a straight swap.

I wouldn't think she would cost us too much. Hopefully just a straight swap.
Hopefully shes super hungry as it would probably be her last crack at it.
She looked fitter and leaner last season, hopefully that will continue. Cant fix her lack of pace but i still like it as a deep go to marking option.
Adds to our depth in our weekest part of the ground. Good work pies.

yeah, I'm fine with Shevlin seeking more opportunities, didn't appear she was in our best team bar injuries. Hopefully Frederick can capture some good form again.
Maybe a better football program at the pies she can get even fitter.

Sharni was always gonna be a big loss, on and off the field. Be sad to see next season without her.

Downie... Talk about veteran. Already 36 years old...will be 37 in July. I'm not sure this is the right way to go. Not sure how much she has left in her.

Downie has elite BB background and has at least one season left, was played out of position all year last year.
AFLW seasons are short and tap rucks don’t grow on trees. Watch the midfield getting it down their throat next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downie has elite BB background and has at least one season left, was played out of position all year last year.
AFLW seasons are short and tap rucks don’t grow on trees. Watch the midfield getting it down their throat next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I watched some highlights from this year, yeah she looks alright.

Frederick is a bit of a worry but she might do well in a good team.

I’d be trying her out of the goal square along with Chloe. Basicially acting as Chloes decoy.

I’d liken it to 2018 men’s side, Fredrick/Cox , Chloe/De Goey.

If we can make it work, it’ll be a force. But, Chloe needs to be the focal point. If things aren’t going well, Fredrick gets dropped immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently there are 5 Victorian teams with draft picks between picks 16 and 25. And 3 Victorian teams between picks 48 and 53.

So pending other trades, effectively we have downgraded our first round pick by 5 spots, downgraded our third round pick by 3 spots, and given up Shevlin.

If other Vic teams trade picks in from interstate clubs that will change.

Personally. While I think Downie is a serious unit, she doesn't really make us better IMO. I'm not sure how valuable tap rucks are in footy s a whole and I think they are even less valuable in women footy. Ground coverage is so important that unless we have a ruck like Moody or Pearce which we don't, I think we may as well go with Cann or Velorado as our ruck. I think our height in Frederick, Alexander & Green is best used in the forward line to stretch opposition defenders. I would also propose moving Schleicher to a wing. I know she was the best defender in the comp last season but with the acquisition of Frederick, Brazill can now go back allowing us to free up Schleicher where she can be a marking option on the wing and use her speed which is very solid. We also have a glut of good defenders that I think we can afford to do this.

Collingwood Best 21 (based off current list as of right now)
B. J.Allen/S.Livingstone
HB. L.Butler/A.Brazill/A.Porter
R. M.Cann/B.Davey/B.Bonnici
C. S.Chiocci/J.Lambert/R.Schleicher
HF. A.Sheridan/S.Alexander/S.Rowe
F. C.Molloy/S.Frederick
int. S.Casey/A.Velorado/Ta.Brown/E.O'Dea/A.Moloney
Next in: A.Newman/A.Green/E.Fowler/J.Lin

Apparently, Gold Coast are looking to off-load pick 6 and pick 8. Hot take but I think we could part with Lambert. She is 28 and we have Mikayla Cann to step up in her absence as Bonnici and Davey have gone past her. I honestly do not believe she is a needed player. Handy yes but replaceable and can extract value while high. She would need to agree to these terms as well. We could also nab 2 of the best victorian prospects as well. Could get a young ruck and another mid.

Lambert would seriously help Gold Coast. She immediately becomes their best player and makes them competitive through the middle. She would provide leadership for their younger players and would be rewarded pretty handsomely.

If not, we could look at off-loading a Fowler, Membrey or O'Dea but doubt any have high value

Apparently, Gold Coast are looking to off-load pick 6 and pick 8. Hot take but I think we could part with Lambert. She is 28 and we have Mikayla Cann to step up in her absence as Bonnici and Davey have gone past her. I honestly do not believe she is a needed player. Handy yes but replaceable and can extract value while high. She would need to agree to these terms as well. We could also nab 2 of the best victorian prospects as well. Could get a young ruck and another mid.

Lambert would seriously help Gold Coast. She immediately becomes their best player and makes them competitive through the middle. She would provide leadership for their younger players and would be rewarded pretty handsomely.
Trade one of our 3 best mids? Nah. Still too valuable to the structure of our side and a match winner too.

Trade one of our 3 best mids? Nah. Still too valuable to the structure of our side and a match winner too.

If it nabs us pick 6 and 8, I'd do it in a heartbeat. However, If we could package Fowler & Membrey for pick 8, I would rather do that instead, just depends on how many Vic teams are in the market for those picks. My gut feel says a lot will.

If it nabs us pick 6 and 8, I'd do it in a heartbeat. However, If we could package Fowler & Membrey for pick 8, I would rather do that instead, just depends on how many Vic teams are in the market for those picks. My gut feel says a lot will.
We gave away our 1st rounder for Sabrina. feels like we're going for trading in players to help our talent, as they may feel we have enough high end talent on our list and dont need anymore kids. I don't think we'll offload anymore players. Prob do the DFA in that carlton ruck and thats it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back