List Mgmt. Draft, Sign, Trade, Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're interested in Draft Discussion or have any questions feel free to pop into this thread that I've had up for a month(ish)!

It'll be interesting to see what other delistings are made, with a good group of youth pushing up some of those 27+ year-olds may have to make way on the list
Looking at the list.. trying to see any vulnerable players.

Shevlin? I wouldn't think we cut any first year players such as Verlado, Purcell (but intercross code rookie, prob on a multi year contract?)

Looking at the list.. trying to see any vulnerable players.

Shevlin? I wouldn't think we cut any first year players such as Verlado, Purcell (but intercross code rookie, prob on a multi year contract?)
I'd hate to see Shev go, has been really useful when called upon, but it seems if someone else has to go without retirement she'd probably be the one

I was expecting this.

Tough team to force your way into at the moment. Good luck to her 2022 and beyond.

I'd hate to see Shev go, has been really useful when called upon, but it seems if someone else has to go without retirement she'd probably be the one
Yeah, I was looking through the list and its really tough to see who else might be cut.

Don't we have to cut a certain amount for the draft?

Yeah, I was looking through the list and its really tough to see who else might be cut.

Don't we have to cut a certain amount for the draft?
I think there has to be 3 list changes via retirement or delisting

I think there has to be 3 list changes via retirement or delisting
Okay.
So far we have two (Sharni's retirement, and now Stratton, so clearly there will be another at very least) then if we want to be involved in the trade period, we'd need to do more than 3.

Chloe Molloy set to pen two-year contract at Collingwood.

Premiers Brisbane believed they were an outside chance to snare Molloy after she spent a portion of last year in Queensland with her partner, but St Kilda came hard for the crafty matchwinner, while Geelong also made an ultimately futile pitch.

However Foxfooty.com.au understands Melbourne was the club that tempted Molloy the most, offering huge money and a dangling the carrot of a premiership, before she ultimately decided to remain loyal.

The Magpies will be relieved to know the All-Australian intends to shun large financial proposals from rival clubs and remain in black and white for two more seasons, which is the maximum length contract in women’s football at the moment.

Also.

Richmond forward Sabrina Frederick is out of contract after an underwhelming season and has received attention from Collingwood. The Tigers tried her in defence for a stint late in the year but she struggled to have an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly don't reckon Fredrick adds much, pretty happy with the marking targets up forward, would much rather another pacey crumber.
Unless she's used in the ruck, but even then surely there are better options
Yeah, I don't really rate her very much. We'll need a ruck, sure, but I'd be looking elsewhere.

Looking at the draft for a Key Forward wouldn't be awful either, Ella Friend from the GWV Rebels is one that'd likely be around our first that is extremely mobile and an elite mark, can play on the wing or down back as well.
Less likely to be there but Tara Slender is a genuine Utility from Bendigo Pioneers that's another great mark, can play midfield and is really clean with the footy, although she's likely to be a top 3 pick in the Vic pool

Yeah. I don't think that would suit us. I'd rather someone more mobile if we're going for a forward target.
I wouldnt mind her as the deep forward , she can mark. She just cant get the ball herself.
I feel like we have some very penetrating kicks like Schleicher, Allen, Davey that can get the ball from outside 50 into the square very quickly for a one on one. This would suit her more. I think we would get her cheap too so why not.

d92ef0cc7c7d9f2c66c60462ff5525bd.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fringe Collingwood player Maddie Shevlin is bound for Richmond as part of a deal which should make Sabrina Frederick a Magpie.

Veteran ruck Alison Downie also looks likely to join Collingwood, having also parted ways with the Blues at the end of the season.

PMBangers

Fringe Collingwood player Maddie Shevlin is bound for Richmond as part of a deal which should make Sabrina Frederick a Magpie.

Veteran ruck Alison Downie also looks likely to join Collingwood, having also parted ways with the Blues at the end of the season.

PMBangers

Frederick for a fringe player in Shevlin seems reasonable. We need a tall target forward. I'm hoping Frederick will recapture her form with our better ball movement.

I don't know anything about Downie, is she any good? We needed a ruck so it's good we've targeted one.

I'm still bummed about Sharni. She's such a big personality and tough competitor. If she only left because of the part time challenges I wish we'd been able to do more for her. The womans game still has a long way to become fully professional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back