2021/2022 European Leagues, English Championship, UEFA Champions League & Europa League

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like an early upset in the Bundesliga this morning

Bayern Munich v Augsburg

Augsburg around $16 to win, and $55 to win 2-1 Correct Score about to come through.

I think with the international break, teams with a lot of international players coming back for that first game can always be a bit rusty.

Champions League round of 16. Odds from Smarkets Betting Exchange:

Atletico Madrid 2.58, Draw 3.20, Man United 3.25
Benfica 4.50, Draw 4, Ajax 1.84

Feel like there will be goals in Atletico Madrid v Man United.

Man United coming into this game with a bit of form.

FA Cup bets for me in Everton v Boreham Wood

Everton to Win/ Both Teams to score @ 4.00
Over 2.5 Cards for Boreham Wood @ 4.00

I think Boreham Wood are good enough to make it a cagey encounter and being on prime time TV, think the odds for the above are a bit too big for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

World Cup 2022 European Playoff Draw:

View attachment 1288169

Only 3 of those teams can qualify. Portugal and Italy in the same path for one spot.

Path A looks the slightly weaker of those 3 paths.

Fancy: Italy, Wales and Poland to qualify.
Polands chances of qualifying for the World Cup now 1 step away. And i think they would fancy knocking off either Sweden or the Czechs over 2 legs.

Socceroos v Japan:

Japan squad, team news and predicted starting side​

Goalkeepers: Eiji Kawashima (Strasbourg), Shuichi Gonda (Shimizu S-Pulse), Schmidt Daniel (Sint-Truiden VV), Kosei Tani (Shonan Bellmare)

Defenders: Yuto Nagatomo (FC Tokyo), Maya Yoshida (Sampdoria), Sho Sasaki (Sanfrecce Hiroshima), Shogo Taniguchi (Kawasaki Frontale), Miki Yamane (Kawasaki Frontale), Naomichi Ueda (Neem), Ko Itakura (Schalke04), Yuta Nakayama (Zwolle), Shinnosuke Nakatani (Nagoya Grampus)

Midfielders/Forwards: Genki Haraguchi (Union Berlin), Gaku Shibasaki (Leganes), Wataru Endo (Stuttgart), Junya Ito (Genk), Takuma Asano (Bochum), Takumi Minamino (Liverpool), Hidemasa Morita (Santa Clara), Kaoru Mitoma (Union Saint-Giroise), Reo Hatate (Celtic), Ayase Ueda (Kashima Antlers), Ao Tanaka (Dusseldorf), Takefusa Kubo (Mallorca), Daichi Hayashi (Sint-Truidense)

Yuya Osako and Hiroki Sakai were named in the original squad but were forced out with injury. Daichi Hayashi and Shinnosuke Nakatani were called up to replace them.

Daizen Maeda was also withdrawn on Monday with no replacement as yet named.

Predicted Japan XI: Gonda; Nagatomo, Taniguchi, Yoshida, Yamane; Morita, Endo, Tanaka; Ito, Minamino, Ueda.

Looking forward to watch Minamino play on Australian shores. Not often you see current Liverpool players grace our shores in a competitive fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back