2021/2022 NHL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

I have just seen the streaming options have changed this season. How is everyone planning on streaming the games in Aus?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

your options are:

1) stream illegally
2) go down the VPN route
3) subscribe to Foxtel Now and the sports package (close to $50 a month)
4) Buy a Fetch box ($170 odd up front cost), subscribe to the package that has ESPN ($6 a month) (Note: you don't actually use the Fetch box to stream the games)

I had a fetch box in the family already so I've set it all up.

your options are:

1) stream illegally
2) go down the VPN route
3) subscribe to Foxtel Now and the sports package (close to $50 a month)
4) Buy a Fetch box ($170 odd up front cost), subscribe to the package that has ESPN ($6 a month) (Note: you don't actually use the Fetch box to stream the games)

Anything but number 3.

Has anyone watched the Prime series 'All or Nothing' yet? I've heard good things about it so far

your options are:

Also note: you cant just set up a Fetch account online without buying the box. The activation code you need doesnt work on the ESPN app, before being used to activate the box itself.

Thanks for the tips all.

I did contemplate just setting up the Fetch account. So I'm glad I've got the heads up that doesn't work. It just seems like such a waste to get the Fetch box just for this, but I think it's looking like my best option.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It just seems like such a waste to get the Fetch box just for this, but I think it's looking like my best option.

You're right.

If I hadn't found a use for it in another room, i would have been (stayed :D) livid at the sunken cost.

Whilst theres a few aspects that make it a backwards step from nhl.tv, it'll get the job done, for only $6 a month.

Do I need a smart TV to plug Fetch box into? I have been using my old Panasonic with my Apple TV attached that runs over wifi, with NHL app running off the Apple TV.

Not a tech head - my son usually sorts this stuff!

Do I need a smart TV to plug Fetch box into? I have been using my old Panasonic with my Apple TV attached that runs over wifi, with NHL app running off the Apple TV.

Not a tech head - my son usually sorts this stuff!
As above, you don’t use the Fetch box for actually watching the hockey.

You need to watch live via the espn+ app on your phone/iPad etc, and then cast that stream to your tv.

If you don’t have a smart tv, you’ll need a Chromecast dongle or similar that receives the feed from your phone.

AppleTV won’t help as it doesn’t have the espn app on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seabrook probably won’t be as good as Marián Gáborík was for Tampa Bay.
Or Kucherov's 'injury'.

Was looking at Tampa's Capfriendly page and noticed they'd still be on the hook for Lecavalier's contract if it wasn't a freebie in the 2013 off-season. It's amazing the s**t the league lets GMs get away with.

Looks like I am just sticking with NFL in the summer, MLB in winter and WWE all year round for American sports. Really disappointed that nhl.tv isnt in Australia, was looking forward to trying something new

Remove this Banner Ad

Back