BBL 2021/22 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run some fantasy cricket with a fairly unique scoring system for my mates. Scoring is for the entire season and as follows

BATTING: Runs x Strike Rate / 100
BOWLING: wickets = 20pts with an economy bonus of 1pt for every run under 12 an over you concede. i.e figure of 2 for 30 off four overs is 58pts total.
FIELDING: 10pts a catch, 20pts a stumping.

Everyone gets a budget of $200 to buy 10 players, most points wins. We also run a few draft comps with the same scoring

Anyway, Im just wondering what people think of the various Best XIs.

So far I have as below (this was done a week ago just before the Nabi signing, have missed other changes). Have Nabi instead of Fraser-McGurk for Renegades.

Bryant/Bazley/Kuhnemann are in red since they are ineligible for one of my comps for personal records (signed too late to be eligible).
Green = pace
blue = spin
Lighter colours for part time options that likely won't bowl 3+ overs a game.

View attachment 1282622

Any help appreciated.

The Hobart team is definitely the best XI players from the current squad but I think it might be hard to play those 5 bowlers together given that none of them can really bat. Ellis can slog a few but an #8 at best. I think Hobart would be hoping to sign an all rounder with their last international slot. Otherwise one player from the squad you don't have listed is Josh Kann. I haven't seen the guy play but looking through his career he started out as a bowling all rounder but has recently really improved significantly as a big hitting batsman. If you want a cheap option for the bench for the fantasy team he might be it. He would solve that structure problem if they could get 4 overs between him and Short. Hobart have been awful with the international signings over the years but those fringe state / grade players they have done well with Short, Ellis, David so will look forward with interest to see if Kann gets a game or not.

Wheeling out the big names. I'm presuming they are county players since I've never heard of them.
Evans is a bit of a T20 pro, played everywhere now

Though I guess we can't say as much now with Lab.

Disagree. Marnus came to Australia at about 10, an entirely different situation to the KPs and Archers of the world who move later of their own accord for purely cricketing reasons

As for Carse, strange signing. Has a bit of pace but pretty much nothing else. Can't see that one working out well for the Scorchers

Carse is probably depth at this point. Can't see him getting a game ahead of Tye/JRich (if not in Ashes) or Behrendorff and at about the tier of Hardie/Kelly, of whom maybe one plays if the team goes in with only Agar instead of Agar and Hatzoglou

Carse has a T20 bowling average of 45 and an economy of 9. Only has 21 wickets in 40 games too.

What am I missing?
You stole the Gades signing

Normally we sign shitty poms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB_IMG_1637637489813.jpg
Sorry no link. I guess they don't want any spectators. With a bit of thought they could have had a double header with a thunder game

A 9:30 game in Sydney between Perth and Adelaide is going to be a real crowd puller with a game at the SCG beforehand

Hurricanes do use their last international slot to sign an all rounder with Jordan Thompson picked up. Team mate of Harry Brook from Yorkshire.

Hot start to his FC career with 66 wickets at 19. T20 econ of 9.26 not so hot. Career T20 batting strike rate of 167 after 40 matches.

Weird combination of stats. Pom version of Cutting maybe.

Last edited:
Hobart Hurricanes squad: Scott Boland, Harry Brook (England), Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Peter Handscomb, Caleb Jewell, Josh Kann, Sandeep Lamichhane (Nepal), Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Mitch Owen, Joel Paris, Wil Parker, D'Arcy Short, Jordan Thompson (England), Matthew Wade, Mac Wright

Final squad pretty solid with Wade available.

Hobart Hurricanes squad: Scott Boland, Harry Brook (England), Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Peter Handscomb, Caleb Jewell, Josh Kann, Sandeep Lamichhane (Nepal), Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Mitch Owen, Joel Paris, Wil Parker, D'Arcy Short, Jordan Thompson (England), Matthew Wade, Mac Wright

Final squad pretty solid with Wade available.
Harry Brook definitely a good pick up,will slot in nicely in our top order.

Does anyone know what's going on with Sam Whiteman and the Scorchers? Article (paywall) says he's left the Scorchers but I can't find any other links/news on which team he's off to?

"Perth Scorchers hero Sam Whiteman has played his last match for the team where he won three BBL titles.

As Whiteman celebrated his Sheffield Shield captaincy debut with an unbeaten 176 against Tasmania on Monday, the second-highest score by any WA captain in his first outing, he is set to follow WA teammate Shaun Marsh to the Melbourne Renegades.

He has informed WA Cricket that he will leave the Scorchers after a decade with the T20 franchise and is expected to sign with the Renegades as soon as the Shield match is over.

Tasmania reached 2-210 on Monday in reply to WA’s 9-405.

Whiteman and current coach Adam Voges are the only Scorchers to appear in the team’s three BBL wins in 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2016-17.

THE GAME: Sign up for free cricket tipping, with $28,000 worth of prizes up for grabs!

The left-hander has played just two games for Perth in the past two seasons but is set to bat in the top order for the Renegades who will be without Marsh (calf) and Marcus Harris (Test duties) in the early part of the tournament.

Whiteman’s manager Sam Maxwell confirmed that the 29-year-old had interest from three BBL franchises but would make a decision on his future this week.

“The Renegades are a possibility but two other clubs are interested as well,” Maxwell said.

“I can confirm that Sam won’t be at the Scorchers.

“He is likely to make a decision when the current shield game finishes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back