2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

skam85

lick the stamp and send it
Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
8yrs today since Wigan won the FA Cup :)

so that means about 7yrs and 361 days since we got relegated from the PL....

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
The team I have an ownership stake in finished 2 places out of the playoffs on 70 points this season. Hopefully a good building season to push further next season.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Nilbog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Luton 1-1 Huddersfield
Sheffield 1-2 Forest

Sheffield scored late to keep it alive, but Forest would still have to be favourites to go through being at home in the second leg.

DEVO

Are We Not Men? We Are...
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta, Carlisle, Ross County
Forest easily created enough chances to win by 3 or 4.
Sheffield barely landed a punch at home and lucky to get a late goal.
I watched the first half and there was a 15 minute period late in the first half where there was about 3 or 4 instances where I could not believe they did not put at least two or three goals past the United goalkeeper. United were incredibly lucky not to be 3 or 4 down at halftime.

Last edited:

BobbyMorri

Community Leader
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Northampton lost their first leg 2-1 in the semi-final play-off v Mansfield Town :straining:

since they've been so bitter about how crap we are, it would be fantastic to see them miss out.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
As much as I hate Forest, I'd genuinely love to have a proper rival to play again.

To think there's a chance that there'll be no Forest or Derby in the Championship next season is crazy - considering how long both have been there.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
As much as I hate Forest, I'd genuinely love to have a proper rival to play again.

To think there's a chance that there'll be no Forest or Derby in the Championship next season is crazy - considering how long both have been there.

Who'd be the new longest serving - Preston? Or Milwall?

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Definitely Forest currently but after a quick look I couldn't find an easy answer.

For some reason I thought Millwall were in League One not that long ago but I could be wrong

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, WCW
Definitely Forest currently but after a quick look I couldn't find an easy answer.

For some reason I thought Millwall were in League One not that long ago but I could be wrong

You might be right, I thought Milwall had been in the league uninterrupted since at least 2010/11 (since I went to a Hull-Milwall game then) but could be wrong.

If it's not them I'd think it's definitely Preston.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Millwall were relegated in 14/15.

I'd say Preston are probably it then. Bristol City have been around for a while as well I think.

Elmer_Judd

Baggers 8-2 2022
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You might be right, I thought Milwall had been in the league uninterrupted since at least 2010/11 (since I went to a Hull-Milwall game then) but could be wrong.

If it's not them I'd think it's definitely Preston.

Pretty sure Millwall got relegated to League 1 5 years ago or so and then came back up .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Preston got promoted in 2015. Birmingham have been there since 2011 and Blackburn 2012.

Aucklander

The Ultimate Warrior
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
duck me, what a cowardly prick.

Billy Sharp is one of the nicest guys around as well. Not that it should make any difference.

Disgraceful act. Gutless pig.

What a performance by Samba. Was the difference.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Nilbog
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Disgraceful act. Gutless pig.

What a performance by Samba. Was the difference.
That early save to deny Ndiaye and the late one were huge. Penalties was the fair result in the end, Forest should've buried them in the first leg, but Sheffield were the better side in this leg.

And the campaigner in the yellow jacket is a gutless coward. Just as bad as the Brummie prick who hit Grealish from behind a few seasons back.

TheGreatBarryB

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
F
That early save to deny Ndiaye and the late one were huge. Penalties was the fair result in the end, Forest should've buried them in the first leg, but Sheffield were the better side in this leg.

And the campaigner in the yellow jacket is a gutless coward. Just as bad as the Brummie prick who hit Grealish from behind a few seasons back.
i saw the late save and I thought for sure they were going to score there. Was terrific in the penalties as well.

largebus

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Forest going up would give Leicester a genuine rivalry other than just a one-way hatred from Spurs.
IMG_20180512_142650.thumb.jpg.266bc136baa979926e6b2d680c52fa9f.jpg

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hahaha always been the inbred bunch of the midlands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad