2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Wimbledon v Oxford UTD on Kayo tonight (and I assume bein/Foxtel)

Best thing about the International Break is lower leagues getting their time to shine

Oxford deserve their lead certainly, Mebude and Guiness Walker have looked the pick of the Dons players. Hopefully we can turn it around in the 2nd half

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Can't begrudge Oxford getting the late goal but it is always frustrating to see a team be good enough for 80% of the time (and I'm a Freo fan I've seen this script already this year).

Mebude has been good, Palmer has shown plenty himself (plus Pressley on the pine) and I know that these three may overlap in positions but I still say McCormick, Rudoni and Assal are the Dons best strike force.

I'll be shocked if the Dons don't eventually lose Rudoni to a better team :)
In an FM save I did he ended up racking up 400+ games as AFC Wimbledon reached the prem. Hopefully this scenario will eventuate

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Seems silly to say it this early in the season but that feels like a massive home win for the Dons (3-1). It keeps promotion dream's alive for now and if next year I am not wondering who is in League Two well then I will take that and be happy.

I've seen the Dons once but never at home, if international travel ever allows it a day at Plough Lane is fairly high on the wish list.

Last edited:
Seems silly to say it this early in the season but that feels like a massive home win for the Dons (3-1). It keeps promotion dream's alive for now and if next year I am not wondering who is in League Two well then I will take that and be happy.

I've seen the Dons once but never at home, if international travel ever allows it a day at Plough Lane is fairly high on the wish list.

I hope you beat MK this season.

Also go QPR.

The two Cumbrian teams have got off to good starts this season, Barrow won 3-0 away at Oldham to move up to 9th, while Carlisle defeated Salford 2-1 at home to move up to 8th.

Former Premier League club Oldham Athletic have lost five of their first six games this season to sit in 23rd and in one of the relegation positions. After Barrow's third goal this morning the Oldham fans started booing and evaded the pitch, holding up the game for three minutes. Oldham's main supporter groups are not happy with the current ownership and are calling for a meeting but the owners are not complying and this is causing a lot of unrest between them, the supporter groups and fans. At the moment Oldham look like they could be the first former EPL club to be relegated out of the Football League. Interesting times ahead for the Latics.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The two Cumbrian teams have got off to good starts this season, Barrow won 3-0 away at Oldham to move up to 9th, while Carlisle defeated Salford 2-1 at home to move up to 8th.

Former Premier League club Oldham Athletic have lost five of their first six games this season to sit in 23rd and in one of the relegation positions. After Barrow's third goal this morning the Oldham fans started booing and evaded the pitch, holding up the game for three minutes. Oldham's main supporter groups are not happy with the current ownership and are calling for a meeting but the owners are not complying and this is causing a lot of unrest between them, the supporter groups and fans. At the moment Oldham look like they could be the first former EPL club to be relegated out of the Football League. Interesting times ahead for the Latics.
I’ve never really forgiven Oldham for beating us in an FA Cup Quarter Final back in ‘94. How times have changed, what odds this year of a Bolton v Oldham FA Cup Quarter Final?
But now to today and remember we also started last season poorly, but we got promotion in the end. I don’t want to see another of Bolton’s neighbours go down the drain and end in disaster like Bury.
That’s the worry. Bury have disappeared and that town lies between Oldham & Bolton. The fear is real.
It’s tough, look at us - 3 relegations, 2 separate points deductions, 2 transfer embargoes, winding up orders, bankruptcy, player walk outs…
But we survived.
Good luck Oldham Athletic.

So many of the clubs that are in trouble seem to be from the Greater Manchester area, Bury have gone while Bolton, Oldham, Wigan, Rochdale and Stockport have all had financial issues and fallen through the Football League tiers or into National League. It's like those two ugly behemoths have sucked the life out football in the area. Another reason to hate United and City. Not that I need another. :)

So many of the clubs that are in trouble seem to be from the Greater Manchester area, Bury have gone while Bolton, Oldham, Wigan, Rochdale and Stockport have all had financial issues and fallen through the Football League tiers or into National League. It's like those two ugly behemoths have sucked the life out football in the area. Another reason to hate United and City. Not that I need another. :)

Don’t forget FC munted.

Don’t forget FC munted.
I don't think they have ever played in the Football League. All the others have.

Could have included Salford, but they are doing okay at the moment.

I don't think they have ever played in the Football League. All the others have.

Could have included Salford, but they are doing okay at the moment.

I meant they take supporters away from others if they still followed the bigger side.

I meant they take supporters away from others if they still followed the bigger side.
I thought their only supporters were disgruntled former Man U supporters?

Then again I don't really know anything about them because I read somewhere (perhaps on this forum) that they were formed by those disgruntled supporters.

I thought their only supporters were disgruntled former Man U supporters?

Then again I don't really know anything about them because I read somewhere (perhaps on this forum) that they were formed by those disgruntled supporters.

Yeah that's them, but i know a couple of them that followed the big side and couldn't get tickets to home games so they go to AVRO i think it's called?

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wigan are bouncing back :)

Wigan are bouncing back :)
It looked a little precarious for a while, they only just survived in League One last year. I hope they can rebuild and work their way back to the Championship or even the Premiership, they have started this League One season positively which is good to see.

I remember reading about the Carlisle/Wigan games in the mid nineties when both were in the fourth tier, we had a good little run against them for a couple of years, never at any stage did I think Wigan would be good enough to become a Premiership calibre team, but they had a pretty good run there for a while. I've been a little jealous of supporters of clubs like Wigan, Fulham and Brighton who have seen their teams climb to the top tier while we have been stuck in the third and fourth tiers over last 25-30 years. I missed our Golden era (the 70's) but I hope to one day see my Cumbrians once again play in the Championship, and from there who knows.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
It looked a little precarious for a while, they only just survived in League One last year. I hope they can rebuild and work their way back to the Championship or even the Premiership, they have started this League One season positively which is good to see.

I remember reading about the Carlisle/Wigan games in the mid nineties when both were in the fourth tier, we had a good little run against them for a couple of years, never at any stage did I think Wigan would be good enough to become a Premiership calibre team, but they had a pretty good run there for a while. I've been a little jealous of supporters of clubs like Wigan, Fulham and Brighton who have seen their teams climb to the top tier while we have been stuck in the third and fourth tiers over last 25-30 years. I missed our Golden era (the 70's) but I hope to one day see my Cumbrians will once again play in the Championship, and from there who knows.

Seeing us beat Man City in the FA Cup Final in 2013 made it a lot easier to take that my AFL team hasn't won a flag for 20+ years that's for sure :tearsofjoy:

Seeing us beat Man City in the FA Cup Final in 2013 made it a lot easier to take that my AFL team hasn't won a flag for 20+ years that's for sure :tearsofjoy:
It's always good to see a smaller club beat one of those Manchester behemouths, I'm sure it's even more enjoyable when it's your club that beats them. I would like to experience that one day. :D

Back